• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Long, My PlayStation 2! The Official Thread of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

How many chapters are in this game?

Its stupidly fun to make these girls like me primarily because of the benefits in battle (at ch. 4 and seriously wishing there was more). I could easily see myself being frustrated by them had they no effect outside of the talking heads like i read previous games had.

EDIT: I bought the Wii version because i did not want to pull out my PS2. Was that the wrong decision?

Jay Sosa

VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA
------------------------------------------------------
Date Ordered: Wednesday 24 March, 2010

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

wohoo!

Now I better stay out of this thread til I'm finished (have to play throgh Persona 4 first) :D

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Gamer @ Heart said:

Its stupidly fun to make these girls like me primarily because of the benefits in battle (at ch. 4 and seriously wishing there was more). I could easily see myself being frustrated by them had they no effect outside of the talking heads like i read previous games had.

EDIT: I bought the Wii version because i did not want to pull out my PS2. Was that the wrong decision?

There are 8 chapters in the game, though 8 is very battle heavy so it's a longer chapter. :)

androvsky

Gamer @ Heart said:

All of the main Sakura Wars games are like this one in that how much the girls like you affect their stats in battle. And I think how much the non-combat characters like you affect your stats in battle, iirc.

RurouniZel

alb88 said:
Has anyone tried using a gamecube controller on the wii version?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, it's either Wii Remote + Nunchuck or Classic Controller.

Kevtones

I just heard about this game and it sounds intriguing. Then I heard Overworks and I got hyped...

My finances are pretty tight right now, is the Wii version reportedly okay?

RurouniZel

I Push Fat Kids said:
I just heard about this game and it sounds intriguing. Then I heard Overworks and I got hyped...

My finances are pretty tight right now, is the Wii version reportedly okay?

Yep. The dub's pretty good and controls are solid, esp. if you have a classic controller. :)

Rebochan

I finally got my copy by tracking it at the post office.

Only got to spend an hour with it though :p Liked what I played though. I'm a sucker for social games, but I haven't gotten into the combat yet sadly.

I know she's a rotten bitch, but I love Sagitta anyway. Soooo going to gun for her.

Kevtones

Awesome man, thanks :D

I'll be picking it up this weekend although I probably won't be playing it until I finish Fragile. Wonder what my GF's going to say about this one...

Rebochan

As a girl with a fascination with the social nature of dating sims...I can't help you at all.

Except to suggest that you date girls that think games where you date other girls are cool :lol

daoster

I was at Fry's today, and no copies of the PS2 version were to be found! 2 copies of the Wii version were available, but that's not going to do me any good! :(

Kevtones

Rebochan said:
As a girl with a fascination with the social nature of dating sims...I can't help you at all.

Except to suggest that you date girls that think games where you date other girls are cool :lol

Oh she's totally cool with it but she ribbed me a bit during Fragile so I'm expecting a bit more if I boot up Sakura when she's around. She's a gamer though :)

Durante

Awesome! I got the game from RurouniZel today. Thanks again for the contest!

The package got roughed up a bit in transit and/or by the import authorities checking that it's not incredibly dangerous :lol :
07042010208iyc3.jpg

But the game itself is fine.

I've played just an hour or so so far, but I greatly enjoyed that.

Finally got my copy today. Really enjoying myself so far.

Playing this makes me wish the other games would be localized as well, and that I want to watch the anime of this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DrAndonuts said:
PS2 save data was lost on my PS3.

Oy. Vey.

Buying the Wii version.

Yikes. Details? Kind of PS3, any other issues, how far along you were, and save was corrupted or not recognized?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
kiryogi said:
Sounds like the usual problem NISA games have with the ps3
I thought this was typical of several PS2 games in general? I remember people talking about losing saves for Yakuza 2, Persona 3/FES/4, etc.

Always backup your PS2 saves if playing on PS3! You have loads of space, no excuse for not making backup virtual memory cards. :p

androvsky

radiantdreamer said:
So you're saying that if I start my game on the JP VA disc, I won't be able to play it in English halfway through without starting a new game?

Correct. NISA did try to warn people about it, at least.

Ricker

Finally found a copy around here also today,I walk in a Gamestop and I see the PS2 version,big box at 44.95,I ask if they have the Wii version and she says yes,at 29 bucks so I picked it up for the Wii.

RurouniZel

Durante said:
Awesome! I got the game from RurouniZel today. Thanks again for the contest!

The package got roughed up a bit in transit and/or by the import authorities checking that it's not incredibly dangerous :lol :
http://www.abload.de/img/07042010208iyc3.jpg[img]
But the game itself is fine.

I've played just an hour or so so far, but I greatly enjoyed that.[/QUOTE]

Alright, glad you got it! Sucks that they beat it up a bit, but at least the game's okay! ^^

androvsky

rainking187 said:
Rosenqueen has sold out of the PS2 version.

That's good news for NISA, bad news for anyone that wanted the Japanese disc and the Rosenqueen artbook. The first pressing should still be findable at other retailers, but remember, only the first print run of the PS2 version was going to have the Japanese language disc.

cress2000

I thank Rosenqueen for only shipping one of the two copies that I ordered and was charged for and the week they've taken to not respond to my email about it.

RurouniZel

androvsky said:
That's good news for NISA, bad news for anyone that wanted the Japanese disc and the Rosenqueen artbook. The first pressing should still be findable at other retailers, but remember, only the first print run of the PS2 version was going to have the Japanese language disc.

This is a very important point kids, do take note!

androvsky said:

Oh snap. There goes holding off till the price drops.

kiryogi

Banned
Side note for any vet ST fans or anyone. I used to have this on my old PC but don't anymore. Just built a new one, but anyway! Anyone of you folks have .wav or .mp3 of Erica's Ohayo morning dance? :D

graywolf323

androvsky said:

does that mean after the first run it would drop to $30? I remember they said the reason it was $10 more than the Wii version was because of the second disc

Nekobo

Rebochan said:

My ex actually introduced me to these types of games. :lol I'm sure she'd enjoy this game, too.

I'm a little reluctant to play this game around my older sister, although she really enjoyed watching me play Persona 4, which had all those dating sim esque social links. She'd probably say "Let me guess, you're the only guy in the game and all the girls like you." Then again, she played my copy of Ar Tonelico, which is even more risque. She probably thinks I love harem rpgs. :x

But yeah, I guess it would be interesting to go out with another girl that's actually willing to play over the top games like this, haha

Nekobo

Ramune said:
Also noticed in the Wii version on the Title Screen, they play not a Midi version of the Main theme (the case for the PS2 discs), but the Main Theme in full audio with vocals up to the part where it blacks out for the logos. Interesting.

Mm, yeah; I just fired up the Wii version and noticed that they played the vocal version of the main theme instead of the instrumental version when reach the Save/Friendship/Condition menu. I wonder if the Wii version has any other differences aside from that and the slightly stretched out visuals.

Currently up to Chapter 4 in the PS2 dub version. I've alternating between this and FFXIII...I switch over when I start nodding off while playing FFXIII. :lol This game is much more livelier!

androvsky

graywolf323 said:
does that mean after the first run it would drop to $30? I remember they said the reason it was $10 more than the Wii version was because of the second disc

I think I remember them saying the price would drop if there's a second print run. They sounded fairly skeptical that it would get a second pressing; remember, it's just Rosenqueen that's sold out. I'd recommend picking it up now.

Woohoo! It has arrived! The exclusive Rosenqueen artbook is nice! It's hardcover!

I'm more excited about this than FFXIII!

How many hours is this game?

Ricker

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
There's something so unique and fresh about this game. I've never played anything like it. Love the music and the characters.

I haven't even gotten into a battle yet!?!

Hehe,same for me ,I played about 1 hour last evening...it`s so well done I find and cheery and colorful and all.I`m reading the manual now though because there is a few things I want to make sure I did right,not to mess things up too much because they say it can affect how the game flows...they talk about eyecatch and all,terms I never seen before heh...also,I only had 1 Click Mode as they call it but I could not figure out what to do,the search cursor was not moving,it`sort of just timed out,I couldn`t search like I wanted(playing with the numchuck and wiimote).I messed up just one time,screaming in the library lol...

I had to stop but I think I was going into the first Battle,I hope that part of the game is as well done as the adventure part.

Pachael

kiryogi said:
Side note for any vet ST fans or anyone. I used to have this on my old PC but don't anymore. Just built a new one, but anyway! Anyone of you folks have .wav or .mp3 of Erica's Ohayo morning dance? :D

Can't forget that tune

Rebochan

Progress is slow thanks to real life. Just got through the Ace Attorney portion of Chapter 2, had to go to bed before I got to the battle. Man this game is fun.

RosenQueen just shipped me a replacement of the lost copy of my game even though I managed to locate the missing one at the post office O_O So I got my copy late, but wound up with a spare. I guess that all worked out in the end.

I'm actually gonna be playing this for the dating sim aspect. I can't say I've really played a dating sim game translated into english... :p

I guess with that expectation, I'll enjoy the game a lot more. :D

androvsky

rainking187 said:
It looks like Amazon is sold out of the PS2 version as well, it's only available from third parties now.

I looked after reading your post, it said there's one copy of the PS2 premium edition left from Buy.com! Oh yeah, instant collector's item. :)

Also checked the Wii version...
Only 4 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
:D :D :D

totowhoa

Banned
Thinking about getting this. Do characters have individual stories and lives that you learn more about as you get to know them? Do you tend to care about these characters through this? Or is it mostly just a lot of random events things that you all do together as an excuse to give you a chance to make the right choice for that character and up their stats? I'd be fine if there's both, so long as the former two things are there.

Sklorenz said:
Thinking about getting this. Do characters have individual stories and lives that you learn more about as you get to know them? Do you tend to care about these characters through this? Or is it mostly just a lot of random events things that you all do together as an excuse to give you a chance to make the right choice for that character and up their stats? I'd be fine if there's both, so long as the former two things are there.

Yes, each has a chapter focused on them where you learn more about them, and you can run into them periodically as you explore the town and talk to them then as well. I ended up caring about most of the characters.

Finally got a chance to play my PS2 collector's edition version of the game today (had it sealed for over a week taunting me on my bookself :lol ) . It's my first time playing this style of game (relationship sim X SRPG) and I really enjoyed it. It threw me off the first 10 or so minutes of the game because it was foreign to me but once I got into the story and the battle sequence, I started to have a good time. It's refreshing to play something like this versus playing GoW or CoD clones. Between this, ME2, Persona 4 (which is next), FFXIII and RoF, this year is shaping up to be my Year of RPGs.

Danj

I had no idea this was coming to Europe until NISA's newsletter landed in my inbox this morning to say it was out! Although it looks like only the Wii version is available here, guess I still need to import if I want the PS2 one.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Seeing all the positive reaction from the game makes me so happy.

It is a pity that Sega didn't do this ten years earlier for the Saturn.

Top Bottom