• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone upscaled the Starfield Release Date Trailer

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Getting Mass Effect Andromeda vibes, which can be bad for some, but I honestly liked that game...despite being a shitshow on release.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think it's going to launch in a fantastic state

You guys tried this new cereal? It's called Honey Copes.

SoraNoKuni

Hopefully it'll be good, but I don't see anything that catches my eye, the sci-fi genre didn't need something like this IMO, still it probably going to be at an least above average game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It will be a great game when it releases that will only get better with time with mods. Just like Skyrim.
I hope it does release in a good state and from what people have been saying I am glad it is not releasing until Sept

Starship Troopers GIF

Topher

Gold Member
still not crazy about the shooters aspect, but ultimately, for me, it is all about the space ships. Have they said if there will be an option for a cockpit view when in the ship? May have to wait for the deep dive for that.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
....And we said why can't we have square planets? You see that boundary over there? You can clip out of it.

In all seriousness I am kinda looking forward to it. The gameplay segment with the cave and tool did look like a AAA No man's sky though.

feynoob

Hopefully it'll be good, but I don't see anything that catches my eye, the sci-fi genre didn't need something like this IMO, still it probably going to be at an least above average game.
Skyrim exploration, fallout dystopian and space is a good combo. Plus modding will make this game even more impressive.

Stuart360

I really hope the 'points of interest' on the procedural generated planets have worthy loot and make them worth exploring.
Alien artifacts that are worth BIG money, hard to get weapons or upgrades, very rare crafting materials, etc.

Hugare

New NMS update looking lit

Love everything Bethesda (fuck Fallout 4, tho), so I'll probably enjoy this

Saber

Gold Member
Surprised that It does gives me Skyrim vibes, at least because of some similarities with the gameplay(like walking and running).
They should have showed this full screen, would be better.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Skyrim exploration, fallout dystopian and space is a good combo. Plus modding will make this game even more impressive.
Fallout 1 and 2 had dark humor, fallout 3 and onwards had a silly side, to balance it all out - hopefully this game is not dystopian..

Surprised that It does gives me Skyrim vibes, at least because of some similarities with the gameplay(like walking and running).
They should have showed this full screen, would be better.

The brass, drums and 1.person view probably helps?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Vats also gives a more traditional "rpg" feel and interaction to shooting. It doesn't feel right when you line up a headshot manually and it misses because your accuracy stat isn't sufficient. A vats system solves this.
I get that, but I just wasn't a fan. You basically just pick the highest percentage hit, watch a canned animation, rinse and repeat.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's exactly what I thought it would be. A Bethesda game in space.

Yep. Todd has literally called it like skyrim in space. People should have a pretty good idea of what to expect going in.

That being said, the desert planet game play actually kinda reminded me of some of the locations in Andromeda.

I hope not. Vats was only invented to cover up poor shooting mechanics.

I wouldn't mind having some sort of slo-mo system, whether its always there or an earned skill. I wanna blow up alien skulls in slow mo.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
I had to go watch the actual trailer because I was confused wondering whether I had a bad connection on my phone or if I was just being trolled.

VATS was invented so that the Fallout RPG franchise would continue to be something of an RPG.
It was a noble and novel effort, but its success is questionable and not exactly influential/widespread.

VATS is immensely successful for those who know how to use it. Toss a grenade and as it gets closer to the target, trigger vats, shoot the grenade have it explode right in the enemy's face for more damage. :)

Top Bottom