• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some new MGS4 Info

DSN2K

Spanish Website from the looks of it got an interview at TGS... they have a picture as well link

translation

""The DNA of Snake is sick, but will not die in MGS4""

we ask if its premature old age obeys to some type of illness. "Snake is a clone, and because of it its DNA deteriorates and ages a lot more fast than the remainder of humans. Besides, I have wanted to show the effects caused by the battle and the wear caused by an existence elapsed in the country of battle". Although the precise hero of medicación to maintain its integrity, as was seen in the trailer al to be injected a medicación, Snake will not die in this fourth chapter of the saga.

On the other hand, Raiden, a personage with the one that the European public has not empathized too much, will be able to be appreciated since a different perspective. "Many times we judge to the people before knowing it completely. The personality of Raiden will be watchful completely in MGS4, a lot more I mature, more tanned, and many that criticized him for their decisions or immaturity in MGS2 they will have to be withdrawn and to empathize with the personage".

The setting of MGS4 itself transfer 10 years in the future since the events of Sons of Liberty, and the famous one "tackle Not to Hide" obeys to that the environment is a field of urban battle and devastated. "In previous titles we have been obliged to reflect with coherence the weapons of the epoch, but in MGS4 al to be set in the future, we are going to be able to utilize more our imagination to design new weapons". With respect to these, in the interview was confirmed that there will be more than 200 of new weapons assembly possibilities, since as was seen in the trailer, Snake will be able to mount and to dismantle weapons to its craving to create other new.

bitwise

Banned
Kleegamefan said:
Are we suppost to sift through that gigantic thread on the hopes something new will appear?

NO!

well he did make the official thread, he can edit post #1 with updates. like most people do with sticked threads (TGS summary thread etc)

he even says "for the latest news and talk (lets keep it all in one place)"

but hey n/m

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
you know... i think kojima is going to play games with us in terms of telling us snake wont die. Maybe the snake we play in this game WILL die, but there's another clone of him or something so his DNA lives on. "Snake" in general terms lives on, but the character we play dies.

i going out on a limb here with a crazy prediction, but wtf. if i'm right I can parade this post around and declare myself a genius. And I'll edit this part out :p

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Falch said:
Also, ten years after Big Shell, what age does Snake have? 50 or so?
if you were to believe this site and their reasoning for why they think he's that old, he would be 47 in MGS4. Seems kinda young at first, but keep in mind he's ageing faster.

evil ways

Plus Snake hasn't lived the healthiest of lives, with him prevously being a boozehound hermit and his smoking habits.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
evil ways said:
Plus Snake hasn't lived the healthiest of lives, with him prevously being a boozehound hermit and his smoking habits.

Not to forget the occasional one on one fights versus 100+ Ton Walking Nuke Launchers.

El_Victor

or jumping after a giant robot from a tanker, I bet the water was cold.
solidsnake8ft.gif

Datrio

Okay guys, you can stop now, we get it.

Anyway, sounds interesting - looks like Raiden will get a lot more of screentime in this game, and what? No one is against it so far.

Also, I think most of us forgot about the promotional poster. We saw there Vamp, Meryl and Big Boss. How do you think they could fit in this game? Especially Big Boss (if that's really him).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
10 yeas? So that's what that "X" meant, but... how come Raiden's kid look so young? Maybe that's not Raiden's kid afterall? Or the game takes place in different times? Oh well, gotta wait and see I guess.

Edit: oh wait, that's an assumption made by the jurno. :/

Varian said:
That can't be right. Does he mean "world-weary"?

No he probably really means tanned since Raiden's skintone in MGS2 was really really white (like Gackt). His skintone coupled with his kill count is likely where he got the nickname "White Devil".

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Oh come on. Everyone knows that Snake is really just hooked up to a "The Matrix" like VR simulation program running in 2006 that is "predicting" the future based off of Raiden's training data from the S3 project in MGS2. But Snake doesn't know that. And his combat data is being recorded to train future soldiers. He's not really that old. Oh, and Raiden has been sent into the VR environment to stop Snake. But it's not really Raiden. It's actually Ocelot.

Ok, I'll stop making fun of MGS2s storyline.

Go teh master storyteller Kojima!

SolidSnakex said:
No he probably really means tanned since Raiden's skintone in MGS2 was really really white (like Gackt). His skintone coupled with his kill count is likely where he got the nickname "White Devil".

which leads to the question, is Raiden albino, bald or both?

Andvary

SolidSnakex said:

No, actually world weary would be the correct translation, he said

Meristation Interview said:
La personalidad de Raiden se desvelará por completo en MGS4, mucho más madura, más curtida, y muchos que le criticaron por sus decisiones o inmadurez en MGS2 tendrán que retractarse y empatizar con el personaje

he's talking about his personality not his looks.

TTP said:
10 yeas? So that's what that "X" meant, but... how come Raiden's kid look so young? Maybe that's not Raiden's kid afterall? Or the game takes place in different times? Oh well, gotta wait and see I guess.

Edit: oh wait, that's an assumption made by the jurno. :/

I think the reason for the "X years after" is because it'll take place through multiple years. Kojima said Snake is going to go to different battlefields across countries which would suggest that this is a World War and so it'll be multiple years. The original art also suggests that since Snake clearly looks different from his new art.

Koshiro

Datrio said:
Anyway, sounds interesting - looks like Raiden will get a lot more of screentime in this game, and what? No one is against it so far.
No, Raiden was a good character, he just wasn't your typical army-guy hardass and that upset a few people (they'd accept him in a movie but being made to play as him seems to make a big difference). It will be good to have him, he has depth, and should provide a nice balance with Snake.

Top Bottom