• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight Preview , new screens

PepsimanVsJoe said:
This is still Wii only right cause some of these screens say otherwise.

Holy crap.
Dont forget what galaxy and prime pulled off at 60fps. This is just 30fps, so there really is no reason it shouldnt look like this. This is sega though, so i understand your point lol, game does indeed look great. The last section in secret rings was beautiful as well.

Ferrio

Banned
Captain Smoker said:
11ufga8.jpg

Looks badass. xD

It's like he's staring into the future of the franchise.

abstract alien said:
Dont forget what galaxy and prime pulled off at 60fps. This is just 30fps, so there really is no reason it shouldnt look like this. This is sega though, so i understand your point lol, game does indeed look great. The last section in secret rings was beautiful as well.

While for this game, I can actually tolerate 30 frames since I don't recall any Zelda games running in 60 frames anyway, where did you see this being confirmed?

daemonic

Banned
As far as screens go, the game looks pretty damn good (even if Zelda-ish). I can't remember the last Sonic game I bought, probably Adventure 2 on the Cube, but if this shapes up to be a good game I'll definitely considering getting it. It's Sega though, not getting my hopes up.

Gagaman

Remember how cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny would show up in completely different themed worlds and timezones and never had one main 'home' location? It seems like Sega are taking Sonic in that sort of direction. It's a way to appeal to more people, I guess. I don't excatly love the direction either (I miss the surreal designs of the old games as much as anyone else) but I can understand their reason for doing it. People that might not normally be interested in Sonic may be intriqued by the Zelda like scenery and sword play...maybe. *shrugs*

Hero of Legend said:
While for this game, I can actually tolerate 30 frames since I don't recall any Zelda games running in 60 frames anyway, where did you see this being confirmed?
It was a while back when the game was first talked about and the new controls were mentioned...as least i believe it was. I hope Im dead wrong and the next video we are shown is him in the grass field with it running at 60.

:D

Azure J

jump_button said:
3074286283a8e4dcab7eme0.jpg

best pic from a wii game ever? part from mario

Whoa... And they didn't focus exclusively on this why? Jesus, it beats the shit outta Unleashed and even some moments in Secret Rings! :lol

Gagaman said:
Remember how cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny would show up in completely different themed worlds and timezones and never had one main 'home' location? It seems like Sega are taking Sonic in that sort of direction. It's a way to appeal to more people, I guess. I don't excatly love the direction either (I miss the surreal designs of the old games as much as anyone else) but I can understand their reason for doing it. People that might not normally be interested in Sonic may be intriqued by the Zelda like scenery and sword play...maybe. *shrugs*
Bugs Bunny lived in the forest

This needs looking into. No, not the game.No, not the "Sonic Cycle".

Ever notice how whenever a new Sonic game comes out, an entire forum community will turn into a house full of 4 year olds that whine for hours because something that was meant to be out of their hands is doing something they don't approve of? We need to name this...

72891520081201_174848_0_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_1_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_2_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_3_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_6_big.jpg

72891520081201_174850_10_big.jpg

72891520081201_174850_11_big.jpg

72891520081201_174851_25_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_5_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_7_big.jpg

72891520081201_174849_8_big.jpg

I guess the "darker color" and "changed model" really were just the compression on the pictures, because that looks like his SatSR model to me.

I actually did like Secret Rings, so maybe I would like this game. Don't know about the sword though. I do like the screenshots and the trailer I saw. Of course I'm a sucker for trailers especially Sonic trailers. I get all excited, and then I um play the game and I get sad.

Well I know to expect the following;

crappy voice overs
lame plot
lame friends
a lame gimmick I guess that would be the sword.
controls will probably be slippery

I hope they axe that stupid mission based structure from Secret Rings. Oh and add more levels with loops, what's the deal with the lack of loops in Secret Rings? It's not a Sonic game unless there is loops.

I'm interested in the game but honestly I hate the "ninja" run. Fuck that. I saw this video of these dorks in Naruto costumes doing that shit and it looks so stupid. Developers need to stop putting that crap in games, people don't run like that and it looks dumb.

joetachi

WalterMclure said:
I'm interested in the game but honestly I hate the "ninja" run. Fuck that. I saw this video of these dorks in Naruto costumes doing that shit and it looks so stupid. Developers need to stop putting that crap in games, people don't run like that and it looks dumb.
That ''run'' is older that naruto.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Slayer-33 said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/3074273334_2f4e0a2fd7_o.jpg[IMG]

holy shit it's zelda :lol

feels like it for some reason.[/QUOTE]
That one is Kakariko Village, and as I mentioned before the lava is from the Goron Mines.
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3276/3074273426_eb49d8338d_o.jpg

Hyrule Field!
72891520081201_174849_7_big.jpg

Faron Woods!
11ufga8.jpg

Castle Town!
72891520081201_174849_6_big.jpg

Aaand... a howling stone?
3074273148_7642641bb7_o.jpg

Werehog confirmed! :lol

Metal B

Gagaman said:

kh2_fm_cutscene_mickey.jpg

Edit: Lol Mickey Mouse + Sword and Sonic + Sword! FIGHT!

sonicmj1

preview said:
It’s another clever sidestepping of the traditional formula that adds something refreshingly different.

What's wrong with the traditional formula? Why does it need to be sidestepped?

It's like they never learn.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
PolyGone said:
if only SEGA had had the balls to market an entirely new character instead of using Sonic as a crutch
Less of a crutch and more of a money machine imo.

that being the opinion of a guy who mostly stays out of sales-age threads.

joetachi said:
Originally Posted by WalterMclure:

That ''run'' is older that naruto.
I am not sure what are you guys refering to, is it the same "run" that Marth use in Smash Bros.?

Leezard

SilverLunar said:
I am not sure what are you guys refering to, is it the same "run" that Marth use in Smash Bros.?
Probably. Running and just letting their hands/weapon be behind their body.

Agalloch

Wow, now i want a Zelda (or Zelda-like with Sonic :lol ) game that looks like this...
i like this polish and coloured Sega-style graphics, and this grass, fields and lava screens

Kard8p3

I think the game is looking awesome. Sonic in zelda like environments can easily be better than any 3D sonic game if they put enough work into it. Do we know when this game is supposed to come out?

Finally Sonic goes back to its roots.

As always Sonic games of today never look like a Sonic game, even Nintendo with Smash did a better job at making a proper Sonic environment than Sega.

batbeg

Hero of Legend said:

Aaagh... alongside that fucking dinosaur egg shit, these were my most hated part of Secret Rings. Hopefully it won't be so bad with the analog stick though (this is also one of the first times I've been happy about the new control scheme).

Game looks fucking stunning. Will buy.

batbeg said:
Aaagh... alongside that fucking dinosaur egg shit, these were my most hated part of Secret Rings. Hopefully it won't be so bad with the analog stick though (this is also one of the first times I've been happy about the new control scheme).

Game looks fucking stunning. Will buy.
If you start a slide just before going into a ledge section and hold it, he will slide across the ledge quickly(and with style!) as opposed to him doing the whole wall press crap. Makes the game flow so much better, give it a try. Its a nice way to carve some time off of your speed runs as well.

Top Bottom