• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleDash

Neo Member
Man. I've got like 400 bucks in GameStop credit so I have to buy it there. But it seems like every place (Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon) is starting to get stock except them. NYC stores have no idea when they might get more.

Koji, good that you bounced back from an impulse purchase, but I believe you shouldnt
have that photo of the target worker unless they said it was ok or you blur the face.

Man. I've got like 400 bucks in GameStop credit so I have to buy it there. But it seems like every place (Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon) is starting to get stock except them. NYC stores have no idea when they might get more.

Can't you buy something for $400( a Ps4PRO maybe?) and then return it for cash?

Tekniqs

was able to grab one at walmart earlier today. Seems like the local walmarts have been restocking sporadically since release

Walked into the King of Prussia (Philly suburbs) Best Buy and picked up a Switch today. It was the only one available and had to be grabbed from the stockroom.

DoubleDash

Neo Member
Can't you buy something for $400( a Ps4PRO maybe?) and then return it for cash?

I guess I could probably do something like that. But if I just use the credit at GameStop I don't have to pay NY taxes on it. So Itd be like losing $30 to get cash back instead. Although, I might give up in another week or 2, if it's still impossible to get from them.

Either way definitely avoiding trading stuff in with them again.

Kill3r7

Maybe middle of April. Inventory will improve for sure. That said, I ended up ordering on from Amazon.

Pocks

Is anyone getting delivery today (Saturday) from Amazon?

When I ordered it originally said arriving Saturday, so I immediately changed to 1-day. It now shows arriving Monday. Might ask for my money back on the 1-day shipping.

Malus

I guess I could probably do something like that. But if I just use the credit at GameStop I don't have to pay NY taxes on it. So Itd be like losing $30 to get cash back instead. Although, I might give up in another week or 2, if it's still impossible to get from them.

Either way definitely avoiding trading stuff in with them again.

I doubt they'd let you do something like that anyways or else what's the point of Gamestop offering more trade credit than cash in exchanges.

F34R

So... someone at my local wal mart pre-ordered THREE of them, and never came to pick them up. So, they had to wait 30 days before they could put them on the shelf. Well, that was today. I got there 30 mins before opening. Patiently waited in the electronics section for the employee to make their way to it.

When she asked what I needed help with, I explained the situation. She said they don't have them. I checked with an employee last night, and they were still in the security room.

I have been checking twice a day, since Mar 4.

She came back and said she found them. She asked which one I wanted, and I told her al three lol. She said they can't sell blue items for more than one per person. I said that one person pre-ordered all three. /shrugs She said she would call a manager and clarify that.

After three calls to management, and no replies, she said "F" it. Sold me all three.

Two grey and one neon. :) Just after she handed me the receipt, the manager arrived. He asked what she needed, and she explained. He said, "no, it's one per customer". I walked away with all three.

IMG_1695.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
So... someone at my local wal mart pre-ordered THREE of them, and never came to pick them up. So, they had to wait 30 days before they could put them on the shelf. Well, that was today. I got there 30 mins before opening. Patiently waited in the electronics section for the employee to make their way to it.

When she asked what I needed help with, I explained the situation. She said they don't have them. I checked with an employee last night, and they were still in the security room.

I have been checking twice a day, since Mar 4.

She came back and said she found them. She asked which one I wanted, and I told her al three lol. She said they can't sell blue items for more than one per person. I said that one person pre-ordered all three. /shrugs She said she would call a manager and clarify that.

After three calls to management, and no replies, she said "F" it. Sold me all three.

Two grey and one neon. :) Just after she handed me the receipt, the manager arrived. He asked what she needed, and she explained. He said, "no, it's one per customer". I walked away with all three.

IMG_1695.jpg

what are you doing with those 2 you don't need??

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
amazon uk won't have any switch in stock until the 14th april :( and they won't deliver mine until the 18th. i can't really go anywhere else since i used gift balance to pay for it. i'll just patiently wait.

Everyone I know who wants one has one.

If you are trying to buy from a specific place instead.of the first place you see one, you may have trouble....

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Everyone I know who wants one has one.

If you are trying to buy from a specific place instead.of the first place you see one, you may have trouble....

yeah...but i kinda need to buy it from amazon since i have money on my account. it would cost me more money to go elsewhere.

Even though I got one a while back I kept my iStockNow notifications and they're popping for me all the time. Hope this means more people are able to get their hands on them!

MOG728

Ordered mine on Thursday through Amazon. Says it would deliver today still but still says "Shipping Soon" when I check the order

Should I expect it today or is it more likely that I'll get an update soon saying it's been delayed?

Drewfonse

Same. I just ended up getting a bundle for $450, and selling Snipperclips and 1-2 on ebay. I should have my Switch and Zelda on TUES.

Falchion

So I'm conflicted. Target's website is showing limited quantities of the gray Switch in Stock and the Best Buy near me has the pro controller and Zelda..... but I really want the neon one. Trying to decide if 2 little joycons are worth waiting for since I'll be using the pro controller anyways.

Every time I see this thread I want to get a Switch and I really shouldn't.

I justified it as I hate backlog and it's nice to feel like I can take my time at this point in its life. Also, it's a fun thing to show people. Other consoles are pretty utilitarian.

Falchion

A bunch of my local Targets got in a limited stock of Switches this morning (seems like 3 each) so I grabbed one with Zelda and then went over to Best Buy which had the pro controllers in stock so now I'm good to go.

So I'm conflicted. Target's website is showing limited quantities of the gray Switch in Stock and the Best Buy near me has the pro controller and Zelda..... but I really want the neon one. Trying to decide if 2 little joycons are worth waiting for since I'll be using the pro controller anyways.

Nintendo is only going to make cooler looking Joycons in the future - it's inevitable. If you want a Switch, I would just get the gray instead of trying to battle bots and early morning lines for a neon. The neon set is cool but I know Nintendo is going to make nicer looking ones eventually anyway.

Protip: Gamestop sells "Amazon Kindle" gift cards which are just ordinary Amazon gift cards. I've personally used credit to purchase them before.

Did anyone who order a neon from amazon have their order shipped?

Please delay my order again so i can swat away the prime extension offer and get a $5 or $10 credit.

edit: Just saw my local walmart jump from 8 to 20 gray(Norwalk CT)

and they have a couple of neons. Would have liked to avoid those launch units but damn it i'm out!

Persona7

Banned
Did anyone who order a neon from amazon have their order shipped?

Please delay my order again so i can swat away the prime extension offer and get a $5 or $10 credit.

edit: Just saw my local walmart jump from 8 to 20 gray(Norwalk CT)

and they have a couple of neons. Would have liked to avoid those launch units but damn it i'm out!

My friends was shipped yesterday and has been sitting in the local UPS warehouse since last night. Delivery on monday.

ecierif

Protip: Gamestop sells "Amazon Kindle" gift cards which are just ordinary Amazon gift cards. I've personally used credit to purchase them before.
Have you done that recently? I heard seceral sources say they stopped selling them last year, or at least stopped letting people buy them with credit. I tried sometime last year and think I unable to either find them or purchase them with credit.

Ricker

I could of bought one yesterday,was certainly tempted but with a PS4 and X1 already and especially with all the great games so far this year and my backlog,I decided to wait...in the Montreal area by the way so it seems they are not selling out that fast anymore(he had 3 in stock).

Persona7

Banned

They have not sold these cards for quite a while. A year or two. Most stores cut this off within weeks of it becoming available and others a few months at most before it was shut down by corporate.

DoubleDash

Neo Member
They have not sold these cards for quite a while. A year or two. Most stores cut this off within weeks of it becoming available and others a few months at most before it was shut down by corporate.

Stopped by a store this morning just to check again for a switch. No luck. Didn't see kindle gift cards either. But they did have $100 American Express gift credit cards. Maybe I can buy 4 of those if I get tired of waiting. But I'd still be losing 40 bucks or so after taxes/activation fees so I probably won't do it.

I'm just getting tired/annoyed of watching istocknow and seeing every other store except GameStop getting switches in.

At this point I gave up actively looking for switches. Not willing to go but from shady Craigslist scalpers. I will keep playing Zelda on the wiiu. I'll just wait for a bundle this fall.

I am so very, very angry. A nearby Walmart had ten units and I was tenth in line. The guy in front of me says "lemme have two please, one for me and my son," and for whatever reason, they decide to sell them to him. Despite the policy being "one per customer," they ignored my protest and I was the only person not walking out with one. Then the guy has the gall to walk up to me with the two Switches and ask me if I'd be willing to buy one for five hundred dollars.

Fuck you scalpers, and fuck you Walmart for funneling them into their hands. Made complaints to their manager, who agreed that it was the incorrect decision, and filed complaints to every customer service email on the website.

bumpkin

I am so very, very angry. A nearby Walmart had ten units and I was tenth in line. The guy in front of me says "lemme have two please, one for me and my son," and for whatever reason, they decide to sell them to him. Despite the policy being "one per customer," they ignored my protest and I was the only person not walking out with one. Then the guy has the gall to walk up to me with the two Switches and ask me if I'd be willing to buy one for five hundred dollars.

Fuck you scalpers, and fuck you Walmart for funneling them into their hands. Made complaints to their manager, who agreed that it was the incorrect decision, and filed complaints to every customer service email on the website.
What a colossal asshole. It should be okay to punch people in the face who do that shit.

PSFan

What a colossal asshole. It should be okay to punch people in the face who do that shit.

I would have, no joke. I fucking hate scalpers, and if one did that to me, where I could have had one, I would lose my shit and beat the ever loving crap out of him. Don't care if I get arrested.

Persona7

Banned
Stopped by a store this morning just to check again for a switch. No luck. Didn't see kindle gift cards either. But they did have $100 American Express gift credit cards. Maybe I can buy 4 of those if I get tired of waiting. But I'd still be losing 40 bucks or so after taxes/activation fees so I probably won't do it.

I'm just getting tired/annoyed of watching istocknow and seeing every other store except GameStop getting switches in.

You can't buy those with credit either. I think they cut everything off except for credit related to gaming services and a few fast food gift cards.

-Horizon-

Gross. That really sucks you had to go through that at all. Scalpers are the worst.

RedFox85

I want it on Amazon since I have Amazon points. i.e. I will just get it for "free"

I assume you mean from your prime visa or Amazon visa if so let me school you on these "points". Don't just assume that you need to buy it on Amazon to use the points instead buy it ANYWHERE you want log into your account later and redeem your current point balance for cash on your bill.

The top reason to always spend points in this fashion is you will get double return on them. If I use the points on Amazon for instance then they are gone and I don't earn the points from that particular purchase. If I buy the item without using my points however I then get MORE points from that purchase PLUS I can just redeem points on my account later covering the balance.

Hope that helps :p

Looks like stock is starting to catch up slowly based on this thread. Hopefully they have enough stock to keep on shelves when Mario Kart hits.

That's pretty fucked up of the Walmart employee to sell him two. I imagine they knew you were also waiting to get one? I'd have reported them to a manager in that case. Super fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom