• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just remote played into some random person's PS4 using my PSN account.

Strider

But if their PS4 is activated as the primary PS4 on your account then shouldn't you be able to see activated devices when you check your account on the PC?

For me I can see that a PS4 is an active device on my account but I cannot remove it or get any information about it.

jaypah

And you only found out by trying to remote play. Damn, what are the odds?! That shit would have freaked me out too.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Not a vulnerability of remote play, his account was already compromised.

The automatic default behavior of remote play is to connect to the primary PS4. His primary PS4 was in Russia...

There's a manual method to connect to secondary PS4's initiated on the machine where you enter a digit code issued from the PS4.

I didnt say that. The ability to remotely deactivate and activate the primary console without some additional authentication or even prompt. It went unnoticed.

Sony should add recent updates or changes to settings, similar to the announcements tab.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'd wager the Russian dude was more freaked out than you.

His PS4 turned on and started doing shit right in front of his eyes with him doing anything.

hohoXD123

Question, if you had your PS3/4 activated as your primary, then you replace the hard drive, would the SE site show the PS3/4 system twice?

Yup. Sony is giving me the run around. They said to fill out the form with the information I have and they will get back to me.

This is bullshit.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yup. Sony is giving me the run around. They said to fill out the form with the information I have and they will get back to me.

This is bullshit.
How can we expect two factor from them if they can't even figure out what urgency is

Saganator

Sony PSN support is seriously shit. The people who man the phones aren't bad, I would hate having a CS job with a bunch of shit policies preventing you from solving problems.

If this happened to me I don't think I'd get off the phone until the other unit was deactivated.

Sony PSN support is seriously shit. The people who man the phones aren't bad, I would hate having a CS job with a bunch of shit policies preventing you from solving problems.

If this happened to me I don't think I'd get off the phone until the other unit was deactivated.

Yeah, I did the quick chat thing because it connected immediately. I will need to get on the phone with them now.

This is insane. Deactivating all units shouldn't be this much of an issue. The person who has access to the account will be able to reactivate them all.

Has it already been asked if you can make your PS4 our primary from the actual PS4?

I can't.

wrowa

That's really fucking weird. Can you imagine how freaked out the person in Russia was? They probably thought their PS4 was possessed. Did you have access to anything regarding their account/card info/address? Because I'm concerned for my own safety now.

You can't switch users during remote play (which is actually rather annoying when using a Vita, since you can only have one account on it...).

lol, this whole conversation path is strange. It's not OP either way.

Yeah, I guess it kind of is strange. Just explaining that it isn't so unlikely that someone would recognize Cyrillic.

Best of luck dealing with Sony, OP. It's always worrying dealing with this stuff because if you do have a keylogger, who knows what else they have access to.
I think it's unlikely you do but I also don't know how else they may have gotten your info (if that is what happened).

Sky87

Only thing similar i've experienced is losing my Xbox Live account 4 years ago. Lots of unauthorized purchases etc, they changed the password. Also a Russian. Took me half a week to get everything back, money included. The phone call lasted only a few minutes as well, really simple. That was before they added two-factor authentication. Feel much safer now.

If you haven't already, download some password safe applications like https://pwsafe.org/ and make unique randomly generated passwords for everything.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Only thing similar i've experienced is losing my Xbox Live account 4 years ago. Lots of unauthorized purchases etc, they changed the password. Also a Russian. Took me half a week to get everything back, money included.

Consider yourself lucky. I still have never been reimbursed by MS for the fucking FIFA hack. Fuckers.

BraXzy

Sony really need to sort out their PS account security stuff. Two step authentication needs to be a thing already. Want to change your primary PS4? No problem, just confirm on the PS App you already have installed on your phone.

I hope you (and Strider) can get this fixed.

Teletraan1

Banned
So this allowed you to detect that someone had stolen your account information because you RP'd into their PS4. And people wanted folders.

Top Bottom