• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Terrace House (Boys and Girls in the City) on Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

I thought I'm going to like Natsumi, because I prefer straightforward people, but I currently (ep 29) find her rather annoying.
If you openly criticize people, don't get angry/confused if they do the same to you.
I feel like she is having a hard time understanding the fact that different people think in different ways and there's time and place for expressing your opinion. For example don't do it when people don't want to hear it and give obvious signs showing that.

Unrelated, poor Tap, but Yuriko is still the best girl.

I'm watching the show with a friend and she feels the exact same way haha
Loved Natsumi but ended up thinking she was annoying because of her comments and her obliviousness.

Blablurn

everytime an episode ends i get a lil bit nostalgic because netflix shows a picture of the 1st season cast in the overlay screen

tap san haha

you gave costco a brand new meaning

Blablurn

angry-house54u6q.gif

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, Hayato.
Hitting so hard on Riko.
. Especially in this context (spoiler for the later part of season 2, I guess, but the article is in Japanese).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can you explain?
Oh sure, sorry.
According to that article
Riko was sleeping around with Hayato behind cameras, sleeping together in his bed, causing stress to other members, which commented that "if they want to do it, they should do it in a (love) hotel during a "family meeting".
It's a bit weird, since in the first season
Minori and Ucchi were doing the same thing, but I guess it was accepted because they were "officially" dating and staying in another room (and it wasn't creepy!).
Viewers also got angry that
Riko mentioned that she treats TH like a job. On the other hand Hayato did it because he liked her. People were shocked because they thought TH was real, ha ha.

Wunder

Just finished the season off, holy fuck this show is too good for this earth. I wish there was a conclusion episode where they wrapped things up with a bit more closure but I'm satisfied with the way it ended.

Can't wait for Aloha State!

Blablurn

if hansan is the best person in the world, nacchan is really the worst. she keeps making the same mistakes, the fuck is wrong with her?

but i guess its also nice that terrace house shows real people with real flaws.

but arman :lol

it feels like he hasnt been in the center for some episodes now (episode 31 now). he's just a bum lol. i still like him tho.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So do we know what was cut from the "you're drunk" incident?

Also I just remembered reading about the whole Riko thing on the net when it happened. Now I'm all "her?"

Kurita

if hansan is the best person in the world, nacchan is really the worst. she keeps making the same mistakes, the fuck is wrong with her?

but i guess its also nice that terrace house shows real people with real flaws.

but arman :lol

it feels like he hasnt been in the center for some episodes now (episode 31 now). he's just a bum lol. i still like him tho.
I think Arman realized that he could live in a dope house without paying rent for 6 months and stopped caring lol
Seeing him in the background doing nothing cracks me up

Blablurn

I would like to know that too.

It was suddenly morning, they talked about what happened, but didnt show a replay or highlights

I think Arman realized that he could live in a dope house without paying rent for 6 months and stopped caring lol
Seeing him in the background doing nothing cracks me up

:lol Couldn't have said it any better! He's the smartest of them all :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Also I just remembered reading about the whole Riko thing on the net when it happened. Now I'm all "her?"
Not really, unless there is unreleased footage somewhere. It was a really weird cut, I think I checked a few times if I didn't skip anything.

And yeah, my reaction to Riko was exactly the same.
RNUJLDfiP87AY.gif

neshcom

Banned
Y'all crazy, Riko's cute.

(Ep 32) Was surprised Arman got some screentime and was
legit sad about Hikaru leaving in a rush
. I don't know, I never really saw them interact much, but I guess they were really close?

This poor
ballerina
is gonna get her heart broken.

(Ep 34) Whoa, DID NOT expect that that was what
Misaki
was trying to do as an entertainer.

Yahsper

Oh sure, sorry.
According to that article
Riko was sleeping around with Hayato behind cameras, sleeping together in his bed, causing stress to other members, which commented that "if they want to do it, they should do it in a (love) hotel during a "family meeting".
It's a bit weird, since in the first season
Minori and Ucchi were doing the same thing, but I guess it was accepted because they were "officially" dating and staying in another room (and it wasn't creepy!).
Viewers also got angry that
Riko mentioned that she treats TH like a job. On the other hand Hayato did it because he liked her. People were shocked because they thought TH was real, ha ha.

Wait so Hayato entered TH
because he saw Riko on tv and liked her so became a candidate
?

I don't like Riko. She just seems weird, oddly apathetic to everything and very monotone.

Like was said above, Arman is the smartest of them all.

Fritz

Just watching the first episode of s01 part2 and it is slaying me again. Love it.

At least on german netflix there is a Terrace House Aloha or soomething. Different season?

joebruin

since next season is hawaii...it would be hilarious if that bum arman was on the show again lol

Wait so Hayato entered TH
because he saw Riko on tv and liked her so became a candidate
?

I don't like Riko. She just seems weird, oddly apathetic to everything and very monotone.

Like was said above, Arman is the smartest of them all.

if he was smart he should have dated
mizuki instead of going after arisa
:)

Koozek

Jesus, I am hooked.

It's so different. like they seem all so awkward but then they have these very up front conversations about their feelings and relationships.

I think the panel is hilarious too.
Don't know if you're even in this thread anymore, but dude, I only watched this because I randomly saw your post about it in the DeutschGAF thread a few days ago and now I'm hooked. I somehow read the name and thought it would be a crime series, no clue though why I associated it with that [Fake-EDIT: Ahh, now I know: Lakeview Terrace is a thriller I saw (starring Samuel L. Jackson)]. Turned out to be something a bit different, lol.

I totally agree with you. It was somehow surprising to see Japanese people talk so candidly and direct about personal and intimate feelings, probably because I've read and heard too much about how opening up about your feelings and worries is not that common culturally in Japan, even to friends.
And yeah, the panels are really funny.

EDIT: Oh, you still are in this thread. Just saw your post above. Servus!

I'm at Ep. 8 or so, right now. Is the whole season with the same cast? Some of you mentioned Part 2 and it sounded like it's a new group of people. Didn't read the whole posts because I wanted to avoid spoilers.

Fritz

Don't know if you're even in this thread anymore, but dude, I only watched this because I randomly saw your post about it in the DeutschGAF thread a few days ago and now I'm hooked. I somehow read the name and thought it would be a crime series, no clue though why I associated it with that [Fake-EDIT: Ahh, now I know: Lakeview Terrace is a thriller I saw (starring Samuel L. Jackson)]. Turned out to be something a bit different, lol.

I totally agree with you. It was somehow surprising to see Japanese people talk so candidly and direct about personal and intimate feelings, probably because I've read and heard too much about how opening up about your feelings and worries is not that common culturally in Japan, even to friends.
And yeah, the panels are really funny.

EDIT: Oh, you still are in this thread. Just saw your post above. Servus!

I'm at Ep. 8 or so, right now. Is the whole season with the same cast? Some of you mentioned Part 2 and it sounded like it's a new group of people. Didn't read the whole posts because I wanted to avoid spoilers.

Jepp, still here, just started part 2. Apparently that Hawaii Season is also available in germany.

People can leave whenever they want to and will come and go before the end of part one.

neshcom

Banned
Just watching the first episode of s01 part2 and it is slaying me again. Love it.

At least on german netflix there is a Terrace House Aloha or soomething. Different season?

Aloha State is the upcoming new season in Hawaii. Wikipedia says it debuts on Netflix September 1, but I bet it'll be a delayed international release like this season.

Saw this thread a couple of days ago and now I'm hooked. This show is so frustrating to watch though. why can't these people just say how they feel? I know a couple people who live in Japan and they've said young Japanese have a hard time expressing themselves and often focus too much on work and this show has done nothing but confirm that to me. Mizuki was best girl, Yuriko and Arisai are both obnoxious and manipulative.

Blablurn

I have to say, despite still enjoying it, I like the characters of season 1 way more. There is too much "Ok, I'm leaving, Bye" now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have to say, despite still enjoying it, I like the characters of season 1 way more. There is too much "Ok, I'm leaving, Bye" now.
I'm in the same boat. While there's definitely more "happening", I enjoyed the laid back pace and people in the 1st season much more than the current cast.

As for Riko (big spoilers for the last few episodes of season 2):
For some reason I thought this whole thing where she was hiding around kissing Hayato and sleeping with him would be bad because others felt it was too much. Nope, it was because they were acting like they can't date because they're too important to each other. Riko with her "I don't want to hold hands", "This is too important to me!". And Hayato with "It feels like she's my little sister, I don't feel like kissing her or doing stuff with her". The most important piece of context that escaped me was that the other member's stance wasn't "if you want to do stuff, do it outside". It was "if you want to pretend that this isn't happening because of your reasons, do it outside, not here, where you fail to hide it from us". Now I hate Hayato and Riko even more!

Edit:
Okay, I still don't like Riko, but Hayato is the worst. Way to act like an adult! Using a 18 year old naive (?) girl and then running away from responsibility.

Edit 2:
Just finished watching the whole thing. Definitely preferred the first season, although I'm not sure if it's because it felt more fresh or because of the cast.

Fritz

By first season you mean part 1 of the first season?

Natsumi is so damn cool. But the best chracater on the show has been Minori's sister by a landslide

joebruin

arman and hikaru bromance haha...awkward but touching

By first season you mean part 1 of the first season?

Natsumi is so damn cool. But the best chracater on the show has been Minori's sister by a landslide

Cool? I don't think anyone gets along with her lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I can't be the only one who laughed their ass off at Arman walking in with all those bandages after the skateboard incident.

sphagnum

Banned
I will be strangely upset if Arman and the other American guy don't have a scene where they speak in English to each other so nobody else can understand them.

Koozek

Maaan, these panels are hilarious :D Near the end of Part 1 now. Arman is cool. Everybody loving how direct he is with his compliments. Would be cool to hear him talk Farsi a bit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Poor Riko
feels like she was betrayed by other members and doesn't know what to believe anymore. I really don't like her.
(link)

Blablurn

Episode 35

Goddamnit. Even the way, Hansan has announced his departure was touching and moving. Dude's the best.

plus

When he said: "Dont become a firefighter, stay happy"

If I would say that, my friends would scream "Shut up Bla" haha

But he is magical

joebruin

Episode 35

Goddamnit. Even the way, Hansan has announced his departure was touching and moving. Dude's the best.

plus

When he said: "Dont become a firefighter, stay happy"

If I would say that, my friends would scream "Shut up Bla" haha

But he is magical

He really is a unicorn lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom