• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Shiggy

How does a French power supply work on this? I'm in america

You can just use any USB adapter, or buy Nintendo's version:
71%2BqT6XMrYL._SL1500_.jpg

dock

Amazon and Nintendo UK had it for £69.99
Game had it for £79.99

I'm guessing that extra £10 is a "because Game" tax.
My Shopt0 preorder is £79.99 too, and I was wondering whether they might lower it to the RRP. Probably shouldn't grumble about the extra £10.

neoemonk

I woke up today and my heart skipped a beat as I looked at my phone and saw I had received an email from Walmart. Immediately I thought they had canceled my pre-order, but no, they wanted me to take a survey of my online experience. Bastards.

Europe SNES Classic don't come with power supply. Only USB cable. Use any charger you have or any USB port to power it.

I wonder how my local Singapore offical distributor will handle it since we have both the Japan and US version of the SNES classic (!) and Singapore uses the Uk Plug.

I guess they will just remove the chargers.... lol

In case anyone in SG want to know

Lazada have US version @ 139 SGD (Around 102.87 US Dollar inclusive of Local Tax ) and JAP version @ 134 SGD with free shipping . Its actually quite reasonable.

https://www.lazada.sg/pre-order-super-nes-classic-mini-43496149.html?spm=a2o42.other.0.0.BYhjna

I woke up today and my heart skipped a beat as I looked at my phone and saw I had received an email from Walmart. Immediately I thought they had canceled my pre-order, but no, they wanted me to take a survey of my online experience. Bastards.

I got the same email and freaked out. Then I saw it was just a survey and realized my order was okay. Really woke me up this morning!

hayejin

I wonder how my local Singapore offical distributor will handle it since we have both the Japan and US version of the SNES classic (!) and Singapore uses the Uk Plug.

Lazada have US version @ 139 SGD (Around 102.87 US Dollar inclusive of Local Tax ) and JAP version @ 134 SGD with free shipping . Its actually quite reasonable.

https://www.lazada.sg/pre-order-super-nes-classic-mini-43496149.html?spm=a2o42.other.0.0.BYhjna

Do they ship to US?

Dimentios

How save is a preorder at Fnac?
Got one for 10X,- € shipping to Germany.

Edit: Shit, I accidentally (?) also got a 30 day Fnac Card (or whatever) which automatically extends. :/
Is there a simple option to cancel that card or do I have to write an email in french?

hypotc

Europe SNES Classic don't come with power supply. Only USB cable. Use any charger you have or any USB port to power it.

Plugging it straight into a USB slot on the TV is even easier and works fine!

Edit: Saw you wrote USB port at the end, but thought people should know a TV can power the thing without problems. The NES Classic atleast.

evil ways

Amazon.fr placed a $1.19 charge on my card, I guess its to verify payment method. Also my order has a ship and delivery estimate date, so far so good.

Mcdohl

Do they ship internationally?

RAIDEN1

What I don't understand is why couldn't they have released this in 2007? Surely the tech was available then to do a mini? Also why Streetfighter 2 Turbo, when Super Streetfighter was the better game?

jennetics

What I don't understand is why couldn't they have released this in 2007? Surely the tech was available then to do a mini? Also why Streetfighter 2 Turbo, when Super Streetfighter was the better game?

2007 was when the Virtual Console was really hitting its stride right? Seems like now's the best time to release it, honestly. Especially since the people who grew up with it are old enough to buy it with their own money now (instead of bugging their parents for it lol)

LQX

What's the significance of 2007?

2007 was when the Virtual Console was really hitting its stride right? Seems like now's the best time to release it, honestly. Especially since the people who grew up with it are old enough to buy it with their own money now (instead of bugging their parents for it lol)

The people who grew up during the time the SNES came out were adults before 2007.
Heck, people who were born after the SNES came out were old enough to have jobs in 2007.

Mael

Thanks to Fnac.fr I should have a pretty decent Xmas, sure it's not getting delivered to my doorstep just yet but it's going to people who are coming anyway.
It was live for more than 20min too.
Knowing Fnac, they're not the kind to not stick with orders made so it should work out in the end.
A PAL Snes mini is fantastic! I fully expected to settle for the US version if I even could get one!

jennetics

The people who grew up during the time the SNES came out were adults before 2007.
Heck, people who were born after the SNES came out were old enough to have jobs in 2007.

That's true...

Still, Idk why but it feels like Nintendo is hitting its customers at peak nostalgia levels with the timing. At least for me it does.

JP

I haven't really been following the issues with pre-orders for this as I was lucky to get the two I wanted as soon as they went live. I don't really want to read through almost 200 pages to catch up with the issues but I just want to see if I should be concerned about my orders.

I'm in the UK and have one ordered with the official UK Nintendo Store and the second one ordered from Tesco Direct in the UK. I do keep checking from time to time to make sure that everything is OK simply because I do that with any pre-order that's really early but I'm wondering if anybody can confirm whether they've had any issues in the UK with cancellations from the two retailers that I've used?

They're the same retailers that I used for the two NES Classics before launch and I had no issues with either of those pre-orders so it's not as if I'm concerned but from having a quick look at this thread I can see that people in a variety of situations have had issues and I just want to be sure that I shouldn't be worried about my two orders?

Thanks.

Dimentios

You should receive an email about the cancellation if I remember correctly. Use Google Chrome to auto translate for you.

Ah, yes. Indeed. Found it.

Votre demande de ne pas renouveler automatiquement votre carte est bien prise en compte.

Nous espérons tout de même que vous avez bien profité de la livraison 1J en illimité et de tous nos petits prix. Si vous changez d'avis, il ne sera jamais trop tard pour revenir en profiter.

Your request not to renew your card automatically is taken into account.

We hope that you have benefited from the 1J unlimited delivery and all our small prices. If you change your mind, it will never be too late to come back and enjoy it.

Top Bottom