• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

Oh I checked, but I already used a couple trials earlier on my account. I could've made a new one I guess, but I have $125 in credit already tied to my current one.

Monthly Prime price is like $10. I would think worth it if people still can't find a Switch.

When I signed up for a free Prime trial to buy my Switch last Friday, it was like the 4th free trial I've done on my Amazon account. Not sure what their end goal is with giving me free trials over and over...

Daouzin

Walked into a Best Buy that a friend reported had Switches available.

Online it said sold out, but I just walked in and grabbed one.

They had like 10 left.

Seems like they are making some stores carry a few that are only available for pick up.

For anyone that cares: Chandler AZ, Chandler Mall Best Buy.

Monthly Prime price is like $10. I would think worth it if people still can't find a Switch.

When I signed up for a free Prime trial to buy my Switch last Friday, it was like the 4th free trial I've done on my Amazon account. Not sure what their end goal is with giving me free trials over and over...

I was thinking about doing that but I'm cheap lol.

While I do want a Switch, I'm perfectly okay with waiting. Also, it's been a lot less stressful since I've only been looking at Amazon as opposed to everywhere else + Amazon and having no luck. But hopefully another free trial will roll around again...

heringer

Anyone still having trouble to find a Switch? Seems like demand is being met and we're not going to end up with a Wii or PS4 situation.

Anyone still having trouble to find a Switch? Seems like demand is being met and we're not going to end up with a Wii or PS4 situation.

With the exception of Walmart, there isn't even a spot for them at any of the other bigbox stores I have visited. It's like they don't even plan on stocking them.

Finding a switch has has been much more trying than it was for PS4. I pre-ordered one but it took until this week for my brother to finally be able to find one. And Wii was a class of its own. It was difficult to find for a full year.

heringer

Finding a switch has has been much more trying than it was for PS4. I pre-ordered one but it took until this week for my brother to finally be able to find one. And Wii was a class of its own. It was difficult to find for a full year.

Yeah, but the point is that this week you managed to find one. That's not even a full month after release.

I don't live in US so I couldn't say for sure, but I've read many times that PS4 had stock issues for months.

Yeah, but the point is that this week you managed to find one. That's not even a full month after release.

I don't live in US so I couldn't say for sure, but I've read many times that PS4 had stock issues for months.

Depends on where you live, stores around me have had very limited restocks and we get calls daily for Switch.

sjboi

Here in Philly/south jersey it is still hard to get. I checked istocknow this morning and quite a few stores seemed to get shipment today, but by the time I left my apartment and called around (12pm), they were all sold out. A GameStop employee told me a location in Hamilton still had stock, but I figured it would sell out in the 45 minutes it would take for me to get there, so I didn't bother.

Majmun

Ps4 released nov 2013

I could finally buy one in stores march 2014

Netherlands

Vena

Not sure why you're trying to compare a launch in the holiday season to a launch in March. There is little reason to try and find equivalence here.

It's also all regional, making the comparison all the more meaningless.

My roommate has been searching in Chicagoland and been unable to ever grab stock for instance, yet Florida seems to have a surplus. European markets have stock, Japan is stripped clean. Etc.

heringer

Not sure why you're trying to compare a launch in the holiday season to a launch in March. There is little reason to try and find equivalence here.

It's also all regional, making the comparison all the more meaningless.

I'm just saying that maybe we won't have to wait months until we can reliably get one in a store, which is in my interest since I'm goint to US in the end of April. The season is irrelevant to what I'm saying. Are you being defensive or something? Because the season is only relevant if you are concerned about the sales numbers, which isn't my point at all.

Amazon pushed back my pro controller delivery to the 5th. Any chance they'd kick me a $10 credit or something? I wasn't really too committed to spending the $75 as is and this is making me second guess it some more.

The Best Buy I work at got a batch in yesterday (not sure how many). Over 24 hours later we still had a couple sitting on the shelf as of this afternoon. Might be worth checking around Best Buys again.

beclause

Neo Member
Just bought the grey one from Amazon.ca. With free same-day delivery, i'll have it tomorrow.

Ok. So what's the best way to get Zelda? Should I buy the cartridge? Should I buy it online?

Can I buy it online before I have my Switch? This is my first Nintendo console and I don't have an online account. Some help would be appreciated.

Laekon

The Best Buy I work at got a batch in yesterday (not sure how many). Over 24 hours later we still had a couple sitting on the shelf as of this afternoon. Might be worth checking around Best Buys again.

I don't get why their site doesn't show anything about inventory. It just shows a sold out button and doesn't even let you check stores.

If you are in Bay Area, the best buy in Union City has few in stock. I called them up seeing some post above and surprise - they have a few. If you are taking 880N traffic sucks but good luck. I am new proud owner of Switch.

-Horizon-

Of course amazon restocks on thursday. And of course I work on thursdays.

I only even knew about it because I got an email from that instocknow or whatever site.

Gonna have to keep on waiting until supply outstrips scalpers being able to buy them in bulk.

Menitta

My GameStop somehow messed up both mine and my sister's bundle. It's easily fixable but oh my god why is it so hard to get this thing!?

ParityBit

So since I failed at getting a switch, I did get some of the other pieces I would need. What about a case? What are people getting?

brerwolfe

Of course amazon restocks on thursday. And of course I work on thursdays.

I only even knew about it because I got an email from that instocknow or whatever site.

Gonna have to keep on waiting until supply outstrips scalpers being able to buy them in bulk.
I work for the PGA Tour, got the instocknow message and ordered from the middle of a fairway while carrying a camera on my shoulder hahaha

Ottaro

Does anyone know if Nintendo NY carries any cases for the switch? Anyone hunting for switches there happen to see anything like that?

Nick

I cracked and got the neon Switch from Amazon Prime. I had one pre-ordered when they first went live months ago on Amazon but cancelled it a few weeks before launch. Is there any chance my Switch console won't have the joycon issue?

Tubie

I cracked and got the neon Switch from Amazon Prime. I had one pre-ordered when they first went live months ago on Amazon but cancelled it a few weeks before launch. Is there any chance my Switch console won't have the joycon issue?

Most Joycons don't have the issue.

You should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom