• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some dumbass on GameFAQs burns down a church and brags about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then gets caught:

New details about the suspect accused of burning down a Palmyra church.

As WGEM first reported Thursday night, a teenage boy was arrested in connection with the fire at Mission Hill Baptist Church.

WGEM News received information that this fire was no accident; it led us to a website where the suspect bragged about burning a church down, then posted visual proof of what he claimed to have done.

We obtained copies of the posted messages and pictures, and contacted local authorities with that information. Among the most startling pictures is one the suspect apparently took of himself inside the church.

This is how it's believed to have all started--on a website, gamefaqs.com.

A site where video gamers go to get clues, and to chat with other gamers about a variety of topics--and they do that on the site's "Current Events" message board.

On Wednesday night, a poster using the name "Jediknight12345" asked other posters on the Current Events page if he should burn down a church and school.

The question was treated as a joke, and was erased by the website's administrators.

Thursday morning on the website: posters asked what had happened at the church. Jediknight said he had gone through with it.

Some praised him, others didn't believe him, and when they asked for proof, Jediknight posted camera phone pictures and writes:

"Oh...and the best part...the whole school caught up on fire from 3 simple little fires. One was a bunch of computers, another a bunch of bibles, and the last was towels in an oven."

One picture referenced "FOR CE", believed to be the Current Events message board on the Gamefaqs website.

Jediknight also directed posters to wgem.com to show them what he had done--even making light of the tragedy at Mission Hill Baptist Church.

Story Here

Oh and here's his proof:
29enqtj.jpg

MoxManiac

Chris Michael said:
The internet has a strong abundance of atheists.

What a dumbass. Sounds completely like what a smarmy GameFAQer would do, too.

Eh, most of the mocking I see on the intrawebs is generally directed at batshit insane creationists, who are well, batshit insane.

I wonder if the press will blame video games again?

"on the bright side, we have one less dumbass walkin on the streets lol"

"Hope he enjoys spending the rest of the prime of his life in jail."

Eh, it seems like he's a juve so I wouldn't expect him to get too terribly much.

I'm sure all that jail time is going to be well worth it for the 2 hours of e-fame he had.

He needs to be castrated and then released immediately to be a productive member of society.
/HotByCold

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah err.. GameFAQs. I'm not that surprised, intelligence is really lacking around that part of the internet. Asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom