• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, have any thoughts on the new Sportscenter in HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't like the new look/graphics. I don't have HDTV, but those things bug me.

And they've got Michael Irvin on now, so they lose some more points :p

edit: They've got Michael Irvin trying to say that if Barry Sanders did touchdown dances then his team would have been better. I hate this new Sportscenter!

impirius

The show's intro doesn't flow as well as it did with the last.. set of.. stuff. The new colors and chyrons are nice, but they had the intro down pat before.

impirius said:
The show's intro doesn't flow as well as it did with the last.. set of.. stuff. The new colors and chyrons are nice, but they had the intro down pat before.

I agree, it seems like they're still trying to find the right flow to the open.

What's really making it awkward is the 2 anchor stand up tease, and then going to the open....full of teases. Drop the first tease!

Cooper

Ah, I can post. Thanks mods. :)

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the HD SportsCenter update. I'm sure they'll improve over time as they learn the setup. I'm also really glad they stopped stretching the regular events. That looked pretty nasty. :p

Cooper

Chairman85 said:
Why doesn't Time Warner have ESPN HD?

Same reason most things (don't) happen in business - money. ESPN/Disney wants providers to pay an additional fee to carry ESPN HD. They feel the technology was an expensive investment and needs extra compensation. TWC thinks it should be part of the ESPN tier they already pay for. Hopefully they'll work something out, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

Wolfy said:
Stu Scott should be the only person allowed at ESPN.

Are you serious? This babbling moron with his funky suits and cross eyed stares can jump off a cliff for all I care. He's by far the WORST anchor at ESPN. I loathe watching any broadcast with this dufus behind the desk.

Cooper

Chairman85 said:
I've been very disappointed with TWC's HD offerings as of yet.

Really? I was under the impression they offered most of the HD channels with the exception of ESPN. You guys even get TNT-not-really-HD, right? :p

Chairman85

Current True HDTV offerings for my area
Ch. 701 HBO*
Ch. 702 CBS
Ch. 703 Showtime*
Ch. 704 NBC
Ch. 706 Discovery HD Theater
Ch. 707 ABC
Ch. 713 Thirteen

XS+

Banned
HalfPastNoon said:
Are you serious? This babbling moron with his funky suits and cross eyed stares can jump off a cliff for all I care. He's by far the WORST anchor at ESPN. I loathe watching any broadcast with this dufus behind the desk.
s_scott.jpg

Don't hate duh player patna, hate duh game! BOO YOW!

theo

Contest Winner
i wish HDTV's would drop in price...

but i'm hearing thats not likely for at least another 18 months

Cooper

theo said:
i wish HDTV's would drop in price...

but i'm hearing thats not likely for at least another 18 months

I don't quite understand. Prices are pretty broad depending on size and technology, and HDTVs on the market now are cheaper than they were even 1 year ago. Yes, in 18 months, TVs will be even cheaper, but this process has been going on for a while.

Cooper

Chairman85 said:
Current True HDTV offerings for my area
Ch. 701 HBO*
Ch. 702 CBS
Ch. 703 Showtime*
Ch. 704 NBC
Ch. 706 Discovery HD Theater
Ch. 707 ABC
Ch. 713 Thirteen

Yeah, that isn't the most impressive selection. It's too bad cable coverage is so region dependant, even with the same provider. I would have thought you'd at least get the INHD channels.

I'd like to chime in once again and say after a rough couple of SCs in the new digs, they seem to be finding their flow once again.

And for those scoring at home. my HD selection goes:
local ABC channel
local CBS channel
PBS
ESPN
Discovery (which you need to pay extra for, so I don't have it)
INHD
INHD2
HBO
Showtime (don't have this one either)

pixelated

Houston Time Warner

INHD
INHD2
ABC
ABC 2
NBC
FOX
TNT HD
CBS
PBS
Discovery
HBO
Showtime

I wish they had ESPN HD too, I wanna see my baseball games in HD. INHD shows some baseball in HD, saw the D'backs vs Baltimore the other night and it was beautiful...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I Just got espn HD as we speak, the signal is a little rough right now, but I am just happy that I finally have espn HD, I was upset i wasnt going to be able to see what sportscenter looked like but now i can when it catches on for good..... Oh and I am on IO tv in Jersey through cablevision.......
smile.gif

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Joe said:
did cablevision JUST add espn hd to iO? i know they never used to have it...

I mean they JUST added it....

my cable was acting up most of the night.... I was pissed, then i find out they were updating the channels and adding espn hd, now I am hoping for abcHD for the FINALS...

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
TW in Cincinnati is great:

ABC in HD
NBC in HD
CBS in HD
TNTHD
Discovery HD Theater
1 or 2 PBS channels in HD
InHD1
InHD2
HDNet