• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Cyberpunk 2077 does not have a toggle option for Quality/Performance on the PS5

• Thread starter Deleted member 801069
  • Start date

the_master

I really want to know which version plays better on a 1080p display, so that I can play that. A bit late to know already!

AmuroChan

I heard on NG+ that the toggle is also available if you play the game on the One X. So naturally the Series X would have that option running BC.

Stuart360

Man the console graphics dont actually look that bad in those vids, but where are all the pedestrians?, especially when driving. Inst Night City supposed to be over populated?.
I hope npc density is much higher on PC.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Man the console graphics dont actually look that bad in those vids, but where are all the pedestrians?, especially when driving. Inst Night City supposed to be over populated?.
I hope npc density is much higher on PC.
It’s confirmed to be adjustable on PC

idk if it is on console

THEAP99

Banned
EowTdsKXIAUVTvz

New update apparently

DavidGzz

That thread won't be really relevant. Both are not even being natively played on the new consoles, just backward compat.

Also, I would not expect any comparison videos tomorrow since CD RED did not send out review codes for console versions.

If its months down the road it sure is relevant. I'll be done with the game and so will millions of others. The patched version will be relevant to those who waited or who aren't able to get a next gen console until next year some time. The game should have been delayed till next year with all of these bugs and no next gen version to be honest.

Do we know what the day one advantages are or do we need to wait for DF etc.

Think I might wait for next gen patch next year, will likely also fix alot of the bugs.

I believe CDPR just said something along the lines of it running or looking better on ps5 vs ps4 with a day one patch. Will probably be 60 fps on ps5, 30 fps on PS4. Other ps4 games have gotten fps bumps on ps5 so it’s possible.

DonJorginho

Banned
Do we know what the day one advantages are or do we need to wait for DF etc.

Think I might wait for next gen patch next year, will likely also fix alot of the bugs.
As it stands:

• Stable 60 FPS on PS5 vs 20-30fps galore on PS4.
• Less LOD/Streaming issues due to the SSD
• Faster load times
• Potentially higher resolutions if using a dynamic Res but it's likely just the same or the highest PS4 Pro resolution with 60FPS slapped on it.
• Your console won't sound like a jet engine like the PS4 will.

Antelope

I’m not sure what the point is of all this secrecy on CD Project’s part. I cancelled my preorder based on that and the bug reports. I will wait a few months or more for a proper PS5 version, but I would have happily played on day 1 if they were a little more transparent. Seems like this game is coming in red hot.

Roni

Gold Member
Hypothetical question here:

If either Sony or Microsoft used a Nvidia based chip instead of AMD, what would be the chances of it getting a RTX mode Day 1?
not worth it, nvidia fumbles standards and generally works brute force. amd works standards.

it could make console games even less stable. amd's stability and standard adherence makes the heads more comfortable.

As it stands:

• Stable 60 FPS on PS5 vs 20-30fps galore on PS4.
• Less LOD/Streaming issues due to the SSD
• Faster load times
• Potentially higher resolutions if using a dynamic Res but it's likely just the same or the highest PS4 Pro resolution with 60FPS slapped on it.
• Your console won't sound like a jet engine like the PS4 will.

so we know that we don’t actually know what resolution it uses on PS5

RowdyReverb

All the more reason to hold off until the PS5 version releases. I’m anticipating a very unfinished game at launch. Remember how much The Witcher 3 improved after a few patches?

DonJorginho

Banned
Do you know the resolution on Series X quality mode?
Not off the top of my head, but it was higher than the PS5 pixel count, definitely around/over 1440p. this is likely down to the way Xbox handles their BC titles, Sony are lagging behind and whilst the difference between the two isn't huge, it's there all the same.

DonJorginho

Banned
It will make you cry
I second this, slideshow with pop-in galore to match.

If you don't own a PS5, PC, XSX/SS or maybe if you're on the wild side a One X, you should just wait till you can get one, base last gen consoles run like utter shite.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Like I said, I wasn't sure if Sony had implemented gen 9 aware BC yet. Mainly because there's been at least two games (CoD and Rocket League) where only the Xbox version got 120fps support via BC.

I'm also not "sure" and It's possible they can't detect PS5; but I'd find it pretty odd.

The SDK was updated to include references to PS5 earlier this year; but other than that there's just very real little info out there. But I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do that from the SDK. I don't think lack of 120FPS is proof of that, but it is an interesting thought.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Lethal01

Why do people care that PS5 hasn't got a 30fps mode? I want to play Cyberpunk as a game not a slideshow.

The resolution bump in quality is only small from what I've heard on r/xboxseriesx so it doesn't matter.

60fps should be the default, and probably just means that the PS5 will have the best of both worlds.

Many people don't see 30fps as a slideshow and notice graphical quality more than framerate when actually playing the game

Moogle11

Banned
Annoying that it's this close to launch and we still don't have reviews or comparisons of the console versions. I need some to decide whether to grab on PS5, XSX or wait for more patches if they both run bad. That said, should be plenty of impressions by Friday afternoon and I wouldn't be able to really dig into this until Friday night or Saturday morning anyway. So if nothing else I can read user feedback here and other places and then buy on what ever console and get downloaded and updated to play this weekend.

sendit

Annoying that it's this close to launch and we still don't have reviews or comparisons of the console versions. I need some to decide whether to grab on PS5, XSX or wait for more patches if they both run bad. That said, should be plenty of impressions by Friday afternoon and I wouldn't be able to really dig into this until Friday night or Saturday morning anyway. So if nothing else I can read user feedback here and other places and then buy on what ever console and get downloaded and updated to play this weekend.

Regardless of what console you get this on. They will share similar performance metrics (PS5:XSX). One version may have a cunt hair more FPS/Resolution, but who really cares? The gap between the two consoles is minuscule, as we've seen in past comparison videos.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I just downloaded cyberpunk it's 101GB wtf! Can't wait to play it though hopefully worth it
I guess the "smart delivery" is more than just a PR, it's almost half on the XSX, I guess it also just downloads language pack which you have set in Dashboard. But it's weird I remember language packs being DLC with The Witcher 3 on PS4...

Top Bottom