• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will GTA 6 gameplay really look like that or bullshots?

Will the final product look that good on ps5/SX?

• Yes, Dummy! This is Rockstar!

Votes: 195 57.7%
  • NO, these are complete bullshots. Just hype

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Will be heavily downgraded by Launch

Votes: 108 32.0%

• Total voters
It's not possible. Consider how basic and awful the AI in Cyberpunk is compared to even GTA 4, an Xbox 360 game. Also take notice how in the shot, you can see in the mid range distance there are 0 NPCs along the beach. They're all front loaded into the frame. That's the engine at max capacity with every hand placed NPC and animation front and center to make you go "wow" in the fast 3 seconds or so before it changes scene. It's typical marketing lies. You'll see.
I don't recall them ever putting out trailers that look completely different from the real game. The only thing I am not sure about is the frame rate, I think it will be 30 FPS on the base consoles and a 60 FPS option will be on the PS5 pro, if the PS5 pro happens.

Last edited:

Mercador

There's some stuff it seems to be real but other not. Like, within the same scene, you see a police man running after some overweighted guy. The police man movement seems too real to be true, but the overweighted guy seems "normal" for a game. I expect that kind of gameplay for high end platform (PS6/XSX2/5090?), there's a lot of crowd and a lot of cars, with current technology, it seems a bit too much but doable for 2025 (let's be real, 2026).

I don't recall them ever putting out trailers that look completely different from the real game. The only thing I am not sure about is the frame rate, I think it will be 30 FPS on the base consoles and a 60 FPS option will be on the PS5 pro, if the PS5 pro happens.
I think you're confusing what I mean here. I am not talking about shaders, textures, model quality etc. I'm talking about specifically things like how many NPCs are present in the scene on the beach. That's not going to be how the game looks when you and I play it live. There won't be that many on the beaches, or the streets or anywhere else that isn't a heavily scripted mission. Open world, there won't be that many NPCs that's all I'm saying. In that sense, the scene is a bullshot specifically setup and handcrafted to look insane when that's not what it will actually be like.

SmokSmog

945a13d56e8a99cc995080f58d4dfcce79a4cedc3f0e04ba239568da77d82f2f.jpg

Top Bottom