• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some guy has been going around NYC playing his Xbox on the subway

AXE

This just made me sad. You heartless internet.

Then again, I was already messed up by accidentally looking into the Overwatch fan art thing.

EDIT: Also, noticed our kittykatt is limping his other back leg :(

I'm compromised this mornin'!

Mexen

I always walk around with a controller just in case I bump into someone like him. From now on, I will pack sandwiches too.

nikos

As a New Yorker, I'd say he's homeless. I'd love to know what's powering all that stuff though.

trixx

Yeah.. I don't know if this is trolling. Could be homeless and plying video games helps him cope with it. Then again I'm assuming a lot.

Not saying one has to have fun while playing games but at least somewhat amused? He looks sad

Yeah.. I don't know if this is trolling. Could be homeless and plying video games helps him cope with it. Then again I'm assuming a lot.

Not saying one has to have fun while playing games but at least somewhat amused? He looks sad
That could just be how his face looks when at rest...

Z..

There's usually outlets in the wall or arm rest.

Never encountered such a thing in my entire experience of flying, which until quite recently averaged about 1 flight per month. Always international flights though, if that matters...

GeNoMe

Picture makes me a bit sad, really curious what his story is. I guess that's just gonna be a matter of time.

A writer for kotaku responded to the original tweet this is from. Hopefully we can find out the story behind this guy and maybe get a gofundme to help him out if he actually is homeless or something

Pachael

Reminds me of the guy who plays Wii U on plane rides.

wiiutrain1.jpg

When the NX was narrowed down to a 'handheld', I imagined it as that with a packin battery...

hopefully he's playing downloaded games and not off of disc

Once saw a guy at a gears LAN turn his 360 from vertical to horizontal while running Gears of War after someone said "it could be knocked standing up it would be safer flat". And before another breath could be drawn the deed was done...

That noise still haunts me...

A writer for kotaku responded to the original tweet this is from. Hopefully we can find out the story behind this guy and maybe get a gofundme to help him out if he actually is homeless or something

I like this stage where all we have is a photo and gif and people are filling in the missing parts of the story in their heads.

We have speculation that he's homeless, mentally ill, physically ill, in need of a GoFundMe page, or all of the above. Or maybe it could all just be a sociological experiment to see if this goes viral and how people respond? We don't know, all we have is a pic and a gif. Speaking of which, did anyone taking those try to talk to him at all? I tend to be shy around strangers but I think if I saw someone like that I'd at least ask a question or two instead of just snapping a pic like he's a modern art installation.

wildfire

Banned
A homeless person isn't going to have an easy time A) getting a set up like that charged and B) not stolen or broken even at a shelter forget about the streets.

That said this guy has a shitty life and that Xbox is one of the few things he has going for him. If he has a regular commute I hope a fellow New Yorker just busts out a controller and a multiplayer game to play with him. Dude needs some positive human contact.

It's the NYC subway

It's the NYC subway.

*shakes fist in frustration*

how hasn't he been robbed?

City is safer these days and the MTA is far better connected in contacting transit police than other cities. Besides there are just too many people to be witnesses and his stuff requires 3 people to take all of his gear. I guess you could snatch an Xbox by itself.

dude's trying to play video games, not carry around a paper weight!

Woooo

sono

So he must carry a power inverter as well. (I dont think the xbox would work too good plugged into the subway 3 phase supply)

Calabi

It doesnt look like he's doing it for attention or a social experiment or anything. Maybe its the safest place to play.

That dude is homeless, and quite possibly has mental health issues too.

Does the E train run 24/7?

A homeless person isn't going to have an easy time A) getting a set up like that charged and B) not stolen or broken even at a shelter forget about the streets.

That said this guy has a shitty life and that Xbox is one of the few things he has going for him. If he has a regular commute I hope a fellow New Yorker just busts out a controller and a multiplayer game to play with him. Dude needs some positive human contact.

He probably is recently homeless and is homeless in the sense that he has no home of his own, not that he probably doesn't have a bed/couch to crash on at night.

He probably uses the E train to pass the time in the day until he can go back to wherever he crashes in the evenings.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On that's screen? Should be Silent Hill 3, I recognize Heather green miniskirt.

I was going to say, I heard he was playing Silent Hill from somewhere else as well reporting on him, but the original. In that picture it looks like he's playing Silent Hill 3.

Top Bottom