• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Terrace House (Boys and Girls in the City) on Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebruin

This yuki guy with his
heartbreaker girl hunting club
tshirt lol

Guessing it's one of those Japanese English t-shirts with weird sayings.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Poor Riko
feels like she was betrayed by other members and doesn't know what to believe anymore. I really don't like her.
(link)

She's straight up blaming folks for her own misdeeds. She's pissed she got caught for doing some shit.

Episode 35

Goddamnit. Even the way, Hansan has announced his departure was touching and moving. Dude's the best.

plus

When he said: "Dont become a firefighter, stay happy"

If I would say that, my friends would scream "Shut up Bla" haha

But he is magical

Han-loss is real. How can there be dudes out there that are that awesome. I wanna see what his girlfriend looks like though, she's lucky as hell.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Han was an interesting person. From the outside he looks like an almost perfect human (I don't like smoking, so he gets a huge - for that in my eyes ;), but my girlfriend had a different impression about him.

She felt like everything he does he does for himself. Of course most people work like that, and some (me) might argue that acts of altruism are mainly done so the doer feels better about themselves. Let's look at Han - was he helpful in many situations? Sure. The feel of "This is going to be fun for me, let's do it" was strong there, but whatever.

The worst part for me personally was going to TH in the first place, despite his girlfriend not liking this idea at all. She didn't like it all the way through, refusing to help with Arisa's stuff. Of course we shouldn't always "obey" our significant others, but after hearing my gf's opinion, my way of looking at Han changed a bit.

He was still the best, mostly because he actually acted like an adult with life experience. As a fellow 29 year old, I feel that Hayato was a disgrace to that age.

Blablurn

My theory of Dark Han was a dude who is using drugs and drinking alcohol nonstop at work to cope with the pressure of work, his intelligence and life in general. :lol

Blablurn

filehelper_1477141682xajk1.png

filehelper_1477141698vrk41.png

we don't deserve this lad

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
omg

I'm somewhere around the 30s. I cant imagine what could happen to make Byrnes to become the MVP

haha

I'm excited
At first I didn't like him that much at the beginning, but in the end he became one of my favorites.

Kurita

Up to episode... I forgot the number. Basically Han left and the half american dude is here.

You know what, Han didn't do much but he's still the best dude. He's got an aura of some sort. He didn't hurt anyone, always listened to people... Just seemed like a genuinely good dude overall.
My friend didn't care about him that much but was still sad when he left. She couldn't stand seeing him crying. Lol Guess he's one of those "You don't know you'll miss them until they're gone" kind of person.

joebruin

Are they using "sleep togther" to mean sex or just sleeping in the same bed together?

Also. Arman my man! Lol. Think my favorite girls on this show were the ones that seemed the most westernized. Mizuki and Martha.

Koozek

Are they using "sleep togther" to mean sex or just sleeping in the same bed together?

Also. Arman my man! Lol. Think my favorite girls on this show were the ones that seemed the most westernized. Mizuki and Martha.
I think they use "sleep together" in a literal sense and Minori once explicitly said her and Uchi had sex (I think to her sister - who, btw, is dabess :D).

neshcom

Banned
Finally at the
Riko/Hayato scandal
. This is all just bad and both of them are to blame. Shame it's so late for someone to replace them. Right?

Darksol

Episode 35

Goddamnit. Even the way, Hansan has announced his departure was touching and moving. Dude's the best.

plus

When he said: "Dont become a firefighter, stay happy"

If I would say that, my friends would scream "Shut up Bla" haha

But he is magical

It's all downhill from here. Just remember how awesome he was and coast through the rest of the mostly mediocre episodes :p

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

This is pretty normal between Japanese women.

Re Riko/Terashima (post ep 43 spoilers)
I think in the end Riko came out looking better. Terashima basically tried to have his cake and eat it too, and then when shit hit the fan he tried to pass it off as he was only protecting her when in reality he fucked her career and instead of staying by her, he tried to act like the damage wasn't already done and that involving himself any further would be bad for the both of them. No one gives a shit about who he dates, but as shitty as it is, it means everything for her. The articles that came out about this incident shat all over her and basically shut down her career before it even started, meanwhile I'm sure Terashima's doin just fine. The risk was her's only.

The biggest problem I have is that he totally took advantage of an 18 year old girl who came out from the countryside didn't know right from left, and then ran at the first sign of trouble. Absolutely disgusting person.

She can pretend like she's grown up for her age (she's clearly not) but the difference in experience weighs heavily in his favor, there's just no excuse for his actions. While it's not applicable here, this is why statutory rape laws exist.

Anyway, it just really pissed me off watching him, and if I was in that house I would have thrown his ass out the door myself.

sphagnum

Banned
Just finished it. It will be really weird if Arman doesn't show up in season 3. I hope he just stays as a cast member forever.

vanty

The guy from the comedy duo Earth, who works at the gym Arman goes to.

Also I think another former member made an appearance in this season, during Minori's fashion show. Could be wrong.
Yeah someone named Seina I think. The commentators reference her a lot as well.

Has anyone watched midnight dinner tokyo stories? Its really great (not related to terrace house but sjnce its a japanese show from netflix)

keidashxd

In three weeks I've binge-watched the whole 46 episodes, great Big brother, more natural, I think one of the reasions is that despite they live in a house, they have an outside life, they must go on with their stuff and they face the stay very different, as an oportunity to improve.

Hansan is an evolved human acording to my wife, he is perfect, and I can's argue that, he was finishing the university and could waste his time listening and helping anyone in the house, he was way more mature and humble after all.

I'm happy for arman at the end, he was a good guy and I couldn't laugh more when he had the skate accident and said that was fine, he was completely patched!!!

And the riko and hayato incident is a sign of transparency by netflix in my opinión, they could have hidden or something but had 0 problems showing it.

joebruin

In three weeks I've binge-watched the whole 46 episodes, great Big brother, more natural, I think one of the reasions is that despite they live in a house, they have an outside life, they must go on with their stuff and they face the stay very different, as an oportunity to improve.

Yeah they don't have the silly challenges and contrived jobs that most of the western reality shows have. Testament to the show that they didn't have to do stuff like that to keep you tuned in. Construction worker Hikaru still cracks me up.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
And the
riko and hayato
incident is a sign of transparency by netflix in my opinión, they could have hidden or something but had 0 problems showing it.

I agree but FYI the show isn't "made" by netflix, it's still a Fuji production. I guess it's not surprising that such a casual reality show would be willing to break the wall behind the cameras. On the other hand it probably wasn't worth it to support the charade of those two nimrods, lul.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I agree but FYI the show isn't "made" by netflix, it's still a Fuji production. I guess it's not surprising that such a casual reality show would be willing to break the wall behind the cameras. On the other hand it probably wasn't worth it to support the charade of those two nimrods, lul.
I think they decided to show that part (they have more than enough material, so they could've skipped it if they wanted to), because this kind of thing makes people talk and raises the awareness about the show. I feel it's more about viewership than transparency, really.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
she's hilarious. definitely the panelist i would most like to get two-hour nomihoudai at an ultra-cheap izakaya with.

just over a week until aloha state! cannot wait.
When I started watching the current series, it was already all up on Netflix.
Does anyone know if the new one is going to be posted one episode at a time or (like most netflix stuff) we're going to get a whole season on 11.1?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
it'll be one week at a time, that's how the last season went up. the stuff has to actually happen before they can post it!
Okay, this makes a lot of sense. I thought that for the previous series the episodes went up one season at a time. When people mentioned being bashed on social media for something they did in previous episodes, I was very confused.

neshcom

Banned
Terrace House was posted week-by-week on Netflix Japan, but not internationally. They may hold them off and release them in batches again for non-Japan territories.

Episode 42

I can't believe that Hayato turned down Martha so quickly. She's great and she was really into him, but I guess she's just not his type for some reason.

Blablurn

That'ld be exactly me meeting her irl. If she speaks any German I am so gonna write her some German fan mail.

Hnnnng

Edit: okay, seems like German might even be her first language.

BLABLURN!!!!!!

looool

You can have her! I prefer her neighbour haha

I just finished Episode 44

armaaaaan, maaaaah booooooi! best couple confirmed

Blablurn

Just finished the show ! Finally I can read all spoilers :D

Loved it. Season 2 started a lil week, as I expressed it some days ago, but got way better. The drama around Rikopin and her loverboy surely helped. what made me happy was
arman getting some girl action finally. he deserves it. he's a good boy!
. hansan was the MVP.
break up with ur gf, get nacchan and make her an acceptable person. only u can do it hansan

Blablurn

I love how he's all soft spoken in Japnese but in English he's all "yo brooooo"

So funny.

Yep!

haha

In the show he seemed all harmless

But for me he was always a player. I remember that one episode where he was super hungover and everything after a night long party. I'm sure he was partying a lot in Tokyo. And I'm sure he had no problems with getting girls (as the show kinda presented it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom