• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some info about Final Fantasy XV / Forum Q&A

MayMay

Banned
It's impressive through how many different HUD designs they went in such a short amount of time.

Screenshots look great.

Mory Dunz

CZlQIK9WEAMR_vv.jpg:large

environment seems weird. Like, it's losing detail and sharp texture long before it should.

Yeah, the draw distance and texturing look better in this one.
Still, the environments seems kind of...flat. And a litle uncompelling. At least compared to a xenoblade (not doing that comparison, it's just the most recent jrpg Ive played)

The screenshots when they're in that industrial building space look great imo. Maybe because it's most closed in.

Arkeband

Banned
The screenshots are too compressed for me to form any positive opinions. The one out in the rocky terrain looks jaggy/pixelated, while the grassy one looks much better but has about a ten foot radius of foliage around the main character. I like the fire, though.

What I meant was, we have barely seen anything from FFVII:R yet, and none of what we've seen was open wide grassy plains or deserts that we could compare to these screenshots. It's an unfair comparison.

What's certain is that FFXV looks fantastic, and is playable.

catbrush

Masashi Hamauzu and now Yoko Shimomura composing for Final Fantasy are two of the best things that could have happened to this series.
I very much agree, Hamauzu and Shimomura are legendary; at least as good as Uematsu in his prime.
I love Uematsu and he has written some truly incredible work but he's been past his prime for a long long time.
I agree, his Mistwalker soundtracks haven't really lived up to his former glories.
FF14's Before Meteor Fall OST was fucking awful.
NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR. FEAST YOUR EARS. Sure, the game surrounding it was junk, but FF14 1.0 had some of Uematsu's best works.

Also those new screenshots look amazing. If you're reading this, SE: $1000 collector's edition please, we can do the wire transfer right now.

wmlk

I think Lost Odyssey trumps anything Shimomura has ever done, to be honest. It's such a triumphant soundtrack.

I do agree about his later stuff being not nearly as good, though.

Top Bottom