• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Amazon canceled my Fallout 4 - Pip Boy Edition Pre Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

If i said that this seller isn't me it would be better? I already did it before that post.

Well, seems like i can't prove that i'm not this guy. The purpose of this thread was to alert other posters of the possibility of orders cancellation, not to be the victim.

And just to be straight, i didn't made up this story. I even pasted the emails on OP.

Btw: Your pictures in the OP do not work for me. Shows me a broken link :(

Looks like this may be exactly what OP was trying to do... These weren't for family if OP is selling the pre-order on ebay and even advertising amazon will ship it right to their door.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-Pip-Boy-Edition-PS4-AMAZON-PRE-ORDER-/151846542540

JwCjL0K.gif

Why even deny it OP, so some people on GAF know you're scalping Fallout. If you're ashamed of it don't do it in the first place.

I'm surprised Amazon only gave you a $15 gift card though, they usually bend over backward to make things right. If you explained it's a very limited item I'd expect them to do more.

Did you try to change multiple orders to different addresses? Maybe if they caught on to what you're using them for they're less likely to compensate for the mistake?

rjinaz

Shady859

This guy.......... lol put down your shovel.

The ultimate moral of this thread is don't buy stuff you can't afford even if you plan to sell before it ships.

Edit: seriously the odds it's not him are a billion to one. Same item, same name, 1 sold now shipping change.. Also you can have Ebay location say anything and Hawaii sounds alot better than Brazil to buyers.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
They work. Do you live in Hawaii?

Anyway, going back to something you said earlier. I'm surprised these are only going for $192. That price will drop more once they actually start shipping and floods of people list them. I bet they drop down to about $160-$170 and that's only about $30-$40 over after taxes and even less after fees and shipping.

No, I live in São Paulo - Brasil

rjinaz

This guy.......... lol put down your shovel.

The ultimate moral of this thread is don't buy stuff you can't afford even if you plan to sell before it ships.

That is the reason I never do that as an ebay power seller. Sometimes I'll sell something once it ships from somewhere like Amazon, but I'll never sell something until it does. No pre-orders. I did it once and it was a nightmare. Too stressful for me to be worth it.

Jobbs

Banned
During the height of amiibo mania I remember frequently seeing people say things along the lines of "got five rosalinas preordered, three for my friends and my cousin and mom" or whatever, I always felt as though it's BS, but never said anything because what's there to say?

shanafan

From the eBay auction..

This listing is for a pre-sale of the highly-anticipated "Fallout 4 - Pip-Boy Edition" for PS4. This item is sold out and will release on Nov. The item will be available in 30 days

Scalpers love saying things like that. "This item is sold out", when most times, stock still comes in regularly after the initial launch.

I remember when the Gold Mario amiibos were announced for preorder, and they did sell out, so scalpers raced to eBay with SOLD OUT in the auction titles. But, less than a week later, maybe even a few days, the same amiibo popped up on Wal-Mart's website, and I was able to get one.

Same can be said for many special editions, etc.

Krakn3Dfx

They work. Do you live in Hawaii?

Anyway, going back to something you said earlier. I'm surprised these are only going for $192. That price will drop more once they actually start shipping and floods of people list them. I bet they drop down to about $160-$170 and that's only about $30-$40 over after taxes and even less after fees and shipping.

They were going for $500+ quick when they first sold out, Ebay couldn't pull them fast enough before of their 30 pre-order windows policy. I actually considered putting mine up for a hot minute, then I realized I would cry myself to sleep at night without that Pip-Boy.

Disclaimer to fellow Gaffers that ordered their Pip Boy editions from Amazon:

Don't try to update the order details like shipping address or your order have a chance to be cancelled

Long story, i ordered 3 units of the pip boy edition for me, my brother and a friend after E3 this year.

Today i decided to update the shipping address for my pre order. I'll be visiting my parents on 10th nov and decided to change the delivery to their address.

I logged into my amazon account, changed the address and updated the payment details. I used a credit card that doesn't have the available funds today, but would be OK after the 1st. And as amazon doesn't charge you until it ships i wasn't concerned.

After i updated the details i promptly received the email informing me that my order details were changed.
ibgF0Yc0xSkZ3f.PNG

And, to my surprise, 20 seconds later i received an email saying that my order was cancelled because they were unable to charge my credit card.
ifU7EMHkc7Hov.PNG

I'm with their support from what's going to be like one hour and all the information i got it's that they system didn't knew my order was for a item that it's not out yet, so it tried to charge me and as there's no stock available cancelled the order that i had.

They say they can't reactivate my cancelled order for security reasons and now all i have is an apology and a $15 promo code.

TL;DR: If you have an amazon pre-order for Pip Boy edition just update it if you have the available funds to pay for it right now, or you might have your order cancelled.
Maybe that's something for you. The user Lambtron is selling the PS4 Version (I dont think you mentioned for which system you pre ordered it) for $150 in the B/S/T thread. If you apply the $15 code, its "only" a $35 loss. Maybe that's something to consider if you really wanted it.

The post can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182455967&postcount=1804

Zabant

Looks like this may be exactly what OP was trying to do... These weren't for family if OP is selling the pre-order on ebay and even advertising amazon will ship it right to their door.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-Pip-Boy-Edition-PS4-AMAZON-PRE-ORDER-/151846542540

Unless somebody was using the same username on ebay and selling a pip-boy edition.

Yeah, that's not me! =]

I even found this guy listings when i searched to see how much they were going second hand.

IJnbgiT.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Maybe that's something for you. The user Lambtron is selling the PS4 Version for $150 in the B/S/T thread. If you apply the $15 code, its "only" a $35 loss. Maybe that's something to consider if you really wanted it.

Don't think that leaves enough room for much profit after fees and stuff.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That is the reason I never do that as an ebay power seller. Sometimes I'll sell something once it ships from somewhere like Amazon, but I'll never sell something until it does. No pre-orders. I did it once and it was a nightmare. Too stressful for me to be worth it.

Yeah, drop-shipping definitely has its risks.

The seller is placing a lot of control and trust in the drop-shipper's hands. That is something that I wouldn't trust amazon with when there is a high demand + low supply item.

Same thing happen to me with the Witcher 3 CE. They couldn't charge my card because it was an old card that got compromised and i totally forgot to change it.

Nugg

Nope you put your own name and put their address. You don't put parents name. But anyways..

Well I wouldn't. My name isn't on their doorbell or their mailbox and I want my package to actually get there. And I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't steal my Fallout 4 so that's ok.

rjinaz

From the eBay auction..

Scalpers love saying things like that. "This item is sold out", when most times, stock still comes in regularly after the initial launch.

I remember when the Gold Mario amiibos were announced for preorder, and they did sell out, so scalpers raced to eBay with SOLD OUT in the auction titles. But, less than a week later, maybe even a few days, the same amiibo popped up on Wal-Mart's website, and I was able to get one.

Same can be said for many special editions, etc.

Well technically they are sold out and even Pete Hines has said there will be no more. Now sure, Amazon might sell some canceled orders after release but that doesn't make that statement really less untrue and they certainly won't be easy to get regardless.

But yes, as a seller, I do use that statement though my listing are always accurate and truthful it's why I have 100 percent feedback.

I also ended up with three. I will be honest though: I sold all three on ebay once I saw the absurd price. Changed my shipping info with no problems.

The proceeds will help pay down the debt I ran up buying an engagement ring and proposing.

:)

Boke1879

Well I wouldn't. My name isn't on their doorbell or their mailbox and I want my package to actually get there. And I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't steal my Fallout 4 so that's ok.

I still think it's odd that the ebay name and the OP share the same name.

Krakn3Dfx

Best thing to do on Amazon IMO with any big ticket pre-order is immediately buy a gift card close to/over the price and put it towards the item. If they don't have to actually bill you when they ship because it's paid off, then your billing information can't be fucked up.

Zabant

Hey OP. I believe you, that isn't your Ebay account.

I would like to hear your thoughts on scalpers though, they're dicks right?

I mean, real bottom of the barrel assholes. The worst of the worst.

Quite interesting, but the OP could disprove any allegations against him by showing the cancelled order info that shows where they were being shipped. There's no need for street address, or names, just city, state and country.

rjinaz

I also ended up with three. I will be honest though: I sold all three on ebay once I saw the absurd price. Changed my shipping info with no problems.

The proceeds will help pay down the debt I ran up buying an engagement ring and proposing.

:)

What happens if one of those buyers decide to be a dick and damage the game and return it, or files a claim with paypal or some other thing because they can get it much cheaper at launch, like $170? It seems to risky to me.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Hey OP. I believe you, that isn't your Ebay account.

I would like to hear your thoughts on scalpers though, they're dicks right?

I mean, real bottom of the barrel assholes. The worst of the worst.

I will admit that i had bought things that were cheap and sold for a higher price.

Recently there was a price error on Amazon with Project Cars Digital (they sold the deluxe version for 3 bucks) that i bought two and sold one here on GAF.

I'm not against selling rare things for a higher price. I'm against straight up robbing people like the poster that said people were selling the Pip Boy edition for $500.

Jobbs

Banned
For now it's still a bunch of people trying hard to backfire a thread but we're not quite there yet. OP should bail.

The idea that the seller isn't him strains credulity. He has a right to list things on eBay, but the story (including the noble bit about him sacrificing his own copy to get the other two to his friends) really makes it funny.

same username is 0_o what are the odds of that but to be fair i dont know if that name is in a movie/anime/etc

but still 0_o

also never touch info on amazon, its not yours until it arrives in your home

What happens if one of those buyers decide to be a dick and damage the game and return it, or files a claim with paypal or some other thing because they can get it much cheaper at launch, like $170? It seems to risky to me.

I sold them to highly rated bidders, and well, if i get stuck with one I can always just play the game. Flipping things isn't something I am in the habit of doing, but at $285 - $300 a piece I couldn't walk away from the potential.

If I get burnt I can't really complain as it scalping is really shitty. I fully understand that. :)

Zabant

I will admit that i had bought things that were cheap and sold for a higher price.

Recently there was a price error on Amazon with Project Cars Digital (they sold the deluxe version for 3 bucks) that i bought two and sold one here on GAF.

I'm not against selling rare things for a higher price. I'm against straight up robbing people like the poster that said people were selling the Pip Boy edition for $500.

I see, so you have done similar things to that Ebay guy in the past?

You really should send him a message, you guys are so similar there might be cases of mistaken identity taking place. You wouldn't want that would you?

Btw, it's incredibly nice of you to have had your brother AND your friends pre-orders on your personal credit card.

I wouldn't do that for my friends or siblings, especially with such a expensive item that they might not be able to pay for when it's released.

Guess you're just a much nicer guy than me aha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom