• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Far Cry 4 has the greatest 'easter egg' of all time *MAJOR SPOILERS*

StarVigil

BO8yawz.gif

Love this!

Denton

Just watched this, really cool. I wish this was the canon ending :)

In fact, if only they went through the effort and let you continue - talk it out with Min, join him...and if felt like it, help him eradicate the resistance. How cool would that be dammit.

Oh and Panjabi MC in credits...so awesome. Haven't heard that in years. Just watched the video, the black guy with a cigar always cracks me up. Enjoying himself so much :)

To be honest this video just made me way more interested in Far Cry 4 than I would have ever been. I hadn't even thought about getting the game, but this was clever enough to make me want to look into it.

I guess I'm a puppet to Ubisoft.

Haunted

Speed runners are gonna love this!
They'll hate it since everyone will have the same damn time! :D

yeah... gamespot desperate for clicks
shitty thing to spoil
KuGsj.gif

I don't even know how warped your view must be to come to this sort of conclusion. Can't really have more spoiler warnings than this.

DAMN! I am so tempted to read the spoiler, but I want to hold back and be surprised.

Is it possible to miss this in the game?
You'll miss it 100%.

Lijik

Wario Land 2 did a similar thing where
your first objective is to wake up and turn off an alarm clock so Wario can save his castle from a pirate invasion. If you stay asleep for a few minutes the invasion happens without a hitch,the pirates kick Wario out, and you go down an alternate set of levels where you have to take Warios castle back and you skip the main quest.

hao chi

I saw it years ago and I'm not even entirely sure which genre or system the game is on (pretty sure it's a JRPG though, and probably on PS1), but I remember seeing another game do something very similar. Basically, at the beginning of the game you can choose to not start your quest, and a sad sounding song plays while text boxes describe all the things you didn't do because you never started your quest, and the protagonist just lived a boring and normal life.

If anybody knows which game I'm talking about, I'd love to know, but my description is kind of vague so I'm not too optimistic that'll happen.

Alienous

I saw it years ago and I'm not even entirely sure which genre or system the game is on (pretty sure it's a JRPG though, and probably on PS1), but I remember seeing another game do something very similar. Basically, at the beginning of the game you can choose to not start your quest, and a sad sounding song plays while text boxes describe all the things you didn't do because you never started your quest, and the protagonist just lived a boring and normal life.

If anybody knows which game I'm talking about, I'd love to know, but my description is kind of vague so I'm not too optimistic that'll happen.

Metal Saga?

It was mentioned in this thread a few pages back.

SgtCobra

That was really clever, another game who had an option to end the game way earlier than intended was Rayman 2.
After defeating Jano he tells you if you want to go for all his gold. If you choose for "yes" you'll end up fat, lonely and rich on a small island in the middle of nowhere and the game ends there.

Sami+

Just watched this, really cool. I wish this was the canon ending :)

In fact, if only they went through the effort and let you continue - talk it out with Min, join him...and if felt like it, help him eradicate the resistance. How cool would that be dammit.

Oh and Panjabi MC in credits...so awesome. Haven't heard that in years. Just watched the video, the black guy with a cigar always cracks me up. Enjoying himself so much :)

Panjabi MC is in this!?

Fiktion

Banned
Suikoden II had an ending where you could just walk away from your army and all your responsibilities and live a quiet life in the woods.

trinest

I'll ask the question on everyones mind.

Do you get an achievement for this?

As in now its been leaked, should we do this anyway?

Alfredo

Just watched this. Really cool! It's even better that it's not just an abrupt "The End." You apparently learn huge plot details that I imagine would only be revealed to you slowly over the course of the normal game.

It would be pretty funny if someone encountered this ending by accident.

HOLY SHIT.

This alone might make me buy the game so I can just do this and remove it from my backlog ASAP. Here's hoping it turns out to be the "Canon Ending".

I kinda did it by accident. It was rather hilarious.

I started the game and watched the cutscene for a bit. After a while I thought "yeah yeah, setting up the bad guy, already seen it in the trailers" and it kept going, so I thought I'd go make a cup of tea and found myself side tracked for about 20 minutes. When I came back to the game
I was in the room with my mothers ashes ready to be put aside Min's daughters (didn't know at the time). I thought it was just the start of the game. So I did it, Min said "Let's have some fun" then the credits rolled.
I was pretty confused for a minute.

Top Bottom