• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

V_Ben said:
franchise... changing? It could be a redesign of sonic. that would be pretty big :lol

They could announce that they're returning to the aesthetics and art style of the original 16-bit games.

That would tickle my nostalgia bone.

And it would make the furries, weeaboos, and kiddies cry.

That would be win-win.
Which means it's not happening.

TimmiT

Looks like Jason Griffith isn't voicing Sonic in Sonic Colors:
griffith-voice.png

People are also speculating that the "franchise-changing news" is that Sonic has a new voice actor.

from: http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/rumour-jason-griffith-leaving-sonic-role

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TimmiT said:
People are also speculating that the "franchise-changing news" is that Sonic has a new voice actor.

Jon St. John.

That'd be strange. There's all sorts of new voice lines done by Mike Pollock from the same 4Kids crew. But if they weren't happy with him anymore, that's all there is to it, I guess. Like the screen capture says, Ryan Drummond didn't even know he was replaced for quite a while, which probably pissed him off doubly because he offered to voice Sonic for 4Kids' dub of Sonic X, even to move out near them to do it, and they just wanted to be cheap and use in-house talent.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I know the OP is a few weeks old, but I feel like "Nobody gives a shit." should be swapped with "Sonic Cycle is posted." Makes a lot more sense that way.

That's good news. Now Sonic won't sound like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger anymore.

Now they need to make the next step. Don't hire another voice actor and keep Sonic silent.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TimmiT said:

Jaleel White may have work again!

Blueblur1

I expect it to be so uninteresting that no one will even meltdown over it. Who cares. Just show me more of Sonic Unleashed 2 -- err, Sonic Colors, I mean.

I see one of two things happening:

1) something that makes kids suffer
2) something that makes parents suffer because kids r dum

Either crazy difficult mode or the game is controlled using a $539 sonic costume the kid has to wear.

Linkzg said:
I see one of two things happening:

1) something that makes kids suffer
2) something that makes parents suffer because kids r dum

Either crazy difficult mode or the game is controlled using a $539 sonic costume the kid has to wear.
3. the game is shit, everyone suffers.

To take Slingerland's hint to an extreme, my wildest guess is that they're going to say they're cutting down the cast to the extreme minimum (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and maybe Shadow), and stop including the newer characters as anything other than background dressing at most.

Of course they can say this, then two games later start reintroducing them with altered designs and stories, like they did the Chaotix.

But they may not even make it a broad declaration if it's true, I don't know. It seems like it's leaving too much money on the table. And I'm sure there's other ways you could read into the hint. Assuming it's legitimate in the first place, since Sonic fans love trolling and faking out each other.

DeVeAn said:
Nah, stole his avy its pretty sweet.
You're welcome.

TreIII

TimmiT said:
From Slingerland, one of the staff at Sonic Retro:

My guess: Everything Sonic-related from the last decade will be stricken from the record and retconned away, in "a real effort to try and take Sonic back to his roots". This includes the fangirl/fanboy favorite Shadow the Hedgehog. :lol

V_Ben

Banned
TreIII said:
My guess: Everything Sonic-related from the last decade will be stricken from the record and retconned away, in "a real effort to try and take Sonic back to his roots". This includes the fangirl/fanboy favorite Shadow the Hedgehog. :lol

oh, that would piss off kids! Reboot! :lol

Peff

Kusagari said:
Shadow the Hedgehog 2 is in development.

Experience the thrill of the brand new cover system with the new online competitive multiplayer - chooose your character among fan favourites like Bark the Polar Bear, Storm the Albatross or the newest addition to the cast, Shadow Shadow, with more to come as downloadable content.

Top Bottom