• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I totally screwed up everything and I'm going to be alone forever now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
The problem a lot of people have is that the second someone they find attractive starts talking to them there brain turns to mush because they want to "escalate the situation". Instead just talk to them like you would any human being. If you have a connection it will at least be real and not based on some chat up behavior. If no connection is formed at least you had a nice conversation. It really doesn't have to be as painful as a lot of people make it.

Ah, I see. My thing is that I do the opposite and assume that nobody I find attractive would reciprocate so I speak to them normally (normal for me anyway) and nothing happens. I wait for someone to show interest in a direct and unmistakeable way instead.

Being alone isn't so bad.

This is also true. I don't like to share and being alone helps a lot.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I feel like I'm not making progress in my life because I'll never have a family.

I feel self-worth from my relationships with others. Otherwise, I'm just a shut-in nobody. I don't like the average person out there in the world. I have nothing in common with them and they think I'm weird.

I think had some common personality traits with you for quite some time. I looked at what I didn't have instead of what I had in life and where I wanted to be. I saw tons of cars on the road better than mine. I had no place of my own. Felt no woman would marry me since I couldn't take care of myself, afford to take care of us..etc.

What I learned was that I don't need to measure myself by forced expectations. You need to find what will make it worth it for you to wake up each day and live. Find the things which make you happy and don't worry about measuring sticks or even what others think. It's an old addage that you need to love yourself before others can love you. I think you have to like yourself before others like you, and that's a starting point. I'm only referring to others in respect to someone to be with. No one wants to be lonely.

Not everyone is socially perfect, and in fact, it is just that you might have only a little going on in your life you feel you have to offer. I recommend reading, going out there and experiencing what life offers and use it to build outside interests. When you go to museums, plays, art galleries, concerts, movies...etc. you build topics to discuss and things to build interest on that others might find interesting as well. Surround yourself with people who's interests line up with what you find interesting. The Internet can help you do that. Everything is at your fingertips.

The rest, will fall in line eventually.

eot

Banned
Ah, I see. My thing is that I do the opposite and assume that nobody I find attractive would reciprocate so I speak to them normally (normal for me anyway) and nothing happens. I wait for someone to show interest in a direct and unmistakeable way instead.

If you're a guy that's not going to happen 99% of the time

OP work on yourself first. You sound desperate to meet someone and you just can't force things like that. The amount of messages that you sent girls tells me that you are uncomfortable being alone.

Focus on yourself. Be comfortable being happy on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom