• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

so strange.

If you change the shipping address on your amazon preorder it gives you a shipping date! (even if its the same shipping address, and it will ask to update your billing address)

Did it to two of my orders so far.

Glitch?

Jeremy

I was almost literally refreshing the order page up until the minute it went up and then the site started crashing.

I thought I'd get one for sure this way. but nope.

site crashed instantly for me too, think someone said they were able to get one but sheesh

Called the GameStop by my job at 11:30 to see if they received any. The guy told me that they expect them today or tomorrow but their shipment for the day hadn't arrived yet but it was expected to arrive any minute. He told me it the shipment should arrive no later than 12:30. I said fuck that and drove my ass up there at 12:45. By the time I got there 5 people were already in line purchasing the console. They had 12 so I was number 8. Glad I am now part of the club without paying ridiculous prices. I'm in the Atlanta Cumberland area.

We still waiting on GameStop to put theirs up online?

Apparently, or standing in line at a brick and mortar Gamestop like me waiting for their UPS truck and even if they will be getting any today. Whoo hoo! I'm first in line! Knowing my luck this means they won't receive any today! :)

Also, the Gamestop I'm at is only selling one per household which I think is great tbh.

notachoice

Neo Member
so strange.

If you change the shipping address on your amazon preorder it gives you a shipping date! (even if its the same shipping address, and it will ask to update your billing address)

Glitch?

Thanks for that. I just went in to edit my shipping info and it now says the 19th.

jtkauff

Anyone having luck with Gamestop today?

Found one at about noon in Columbus, OH. When I called before going, the guy indicated they had sold through most of their shipment already. Didn't ask how many they got or how many were left, I was just happy to get one and get back to work within my lunch break.

Thanks for that. I just went in to edit my shipping info and it now says the 19th.

Glad it worked. I'm not sure how much I trust it though.

I have 3 orders
1- Says its coming the 18th
2- says its coming the 19th
3- still no update on anything

I updated the shipping addresses to my friend and family member i bought them for on the two orders that have a date. For the third order, i'm not going to update address just to see whats going on with this.

Peagles

so strange.

Glitch?

Thanks, just went to go try this and before I even did I see they actually have a delivery date on it now! My order hasn’t had a delivery date on it since they sent the delay email on August 25th so maybe something is about to happen :)

I haven’t got this recent delay email everyone else seems to have gotten...

I ordered before Wario tweeted too.

So, I went to GameStop to to get Shadow of War last night and a guy was trying to trade in a new snes classic.. my guy (the manager) looked at me; like dude get it!

They were offering him $36 for it, I was like "dude, I'll give you $40 for it! They said it was ok as long as I went outside for it.

So got 2 brand new snes classics.

Btw, GameStop got new shipments in.

Edit: he bought it for his (now ex) girlfriend.

mrchad

Just received an email from Amazon. I now have an estimated delivery date of October 25. This is the first estimated delivery date I've received from them.

For what it's worth I ordered at 5:01 AM EDT on August 22 (after Wario64's tweet) and I received an email earlier this morning asking to confirm that I still wanted the order.

Syriel

So, I went to GameStop to to get Shadow of War last night and a guy was trying to trade in a new snes classic.. my guy (the manager) looked at me; like dude get it!

They were offering him $36 for it, I was like "dude, I'll give you $40 for it! They said it was ok as long as I went outside for it.

1. Congrats on your good luck!
  2. I'll never understand why people do this shit when they could just return it for full value paid.

So one of my SNES Classics got a delivery date update for the 20th of October. While the other one is still with no date change. Should I try the billing change that FantasticMrFoxdie mentioned?

shandy706

Noooo, just got a call from GameStop that the SNES classic stock just came in. Go figure I'm out of town with my job!

Called a friend that said it would take him about an hour to get there, as he just stopped for lunch... But he's going to try and get me one.

Interesting that you guys are getting Oct 20 now.

Maybe they are in the process of allocating the orders and if you update the shipping it pushes you to the top of that order

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, especially since the shipping dates indicate otherwise, but I was always under the impression that changing your shipping address or payment method on an Amazon order essentially had the effect of pushing you to the end of the line for preorders? Has this changed?

Syriel

Disagreed on all accounts. NOA shipped a fuckton of these on launch day, to the point that strolling up at store openings, more or less, nigh-guaranteed you one.

Not in SF. Those things were sold out if you weren't there hours before opening.

No one was walking up and just snagging one. In rural towns perhaps, but not in larger cities.

kyo2004

Fucking finally...

aaXBP66.png

Oct 23 seems plausible, but at least, having a set day for delivery is much much better than absolutely nothing...

Now, the wait begins... again xD. Hoping they put the discount (50%) that day... xD

Edit: and on page it's only on Oct 19... much better... xD...

Interesting that you guys are getting Oct 20 now.

Maybe they are in the process of allocating the orders and if you update the shipping it pushes you to the top of that order
Do you think I should change the shipping address of the other one of my order that doesn't have a delivery date?

I thought that pushed you to the end of the line.

shandy706

Yes! My friend changed his mind on going in to eat first... LOL.

He ran over to GameStop and they had 5 in stock. We were the first ones to pick one up out of the five.

Some awesome luck you have.
I have no idea why he didn't just return the item for full value, or sell it for over the retail value like everyone else.
Didn't think it'd be possible for someone to lose money on a SNES classic. lol. He must be very out of the loop.

I hope you double checked the box to make sure it isn't full of rocks. :p

cordy

Banned
I'm not trying to alarm anyone, especially since the shipping dates indicate otherwise, but I was always under the impression that changing your shipping address or payment method on an Amazon order essentially had the effect of pushing you to the end of the line for preorders? Has this changed?

I asked a rep that yesterday and they said that it's not true. The rep put my credit towards my order and today I get this email saying I'll get my Classic Tuesday.

Yes! Gamestop came through even though their UPS driver was an hour and a half late. Got one finally.

They received 12 and all of us in line were able to get one with just a single unit to spare.

Do you think I should change the shipping address of the other one of my order that doesn't have a delivery date?

I thought that pushed you to the end of the line.

Because the dates are going up, we're at Oct 24 now, it sounds like it pushes you to the front of the line.

Those waiting longer seem to be getting their dates as Amazon allocates the inventory/delivery date, while the ones who updated shipping addresses are getting their dates immediately.

This is all hypothetical. I've no clue what the hell is going on with this.

Not sure if you should update the shipping address on the other order. I'm not doing it to mine since I did it to my other orders in the event that this backfires for whatever reason. That way I have one waiting in the wings atleast

kahi

My Gamestop the one guy working told me they were not coming in today, he "already opened all the big boxes" I asked him to check the small boxes, low and behold, they got 6 in so I got one, there were a couple other people in the store literally just browsing waiting for the guy to process shipment box by box

Because the dates are going up, we're at Oct 24 now, it sounds like it pushes you to the front of the line.

Those waiting longer seem to be getting their dates as Amazon allocates the inventory/delivery date, while the ones who updated shipping addresses are getting their dates immediately.

This is all hypothetical. I've no clue what the hell is going on with this.

Not sure if you should update the shipping address on the other order. I'm not doing it to mine since I did it to my other orders in the event that this backfires for whatever reason. That way I have one waiting in the wings atleast
Actually I just got a delivery update email for the other one. Now one is set to deliver on the 24th and the other one is arriving on the 20th. That's good news hopefully.

So I think I'm not going to touch anything on the preorders. What do you think?

steve9842016

Neo Member
I called every GameStop in my area and none have them in stock. Crazy.

A few said they got the shipments, but won’t sell them until tomorrow. Argh

Actually I just got a delivery update email for the other one. Now one is set to deliver on the 24th and the other one is arriving on the 20th. That's good news hopefully.

So I think I'm not going to touch anything on the preorders. What do you think?

lol i'm going to take us down a notch and have to be the killjoy here.

i'm starting to think these dates are all bullshit.

Why wouldn't all of our orders be delivered on the same day, Like usual? We all ordered on the same day.
Why would the delivery window be all these different dates in the span of a week and continue to go up? Realistically they aren't getting new shipments of consoles every single day?

Some awesome luck you have.
I have no idea why he didn't just return the item for full value, or sell it for over the retail value like everyone else.
Didn't think it'd be possible for someone to lose money on a SNES classic. lol. He must be very out of the loop.

I hope you double checked the box to make sure it isn't full of rocks. :p

1. Congrats on your good luck!
  2. I'll never understand why people do this shit when they could just return it for full value paid.

Yea, I double checked it. It's straight, it was bulging a lil bit, which means he opened it.. but everything was packaged nice.

Ima pay it forward to someone who is looking and probably sell it for $60.. that way I'll make a lil and they get a discount still. But yea I was surprised as well

Not in SF. Those things were sold out if you weren't there hours before opening.

No one was walking up and just snagging one. In rural towns perhaps, but not in larger cities.

I live in New York City. Best Buy opened at 10am, and got there at 9:55am. I got one easily, and they had 30+ left when I went home.

Top Bottom