• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a Neon from ShopTo (UK). I got up at 4am cos I had an early night, saw I'd been paid and I'd been planning on a 3DS (but they're really overpriced and not far from a Switch after you add a game).

So I googled all of 5 mins and it's arriving tomorrow lol.

I had GameStop funds so I had to order there. They can't tell me nothing. It's been five days now. I called them up today and they are saying, we don't know when we will get a shipment until the shipment arrives in the store that day, Nintendo does it that way.

Is this true? What a fucking joke. Nintendo can't even provide a time frame?

Zedark

I don't know if people from other EU countries (and US too) can buy from Consoplanet.it but, as a proof of good amount of Switch available in PAL regions...

https://www.consoleplanet.it/nintendo-switch-neon.html

Neon Model for 309.00€

Not sure if that proves that, though. Seems more like a price fighter thing than a sign of availability. The Mediamarkt in the Netherlands retails at €349,99, which is higher than they did at launch and before launch (€329,99), so I hesitate to call sufficient supply already: http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_nintendo-switch-rood-en-blauw-1480909.html

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I just ordered a Neon from ShopTo (UK). I got up at 4am cos I had an early night, saw I'd been paid and I'd been planning on a 3DS (but they're really overpriced and not far from a Switch after you add a game).

So I googled all of 5 mins and it's arriving tomorrow lol.

How did you score a Saturday delivery from them?

And ordered mine about an hour after you and still says processing yours has changed to delivery tomorrow already?

thatJohann

Does anyone know if Nintendo NY carries any cases for the switch? Anyone hunting for switches there happen to see anything like that?

They only carry the official Nintendo case with screen protector at store from what I've seen. I would skip that and get the RDS travel case which is the best one. I got it online and it's amazing.

Most Joycons don't have the issue.

You should be good.

Mine does and I just got it on Sunday. Experienced it as soon as I started playing Zelda. Was sitting less than 10 feet away from the console. It also happens while playing at my desk with my capture setup. The dock will be on my desk and if I place my hands below the desk, the left joycon loses connection.

That said, I went with the $70 solution and bought a pro controller.

Majmun

They had three consoles in the MediaMarkt in Heerlen, Netherlands.

Two neon, one grey. I snatched the grey one.

Fuck, I was walking down the aisles at target and they had 1 singular one.... and I bought it... I can't even afford it right now -_- debating taking it back or trying to find a place to unload my wii U and 3DS to offset the cost... Either that, or hide it from my wife (she's out of state) and quietly try and pay off the credit card over the next 6 months.... They aren't even rare enough to try and scalp, so that throws that out the window.

-sigh- Not sure I trust craigslist and I won't use paypal after an incident with them many years ago so that limits my options online as well...

Tjamato88

Fuck, I was walking down the aisles at target and they had 1 singular one.... and I bought it... I can't even afford it right now -_- debating taking it back or trying to find a place to unload my wii U and 3DS to offset the cost... Either that, or hide it from my wife (she's out of state) and quietly try and pay off the credit card over the next 6 months.... They aren't even rare enough to try and scalp, so that throws that out the window.

I would take it back. If you couldn't afford it you shouldn't have bought it.

Hiding it and quietly paying off the credit card seems like a bad way to go.

evil ways

-sigh- Not sure I trust craigslist and I won't use paypal after an incident with them many years ago so that limits my options online as well...

Yeah, plus living with the hassle and hysteria of constantly having to hide it somewhere after using it, is not worth it. Sooner or later you'll accidentally leave it or a joy con lying around and she will start asking questions.

Interfectum

Take it back. Nothing Switch offers is worth the potential shitstorm you'd go through for it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

This is insane. Cant believe you would actually consider going into debt for a gaming console. Come on guys.

This is insane. Cant believe you would actually consider going into debt for a gaming console. Come on guys.

"Debt" is a strong word. I would never put myself into a situation where I'd be choosing a system over food. If I really wanted to, I could have purchased it out right (just a little bit of money from savings)... but it was the only one there and I impulse bought. I appreciate your concern, though I didn't exactly make it clear to begin with so I guess that's my own fault.

Really, the BAD part is that I considered even for a moment about hiding it from my wife :)

"Debt" is a strong word. I would never put myself into a situation where I'd be choosing a system over food. If I really wanted to, I could have purchased it out right (just a little bit of money from savings)... but it was the only one there and I impulse bought. I appreciate your concern, though I didn't exactly make it clear to begin with so I guess that's my own fault.

Really, the BAD part is that I considered even for a moment about hiding it from my wife :)

You could scalp it and make another $100 or so from it. Do that a few times and you got one for free.

Scalping is usually frowned upon on GAF.

Really? Go to the buy/sell thread. It's shitty when people price gouge, but if the market is willing to pay for it, whatever.

EDIT:

I'll clarify my original comments. If you're unable to afford one and your wife wouldn't be happy with you putting one on credit (which I can completely understand and you shouldn't hide it from her), then buying a couple and scalping them for a little bit of a markup would be a good way for you to get one without risking much. It's not like it won't sell.

Zedark

Really? Go to the buy/sell thread. It's shitty when people price gouge, but if the market is willing to pay for it, whatever.

EDIT:

I'll clarify my original comments. If you're unable to afford one and your wife wouldn't be happy with you putting one on credit (which I can completely understand and you shouldn't hide it from her), then buying a couple and scalping them for a little bit of a markup would be a good way for you to get one without risking much. It's not like it won't sell.
That all nice and stuff, but you are missing the possibility that scalping a unit and selling it for a higher price means that someone who was just able to afford a regularly priced unit now might miss out on one for the moment because of your scalping practices. That is why this practice offends me. Like, you are not the only one on a tight budget.

PSFan

EDIT:

Not supposed to do it there either. Many GAFfers have sold extras to other GAFfers at cost to combat those scumbags and I've also seen people get banned for talking about it too much.

kZMfEIr.jpg

Stupidity aborted, I took a farewell picture... Now to call my wife and let her know I did a major stupid but corrected said stupid.

Here's to hoping for a good BF deal.

Tjamato88

Smart move dude!

A happy marriage is way more important than getting a Switch. I will LOL if your wife is like no you should definitely get it and you go back to Target to buy again.

Vena

Bah. Roommate didn't have any luck in chicagoland, and he's leaving for China in a couple of weeks so he wants this as a gift for a friend.

What's your wife rated on Metacritic?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

You said you will try to pay off your card over next 6 months. That is call going in debt and that too for a $300 system.

Stupidity aborted, I took a farewell picture... Now to call my wife and let her know I did a major stupid but corrected said stupid.

Wise call if you ask me.

bumpkin

But if you un-did the "major stupid," why even tell her you did the stupid to start with? :)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Switch and Pro controller combo up at walmart.

ParityBit

I wonder when Amazon will have another bunch on sale to the Prime members.

Edit: Is there anyway to track when the system has been on sale on Amazon? Just for a basic pattern idea?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I wonder when Amazon will have another bunch on sale to the Prime members.

Edit: Is there anyway to track when the system has been on sale on Amazon? Just for a basic pattern idea?

They have re-posted each of the last 2 Thursdays. I would say be on the look out on Thursday. Unless stock starts flowing more freely. (it seems to be)

War3190

Neo Member
I work at a Walmart in the electronics area, we should be receiving 14 switches soon. I know that 7 will arrive between today and the fourth of April.

A Nintendo rep showed me today that other Walmarts in the area will receive anywhere from 7 to 17 units soon.

neoemonk

I got one from Best Buy the other day and it's supposed to show up tomorrow. I'm thinking about returning it as it's the grey console and I think I might try to hold out for neon though.

Going to blindly try 2 best buys tomorrow in the morning. Seems like some people at best buy have seen them with it saying not in stock online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom