• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...anyone NOT planning on buying any games this month/rest of the year?

AZ Greg

I really have no idea what I'm going to do. Since August I have bought:

Bioshock
Madden
Skate
Orange Box
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 3

That alone is enough for months. Then I look at what has just come out or is coming out soon and I need:

VF 5
Ratchet & Clank
COD 4
Assassins Creed
Uncharted
Mario Galaxy
Rock Band
Mass Effect

I also need to go back and grab Warhawk and Oblivion GOTY edition sometime soon.

@_@

I couldent imagine not buying anything in just November, I have too many games I planned to buy and play this month.

the 19th and 20th alone are just going to be hell on my wallet and my time.

I have to check to see how many of these games im buying are online or not, because I am going to devote my online gaming time only to TF2 and CoD4, nothing else matters.

Chromax

I wish I could stop buying games till next year...

But I can't ignore Uncharted and Fire Emblem. Maybe Mario Galaxy. Just picked up The Witcher too! :D

_Angelus_

Banned
Well like the OP,I'm also done buying games for this year.
Not that there aren't great games out there to buy but I have enough to play and I have plenty for now.

Halo3
Sega Rally Revo
PGR4
Heavenly Sword
Orange Box
MLB'07 The Show(franchise mode keeps me pleeeeeeenty busy till spring training comes around.)

I'd like to buy a few others(Conan,MassEffect,Uncharted,VF5) this year but to be honest they'd just be sitting on the shelf after a days worth of playing them,I can wait till next year for them when I'll truely enjoy them.

I'll pick 'em up off Ebay for cheap by then too.;)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm pretty patient and almost never buy games for full price, but Rock Band gives me wood.

G-Fex

For the time being yeah, GH3 and Castlevania are my last games I'm getting for a while, say few months. Goodbye Assassins Creed. :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'll grab Mario Galaxy and hopefully Endless Ocean then that's it for the year.

Still tossing the coin on Metroid Prime 3. Nothing hitting the DS (no Layton makes me sad) till next year so I'm safe in that regards wallet-wise.

I'm not getting anything this year, as i need to buy a new pc. And Christmas is coming, that's going to cost me a ton of money. :(

Red Scarlet

This may be the first year that I've only gotten re-releases or remakes of games I already have except for when I bought Dawn of Sorrow earlier this year. For games that I got/will get upon release this year (which DoS wouldn't be included), they'd all be re-releases/remakes only. So nothing completely new that was released this year.

My PS2 backlog is WAAAY too long for me to justify buying any games right now. Plus, I'm out of town for work for the month and I have plenty of stuff to keep my DS busy.

So, no.

Davidion

Really, no matter what platform you own, there's something this season to buy and love. I understand if you're being fiscally responsible, but otherwise there's just no excuse to not get something.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
i dunno... i don't think i can resist picking up that bionic commando cart this week...

g09333ulztg.jpg

and gargoyle's quest? fuck yeah.

gq.jpg

Flipside

Too many Special Editions coming out so I can't really delay the purchases :D

Getting Mario Galaxy, COD4 se, AC se and Mass Effect se in November. Delaying my PS3 purchases (Ratchet, Uncharted) to when I get my new HDTV.

Shnookums

I'm probably done buying games for several months. Quake Wars and TF2 are eating all my time, and I still haven't finished Bioshock or put much time into skate. And I haven't really dug into the the Halo 3 mp yet. Too much good gaming, too little time.

Kabouter

Davidion said:
Really, no matter what platform you own, there's something this season to buy and love. I understand if you're being fiscally responsible, but otherwise there's just no excuse to not get something.
It's more an issue of time than anything else :p
I've got enough to play for now, would be ridiculous to buy something else.

Kuroyume

Banned
I might be on that boat since I'm spending a load of cash this month importing a few albums from Japan. I still haven't purchased Orange Box, even though I had planned to do so at launch. I may as well wait until a price drop now. I was thinking of renting it at Blockbuster, but it seems that my card has expired or something.

I still have a few achievements to go in HALO 3. I haven't really fooled around with Forge yet. I'm looking forward to the DLC. I'm enjoying the multiplayer, even though there are some design choices that annoy the shit out of me. HALO 3 will keep me entertained for a while (i.e years).

Two games I really want down the line:

Orange Box
Lost Odyssey

haircut

i'll probably get Mass Effect and Beautiful Katamari sometime before the year is out. Also The Incredible Machine if it actually gets rereleased this year (as scheduled) on XBLA, but that seems doubtful.

McLovin

Mirimar said:
Trading in Halo 3 for COD4. Finally realized how tired of it I was after playing a few rounds of Team Fortress. Orange Box and COD4 should keep me busy until Uncharted gets out. Not sure about Mass Effect anymore since I just picked up my PS3...have to work out a whole new budget for games =(

Could you take a camera with you? I want to see the look on the gamestop employee's face when you say you want to trade in H3 for COD4 :lol COD4 is gonna be awesome though.. I plan to pick up the ps3 version.

MoxManiac

I'll probably get Mario Galaxy and maybe RE4 Wii and some more VC games, now that I have a Wii. The rest (uncharted, assassin's creed, etc) will be gamefly'd.

lexy

I'm not the most proactive gamer. I don't know exactly what is coming out between now and the end of the year but I'll at least be getting Trauma Center and Super Mario Galaxy so no.

Maggot9

Banned
Haven't bought a game since Rainbow Six Vegas. I don't plan on buying another game, except Silent Hill Origins. I'll ask for a few for Christmas though.

probune

I don't think I will, mainly because I don't own any next gen consoles yet, but there's a small, small chance that I will get some games with a next gen console during the holidays.

2DMention

Banned
Nothing really eye-popping coming out. About all I'm psyched for is Smash Bros. Brawl and maybe Rock Band if single-player and online are decent.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I am seeing entirely too little NiGHTS in this thread for my liking.

If you value your cherished pet's life (yes, I've got your cherished pet here with me, I kidnapped them all earlier), you'll pencil NiGHTS in somehow.

It's almost sure I'll buy it, but it's released in december. I only mentioned games that I was planning to buy for this month.

Oh man, Not for the year... but until Brawl comes out (besides, theres a tight money situation here)... So my selected purchases are:

- Drawn to Life (DS)
- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
- Super Mario 64 2
- FFXI : Wings of the Goddess
- Smash Bros Brawl

That will keep me at hand.

the_id

Pre ordered Guitar hero III, Call of Duty 4 and R&C. Then going to get AC and Uncharted. Then thats it from me. NO MORE.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
COD4, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, GT5 Prologue.

Maybe Ferrari Challenge and Timeshift too. Orange Box PS3 possibly, but I only want Portal.

aechris

Forgotten Ancient said:
now that I got WoW again...

I probably will hold out on everything not named Fire Emblem or Dragon Quest

This is so incredibly true. I never saved so much money on games as I did when I was playing WoW.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
aechris said:
This is so incredibly true. I never saved so much money on games as I did when I was playing WoW.
I hate to admit it but its fucking true.

Once you're loving playing WoW there is nothing compared to it. But once it gets boring again jesus tits you spend a lot of money all at once :(((

Grecco

Picking up for sure COD4 and SMG.... After that its a toss up. Probably Mass Effect, DBZ Budokai 3, RE UC and Nights 2

vumpler said:
I hate to admit it but its fucking true.

Once you're loving playing WoW there is nothing compared to it. But once it gets boring again jesus tits you spend a lot of money all at once :(((

lol, so true. Quitting WoW earlier this year lead me to disappointments such as Hotel Dusk, Mega Man ZX, and a Nintendo Wii.

Luckily the Wii no longer disappoints, but now I'm too far into WoW again that I'm hardly noticing. If I didn't buy 6 months all at once, I would re-think my position. :lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Anyone not interested in any of the dozens of awesome titles either out or coming out this quarter (and is not handicapped by a severely financial restriction) really needs to take up another hobby.

2007 is as good as it gets for gaming.

Top Bottom