• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some New Fire Emblem If details (new objective types, DLC difficulty, more)

Draxal

It's funny that they are going full SMT with the Legal-Neutral-Chaos stuff.

I really don't think so, I really don't think Hoshido's route will be anything like a traditional Law route for SMT.

It happens concurrently.

Basically, you don't side with Hoshido or Nohr.

Unless because you don't side with either, the two nations have a truce for 15 years.

Ayup, I really don't think they want to do time traveling again.

NeonZ

2 factions and a neutral path, but none of the known factions want to spread monsters around the world and push survival of the fittest. If one of them turns out to be pushing that then it'll be SMTish.

Sakura

Eh doesn't really seem like that to me.
It's more like choosing the side that he was raised on versus the side he was born on. It didn't seem like it was being presented as a "I agree with this point of view" versus the other.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. I don't care. I want it. Come on Nintendo. Announce the regular sized n3DS for the states. It's easy money dammit.
Yeah after staring at it a bit more I caved and preordered the plates. I'll just set down my n3ds upside down whenever I use it now.

So the game's rated C15 in japan, Awakening was B12, IIRC. What does C15 generally convert to? Or is it kinda random in that regard?

It's fine, it's not forced to a comedic degree.
Cero C is 15 and up, about roughly where T would be on the ESRB

Can't tell if she also has two left feet :( (maybe it is a problem people have in this world...or perhaps it is just the main character)

Coming soon...

Pokemon This and That

Buy either "This" or "That" for $39.99 and buy the other as $19.99 DLC!

/s
I'd totally love a a Pokemon game where the different versions are completely different after the second gym.

Ridley327

So the game's rated C15 in japan, Awakening was B12, IIRC. What does C15 generally convert to? Or is it kinda random in that regard?

It would be something along the lines of a hard T/soft M. Given the amount of fan service we've seen so far, I imagine that's pushing it up from Awakening.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
In Japan, it sold out twice and is no longer being produced.

I have a bad feeling it's gonna happen again if it's confirmed for the West.

I'm really hoping NoA offer an all digital version of it, cause any physical special edition is going to be crazy limited and sell out instantly. And they somehow won't be prepared and say they were taken off guard by the tremendous demand.

Hatchtag

Banned
Can't tell if she also has two left feet :( (maybe it is a problem people have in this world...or perhaps it is just the main character)

I'd totally love a a Pokemon game where the different versions are completely different after the second gym.

I'm still upset with how they moved backwards after gen 5. Gen 5 gave them different locations and changed asthetics, in addition to the usual version differences. B2/W2 even further changed the way locations looked. And then in Gen 6 we're back to just different Pokemon and legendaries.

Kalkano

Banned
I think there are good odds Nintendo will outlive you dude.
Regardless, I'm sure you'll be able to buy the 'Complete' edition somewhere down the line, if our all-digital future scares you so.

Nintendo may, but that doesn't mean they'll leave the servers up.

And an all-digital future is only possible if we accept it. Many do; many don't.

I'm really hoping NoA offer an all digital version of it, cause any physical special edition is going to be crazy limited and sell out instantly. And they somehow won't be prepared and say they were taken off guard by the tremendous demand.

Even if they don't, you could just buy the normal digital version of the game, the 2nd game as DLC and the third route DLC.

Which altogether is roughly on par with the special edition (which contains those three), factoring in the price bump because of the extra artbook and trading card.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Even if they don't, you could just buy the normal digital version of the game, the 2nd game as DLC and the third route DLC.

Which altogether is roughly on par with the special edition (which contains those three), factoring in the price bump because of the extra artbook and trading card.

Well it would be nice to get a small discount for buying then all at once and together, but that's most likely what I'll have to do if they keep the versions separate like JP.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html

Some art from the main site:

8fzK2aQ.jpg

Sölf;162124432 said:
Nohr sounds better and better..

They do. I'll get both anyway though

L95

Of course, but I don't want a repeat of the FE4 storyline. Give us something original.

Someone, somewhere, suggested that the story be told in two timelines at once, some chapters in the past (parents), and some in the future (children), though, it would be really complex and there are a lot of kinks to work out there. <.<

Someone, somewhere, suggested that the story be told in two timelines at once, some chapters in the past (parents), and some in the future (children), though, it would be really complex and there are a lot of kinks to work out there. <.<

That sounds like a really cool idea, and if implemented well, could make an extraordinary experience.

McNum

That sounds like a really cool idea, and if implemented well, could make an extraordinary experience.
While it would be a repeat of the FE4 twist, it would be awesome if parallel chapters unlocked as you paired up more people, where in the future you play as their children, where their story would hint at something gone terribly wrong in the past leaving them to pick up the pieces. Done right, it could put the tragedy and ultimate future victory as parallel chapters. You'd have to unlock both to finish the game. To make it even crazier, they could alternate turns during the final chapter. "Player Phase Turn 1", "Player Phase Turn x1" where you play as both armies, in their final battles.

The problem, of course, being to sync the battles up, so that dramatic moments happen "simultaneously". But that's not an unsolvable problem. It would make the final chapter rather scripted, but that's not entirely new for Fire Emblem anyway. Radiant Dawn springs to mind as an obvious boss fight chapter that broke the standard way of playing.

I doubt this game will do that, though, but it could be a fun twist on things.

Top Bottom