• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

DXPett1 said:
Who did you order through Sal

Yesasia, but only a couple of days ago.

YAYAYA [YAYAYAYA ?] is back. My avatar is so relevant.

gLgNC.gif
Phx5F.gif

FcK25.gif
2So8k.gif

dxbB7.gif
lk61e.gif

JcFqT.gif
B6Vm8.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
My sister is still waiting for her order. Apparently she's getting two posters: one of the group and one of Seohyun. And uh.. a case of cards? Some shit like that..

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
wing_zero8556 said:
i think shes becoming my favourite t-ara member

lol boss taeyeon doesnt talk or wave when everyone else is until the double hand wave
Yeah, favorite member behind soyeon, qri and jiyeon.. right? right?

Fafnir

Just got home and have 400 images to process, 390 of them are probably crap. Most of my Taengoo shots are not up to standard, but I have some good shots of Sooyoung and Hyo somehow =/

I'll post more after I've gotten some sleep.

pdxuG.jpg

fBVVv.jpg

Salazar

Fafnir said:
Just got home and have 400 images to process, 390 of them are probably crap. Most of my Taengoo shots are not up to standard, but I have some good shots of Sooyoung and Hyo somehow

What sorcery is this

c4tM7.gif

orangecaramel said:
Yeah, favorite member behind soyeon, qri and jiyeon.. right? right?

i dont know, theres something about eunjung that i like more =\ but then jiyeon in RM and qri are like pahpaoiwefpaeif *mind implodes*

Salazar

orangecaramel said:
she kinda resembles that dog

jsRFY.gif

vTsPC.gif

eOqVs.gif

hyo1021dbga8yt.gif

tpP9d.jpg

Yo Dice.

FmWey.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/kbs-cancels-secret-after-five-short-months

With all of the recent competition from MBC and SBS, KBS is attempting to boost viewer ratings with a new and improved Saturday program line-up. KBS program ‘SECRET‘, airing in the first half of ’Freedom Declaration Saturday‘, has been unable to achieve viewer ratings, and therefore has been cancelled after five short months. The show is soon to be replaced with a new program.

According to an insider from KBS, the replacement program for ‘SECRET’ is already in the works. The concept is supposedly an ‘animal variety show’, and they will be inviting celebrities on the show to take care of abandoned animals as well as raise rare and endangered animals on the program. The title to the new corner will most likely be titled, ‘My Pet‘.

According to staff members, the reason behind their new animal concept is that they want to raise awareness in their community. Animal safety is a new societal issue that is often neglected, and by celebrities appearing on the show to care after these animals may help increase awareness and capture the heart of citizens. As the celebrities laugh and cry raising these animals, citizens may want to take a deeper interest in abandoned and homeless animals.

On an episode of KBS2TV‘s ‘Happy Sunday – Rights of a Man‘, the cast was given a mission to care for a neglected animal, and it successfully stirred the hearts of viewers everywhere. With hopes that their new corner will have the same effect, KBS has already confirmed casting with idol groups MBLAQ and APink, and are currently approaching celebrities that have always shown their concerns for animal rights and safety

APink ! And surely Hyori, down the line.

Salazar

Moderately cogent NY Times review. More at link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/a...ups-at-madison-square-garden-review.html?_r=1

Think of the work required to make just one Justin Bieber. The production, the management, the vocal training, the choreography, the swagger coaching — all that effort to create one teen-pop star in a country that’s still starving for them. South Korea has no such drought, thanks to several companies that specialize in manufacturing a steady stream of teenage idols, in groups of various configurations. One of the longest-running of these companies is SM Entertainment, which on Sunday night hosted SM Town Live, a sold-out showcase at Madison Square Garden for several of its acts, any one of which any American reality-TV talent show or major-label A&R department worth its salt would be thrilled to have discovered.

Members of the South Korean boy group SHINee, with the aid of multicolored leather and copious amounts of hair products, added their sex appeal to the mix.
American teen-pop at its peak has never been this productive. K-pop — short for Korean pop — is an environment of relentless newness, both in participants and in style; even its veteran acts are still relatively young, and they make young music. Still, there were subtle differences among the veterans, like BoA and TVXQ, and the newer-minted acts like Super Junior, Girls’ Generation and SHINee.

Members of the younger set are less concerned with boundaries, drawing from the spectrum of pop of the last decade in their music: post-Timbaland hip-hop rumbles, trance-influenced thump, dance music driven by arena-rock guitars, straightforward balladry.

Of these groups, the relative newcomer SHINee was the most ambitious. From the looks of it, the group’s men are powered by brightly colored leather, Dr. Martens boots and hair mousse. Their music, especially “Replay,” “Ring Ding Dong” and “Juliette,” felt the riskiest, even if it only slightly tweaked that polyglot K-pop formula; these vocalists were among the night’s strongest.

But SHINee came in a recognizable format, the same size as American groups like ’N Sync and the Backstreet Boys. But what K-pop has excelled at in recent years are large groups that seem to defy logic and order. Super Junior, which at its maximum has 13 members, was one of this show’s highlights, appearing several times throughout the night in different color outfits, shining on “Mr. Simple” and the intense industrial dance-pop of “Bonamana.” (K.R.Y., a sub-group of Super Junior, delivered what may have been the night’s best performance on “Sorry Sorry Answer,” a muscular R&B ballad.)

Super Junior was complemented by the nine-woman Girls’ Generation, which offered a more polite take on K-pop, including on “The Boys,” which is its debut American single. Girls’ Generation gave perhaps the best representation of K-pop’s coy, shiny values in keeping with a chaste night that satisfied demand, but not desire. (It was an inversion on the traditional American formula; in this country young female singers are often more sexualized than their male counterparts.)

Male and female performers shared the stage here only a couple of times, rarely getting even in the ballpark of innuendo. In one set piece two lovers serenaded each other from across the stage, with microphones they found in a mailbox (he) and a purse (she). In between acts the screens showed virginal commercials about friendship and commitment to performance; during the sets they displayed fantastically colored graphics, sometimes childlike, sometimes Warholian, but never less than cheerful.

In the past few years K-pop has shown a creeping global influence. Many acts release albums in Korean and Japanese, a nod to the increasing fungibility of Asian pop. And inroads, however slight, are being made into the American marketplace. The acts here sang and lip synced in both Korean and English. Girls’ Generation recently signed with Interscope to release music in the United States. And in August Billboard inaugurated a K-Pop Hot 100 chart. But none of the acts on the SM Town Live bill are in the Top 20 of the current edition of the fast-moving chart. This is a scene that breeds quickly.

The crowd also screamed at an ad for Super Junior Shake, an iPhone game app,

smh. I hope Fafnir managed to control himself.

Alta1r

Peru said:
Lol sones taking over good morning america even though the show was not about k-pop at all
2qtegpl.jpg

Lol, now just imagine if SNSD got onto some American TV show with a live audience. There would be a Sone invasion.

Dice said:
I wonder how long I could watch that hyosung gif before I got tired of it.

Amen.
As long as you cover her face with something.

CaptYamato said:
vanty said:
At least she has a personality, not like blando Tiffany.
You just need to come clean already. Did Tiffany ignore you once when you were holding up a sign or somethin

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom