• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is the consensus on Quantum Break here?

Umbasaborne

Banned
I really enjoyed it. The gameplay and story are solid, but it got flack for two reasons. 1.) it was an xbox one exclusive at a time where that system was NOT popular with the enthusiasts you’d find on forums, the type of gamers who would normally be all over a remedy game. And 2.) it came at a time when microsoft still wanted to heavily implement tv into their hardware. So the live action “episode” portions pushed people away too

Umbasaborne

Banned
It is an above average game that if it was a PS4 exclusive people would be bragging about it.
Oh yeah, the double standarss were out of control when it came to this game. Like i said. When this game came out a lot of enthusiasts still felt sour about the xbox brand after the 2013 fiasco, and the game simply became more fuel for the brand wars. Didnt help that it came out close to uncharted 4, so people automatically compared them

edit: also wow, what a bump?

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Game itself was rather enjoyable but pretty forgettable as well. Gameplay was cool! Story was neat as well.
Final bossfight was terrible.

Could be a solid 8 but the addition of that terrible tv show stuff really, really, REALLY hurt the game.
A 5 from me.
Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone tbh.

Shut0wen

its a game that doesn't really get talked about, it seems like it was just released and then not really talked about after it

I am a big fan of Remedy, and i recently bought a Xbox One X and the game, what is everyone's thoughts on it
I loved the game, had a cool concept and the powers are great as well, only issue i had was that the game was short, once you had unlocked all the powers the game was on its last chapter, if it had another 3 chapters the game would of been great also the antagonist start off well and just ended up being meh probably because the original concept you were meant to play as the antagonist as well but they cut that out the game for some reason

Last edited:

wipeout364

You only need to ask yourself one question:
Do I like Remedy games (Max Payne, Alan Wake, Control)? They all follow the exact same template in gameplay. I really liked Quantum break, the time travel aspect was a fun setting. That said it’s my least favorite of the Remedy games but I still love it and am glad it exists.

Iced Arcade

Honestly, the games tv episodes between each chapter really took me out of gaming mode. that's literally my only complaint

Last edited:

Ridaxan

I played through it a couple of months ago before I played through Control. I enjoyed it a LOT more than Control. Decent game, but nothing "amazing".

jaysius

Banned
It’s better than that mess Control, the story and pacing was far better, not sure why they lost the plot and made Control such a dull plodding affair. Also the cheese in QB was just right, control overtly overdid it but in a bad way.

Quantum Break was more of an evolution of their work. Control is a step back in many ways, nobody wants to sit down at a desk for a painfully boring briefing with a stiff character.

I loved Quantum Break, thought the gameplay was really good. Story was interesting but I wish the budget spent on the TV bits was spent on making the game longer. It was weird to jump out of the game to watch a TV show, and then jump back into the game. Overall 8/10 for me, but I'm kind of a sucker for Remedy games

oldergamer

Lol at any reviewer talking about AI in a Remedy game. They have used trigger based enemies since max payne 1.

Last edited:
Lol at any reviewer talking about AI in a Remedy game. They have used trigger based enemies since max payne 1.
giphy.gif

CitizenZ

Banned
Perfect example of instead of focusing on the possible they sacrificed it all for visuals, which limited its scope. The world is empty AF, good story and everything but the norm for the industry, promise everything and the end result is meh.

Great game, highly underrated, most people with an opinion on it have never played it. Really exposes gamers and being the kind of people not worth listening to. If it was Sony exclusive and everything about it was the same, people have cheered for its unique blend of TV and gaming, etc.

Top Bottom