• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I finally bought Castlevania:SOTN...

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
... and I really need a map! Are there any good maps online? Once I get the double-jump, I should be able to go anywhere, right? But where the hell is it? Help!

belgurdo

Banned
Dreamfixx said:
... and I really need a map! Are there any good maps online? Once I get the double-jump, I should be able to go anywhere, right? But where the hell is it? Help!

Honestly, man. You get a map after like an hour of gameplay, plus the game is pretty straightfoward throughout. Don't puss out that early.

SotN is an AMAZING experience, but also a fairly easy one. Which makes half the fun exploring. Then as you play through the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th times its all about tightening up yer game!

belgurdo

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
SotN is an AMAZING experience, but also a fairly easy one. Which makes half the fun exploring. Then as you play through the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th times its all about tightening up yer game!

It's also fun to set challenges. Get a Gameshark and equip two Tyrfings and no armor with the luck code on. It's interesting, to say the least.

BEST....GAME.....EVER!!

Here's a little hint. There will be a point where after a certain boss battle, the game will end unless you do something (read the item descriptions very carefully) particular. If you do that particular thing though, the game ends up being twice as long. I'm telling you this so that you won't think the game is a rip, for being too short.

If you need more help, just ask. I've beaten the game at least 20 times.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I owned it once, but in foolishness and desperation for something new I sold it. I see ebay has a bunch of nicely priced copies, I should pick it up again.

Just had to get in on the Best Game Evar!!one bandwagon. SOTN, how do I love thee?

Also, playing without spells or weapons is a good challenge. Galamoth is kinda impossible that way, though.

adrockthekid said:
Just had to get in on the Best Game Evar!!one bandwagon. SOTN, how do I love thee?

Also, playing without spells or weapons is a good challenge. Galamoth is kinda impossible that way, though.

Some guy over at the Castlevania Dungeon Forums actually beat him weaponless. Beating him with Richter is pretty hard too.

belgurdo

Banned
The Promised One said:
Some guy over at the Castlevania Dungeon Forums actually beat him weaponless. Beating him with Richter is pretty hard too.

Supposedly with Richter you can just slide under him, high jump to the precipice behind his head and then do the dagger item crash until he dies, but I've never tried it.

Dreamfixx

*SPOILER WARNING*

Ok, so i fought Richter Belmont, and, well, It ended.:( What was i supposed to do to make the game longer? (BTW, "I Am the Wind" is a great song!)

belgurdo

Banned
Dreamfixx said:
*SPOILER WARNING*

Ok, so i fought Richter Belmont, and, well, It ended.:( What was i supposed to do to make the game longer? (BTW, "I Am the Wind" is a great song!)

rings

Alucard

Banned
"I Am The Wind" is the cheesiest shit ever. I guess it's part of the charm of the game though.

You need the gold and silver rings and to wear them in the clock room. Maria will give you the Holy Glasses which you have to equip when you're fighting Richter. Then you just have to kill the orb that floats above his head.

Yes, this is one of the greatest games ever and my personal favourite.

DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

belgurdo

Banned
It was not by MY hand that I am once again given flesssh! I was called back here by...huuuumans...who wished to pay ME tribute!

Dreamfixx

yeah, the dialogue is cheesy, but it's a videogame so i'll cut it some slack. i thought the song was 'touching'...

Amneziak

aka The Hound
I've never understood the long-lasting appeal of SOTN. While I enjoyed it, I thought it was far too easy; playing through it once was plenty for me. I did like the soundtrack enough to buy it, though. Castlevania III is still my favorite in the series.

Soul4ger

The Hound said:
I've never understood the long-lasting appeal of SOTN. While I enjoyed it, I thought it was far too easy; playing through it once was plenty for me. I did like the soundtrack enough to buy it, though. Castlevania III is still my favorite in the series.

OMG because games are only good when they're HARD. I guess 99% of the games that come out today suck, then.

belgurdo

Banned
Soul4ger said:
OMG because games are only good when they're HARD. I guess 99% of the games that come out today suck, then.

Yeah, I wish the "hard=good" ideal would just die already. I don't enjoy paying $50 for games just to constantly lose.

And besides, SOTN is only easy if you just sit there and level up and use ultra-mega excellent weapons constantly.

Gattsu25

Banned
using default stats play a most-all mage character (all mage on bosses, mix on enemies)

beat Beelzabub (sp?) and tell me I'm not alone when I say that fight is hard as fucking hell (was around level 23 when I beat it)

EDIT: please tell me I ain't TEH WEAKSAUCE

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dreamfixx, you are only halfway done with the game at this point. :) I loved finding this out the first time throgh...makes an awesome game even better.

Top Bottom