• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what do you guys know about when Wii will be back in stock?

Are there any rumors, confirmations, etc.? I have a few friends that are looking, and they want to camp but need the info on where to camp. I told them NEOGAF might be able to come to their rescue. Any thoughts on where Wii go next?

Tobor

TheKingsCrown said:
Are there any rumors, confirmations, etc.? I have a few friends that are looking, and they want to camp but need the info on where to camp. I told them NEOGAF might be able to come to their rescue. Any thoughts on where Wii go next?

As I was reading your thread, I noticed a link at the bottom of the page that says "Find Nintendo Wii Now!" You should probably click there.

Or Sunday

Jeff-DSA

My local Target manager says that they're getting shipments every 2 or 3 days but they sell out within minutes of opening. He said that it's a matter of insane demand rather than short supply in his store.

RedLightning said:
Wii consoles are worth as much as 20GB PS3s are on eBay. Craziness.
Yeah I know. The Wii markup is 100 ****ing % whereas PS3 is like 25% or whatever. That's why I am looking for people who have asked me (and of course GAF is the best resource), as EBay is not as attractive an option as waiting in the cold!

Dragmire

At GameCrazy today, I heard the manager tell a customer that Wii is harder to find than PS3 and I've read this online a couple times. Is Sony shipping more PS3's than Nintendo is shipping Wii's or is this just misinformation (or maybe just this guy's store)? I somehow doubt Wii is in higher demand than PS3 at this point in time.

Morts

My roommate claims several stores in the Dayton Mall had Wiis on the shelf in the middle of the day last weekend.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dragmire said:
At GameCrazy today, I heard the manager tell a customer that Wii is harder to find than PS3 and I've read this online a couple times. Is Sony shipping more PS3's than Nintendo is shipping Wii's or is this just misinformation (or maybe just this guy's store)? I somehow doubt Wii is in higher demand than PS3 at this point in time.

I totally believe it's in higher demand at this point in time. I've been to gaming stores a few times this week and there's always people waiting around for Wii's, parents asking for Wii's, etc. Not saying this means anything for the future, but the writing is sort of on the wall for launch.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm waiting till I can just buy one like a human being with self respect. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo, but I hate the idea of camping out or going all Jingle All The Way on the damn thing.

Az987

all good things
Dragmire said:

No Nintendo is shipping more, everyone just wants a wii.

Dragmire said:

The demand for the Wii is substantially higher than the demand for the PS3 right now.

One - Price factors into demand, and halving the price should provide double the demand for equally substitutable products.

Two - Wii is not equally substitutable for other game consoles - interest is higher because of the novelty, the larger launch line-up (as opposed to PS3), and Nintendo's intentional appeal to a broader demographic; among other things.

IIRC, Sony expects to ship 200,000 PS3's by the end of the year, while Nintendo hopes to ship 1,000,000 Wii's.

Top Bottom