• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.......Table Tennis.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just played the Table Tennis demo, and I was wondering if you guys are bored with this game already, or if it's a deeper experience than it appears. Lots of unlockable content, deeper modes, etc.? Or is it kind of a one-trick pony?

mattiewheels said:
Just played the Table Tennis demo, and I was wondering if you guys are bored with this game already, or if it's a deeper experience than it appears. Lots of unlockable content, deeper modes, etc.? Or is it kind of a one-trick pony?

If it wasn't for Chromehounds, I'd still be on my quest to unlock all the achievements and outfits and tournaments. It's still a fantastic game. I'm hoping once the 13th starts branching out into other games, we can swing a tournament or eight through this game.

If you enjoyed the demo, I'd say it definitely warrants a purchase, as it's the kind of game you can always find yourself pulling out and playing a quick round of, online or off.

bengraven

At first I found it hard. I was destroyed in both matches. I may have only scored one point, that's all.

Then I realized it's easier to just stand in one place, moving only when a ball is WAY the **** out the way; I now dominate both matches. The controls for movement are too ****ing touchy. I found using different buttons presses (for spins and the like) really make little difference. The gameplay is bland and I think we should have had a closer look at the table. It would have been easier to see the ball. The graphics are fantastic, of course.

I just can't see myself spending even $40 on this.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
bengraven said:
I found using different buttons presses (for spins and the like) really make little difference.
i was wondering how subtle the gameplay was. i thought i wasn't paying enough attention to varying my shots, but i seemed to make it through okay by just randomly swiping at the ball. maybe that's just for the demo though, and that kind of playing would cost me in later rounds...

guess i'm just wondering if this is a $40 equivalent of a live arcade game, or something much deeper.

bengraven

mattiewheels said:
i was wondering how subtle the gameplay was. i thought i wasn't paying enough attention to varying my shots, but i seemed to make it through okay by just randomly swiping at the ball. maybe that's just for the demo though, and that kind of playing would cost me in later rounds...

guess i'm just wondering if this is a $40 equivalent of a live arcade game, or something much deeper.

And that's what I found. I usually only by press "A" and still win. Sometimes, to change things up, I press "Y", but that's only to add variety to my life.

And yeah, this definitely has the vibe of a Live game or a "budget" title. Too bad $40 wouldn't fit into my budget, even if I were interested.

StuKen

bengraven said:
And that's what I found. I usually only by press "A" and still win. Sometimes, to change things up, I press "Y", but that's only to add variety to my life.

And yeah, this definitely has the vibe of a Live game or a "budget" title. Too bad $40 wouldn't fit into my budget, even if I were interested.

The demo's difficulty seems to be set to fluffy mittens and cute kittens. The full game will chew you up and spit you out, repeatedly.

It's a damn fine game, hard mode is HARD, all-star mode is crazy hard :D

I went on a quest for all achievements and some where difficult. Got all the costumes, locations, players, etc. and had a really good time playing it! I then hopped online and got the won 5 ranked games in a row achievement quite easily ;)

It's a good game, worthy of the $40 price tag, imo.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I really enjoyed the demo.

Too bad there's no Japanese or Asian release in sight. :(

Speevy

Banned
Shallow package, really fun game. That's what you should know.

If you have friends, and Live, there's no reason not to get this game.

Been playing it since it came out, and it's still addictive as hell. It's a great one to play with buddies at your place, or online of course. Go for the achievements if you're dead set on accomplishing shit, otherwise enjoy this fun as **** game!

mattiewheels

bought it! unfortunately, noone's showing up online :(

Meier

It's so hard... seriously, even on the "Medium" mode, it took me like 10 times to beat the third match, and now I keep getting close but never winning on the 5th.. and there's 2 levels more to go. I can't get over how difficult it is. I guess it's because I try and move around and Liu Ping gets like stuck or whatever. :\

The game is budget at best- online gets boring really quickly.

That and Jesper is a stupid cheap unbalanced **** that everyone chooses.

mattiewheels

theREBELins said:
gamertag?

add peetah31
cool. i'm mattiewheels, right.

going on now, peeps add me!

Top Bottom