• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors |OT| of AWESOME! OUTSTANDING! AMAZING! CUBE! And Very High Reviews

Azure J

Planet Wisp Act 2 & 3 BGMs are sublime. Sega still knows how to make really bleepy-bloopy music that just screams "this is a game, enjoy!" :D

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
Good lord this looks so fantastic.
Sorry for the lame question but has Sega said there is any chance we could see this coming to PS3 / 360 with Move / Kinect functionality.
No, but you can always play Sonic Free Riders.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So hey I just saw the title change and wondered what's going o-

*Listens to the Final Boss music*

... o_o

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sciz said:
oh god Aquarium Park's music

Move over Hydrocity, you are no longer the coolest water level.
Them's fighting words, Hydrocity Zone 2 is pretty much my favorite Sonic track. Now I need to listen to Aquarium Park.

edit: omg, so good.

dvolovets

The characters/story seems to have taken a page from the Sonic Saturday morning cartoons... and I like it. None of that serious stuff is needed... Sonic is supposed to be lighthearted...

I really like what I see here w/ Colors. Congrats Sega.

dvolovets said:
The characters/story seems to have taken a page from the Sonic Saturday morning cartoons... and I like it. None of that serious stuff is needed... Sonic is supposed to be lighthearted...

I really like what I see here w/ Colors. Congrats Sega.

yeah the story not to far up it own ass trying to be epic its just right

TheOGB

Banned
This is a pretty major spoiler, so don't just casually highlight it if you care

A jingle for Super Sonic? AWWW SHIT

Lijik

The fucking soundtrack. OHOLYSHIJMYGOSHYOUGUYSTHISSHITOHJMYGOD. Amazing

Alright, for real this time. I'm out till the games in my hands.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
RocketDarkness said:
Has anyone posted what each zone's 3-letter keyword is? Because I've got lots of music and I don't know which zone they belong to.
As far as I can tell:
rso = Tropical Resort
fct = Sweet Mountain
shp = Starlight Carnival
pla = Planet Wisp
qua = Aquatic Park
ast = Asteroid Coaster
elv = Unknown. Final stage? Robotnik's ship?

Huggers

After Sonic 4 I finally after all these years gave up. Then as if by magic.... Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Aquarium Park <3

The_Technomancer said:
As far as I can tell:
rso = Tropical Resort
fct = Sweet Mountain
shp = Starlight Carnival
pla = Planet Wisp
qua = Aquatic Park
ast = Asteroid Coaster
elv = Unknown. Final stage? Robotnik's ship?
Much appreciated. This soundtrack is just too good.

After watching that IGN video review I think they should have just called this game Sonic The Hedgehog Galaxy

It does look good though. I want it. Gies has been one of the most vocal sonic haters so to have him have to suck it up and admit that the game is pretty good means something.

jgkspsx

Wow, I'm getting awfully close to sold.

The DS version looks a lot more classic than the Rush games, which really didn't do it for me. "Running at incredible speed" my ass, IGN. Has anybody talked about the DS game's level design?

NTom64

Trying not to be spoiled too much, so can anyone who's seen the final boss via the stream just tell me if it's a decent fight, gameplay-wise?

shaowebb

NINTENDO POWER REVIEW-9

Every review I've read is saying the exact same thing.They all agree that THIS is the first true Sonic game to get it right since he hit 3d and it will serve as the blueprint for the future.

Also, the Final Boss theme destroyed my previous opinion of the music. I love digital and I long for the music of old but nothing compares to this. This game's soundtrack just keeps getting more powerful to me as I hear it, and I expect that this is an exact sign that it will stay with me just as strongly as the classic soundtracks without the need for a digital version. Besides...the DS version IS a more chiptune themed version of these themesongs so why should I care.

Sciz

jgkspsx said:
Wow, I'm getting awfully close to sold.

The DS version looks a lot more classic than the Rush games, which really didn't do it for me. "Running at incredible speed" my ass, IGN. Has anybody talked about the DS game's level design?
The demo felt quite a bit like Rush Adventure. Certainly not a Classic game by any means, though it's less frenetic than the Rush titles.

Fun though.

vall03

omg! the music! this is exactly the same reaction I had with Unleashed! now Im thinking whether to get the Wii version just for the music!

Key members of the team responsible for this deserve to have more power at Sonic Team. Since it is a Wii title, I'm sure it was mainly done by junior team members with minimum input from others. I hope some of the "A team" gets moved/fired and some of these "B team" guys takeover.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
My only regret is that this is coming out the same day as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. =(

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Key members of the team responsible for this deserve to have more power at Sonic Team. Since it is a Wii title, I'm sure it was mainly done by junior team members with minimum input from others. I hope some of the "A team" gets moved/fired and some of these "B team" guys takeover.

It looks enough like the HD versions of Unleashed that it looks like the same team to me. If anything the change seems more like a change of focus. A managerial decision more than anything.

OMG Aero

I think I might pre-order this game now, I don't think I've pre-ordered a Sonic game before.
If only they had the Sonic hat in the UK :(

AniHawk

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

If I were them, I'd hope to continue to stay on the B team. Job security and all that.

Suzuki Yu

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

actually there is no A and B team anymore.
this game involved people from both Unleashed and SR/BK team, even lizuka came back from SEGA U.S studios to lead the team in Japan.

WillyFive

AniHawk said:
If I were them, I'd hope to continue to stay on the B team. Job security and all that.

This game was made for kids. If that's what it takes to get a good game, then let them stay with the kids stuff.

NTom64 said:
Trying not to be spoiled too much, so can anyone who's seen the final boss via the stream just tell me if it's a decent fight, gameplay-wise?

mild spoiler:

It is, it contains some decent platforming is all I'll say.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Willy105 said:
This game was made for kids. If that's what it takes to get a good game, then let them stay with the kids stuff.

The werehog stages in Unleashed were directly a response to focus testing with children.

Be careful what you wish for.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ZealousD said:
My only regret is that this is coming out the same day as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. =(
I know right. I'm anticipating only a handful of games and two of them had to be released in the same day.

WillyFive

ZealousD said:
The werehog stages in Unleashed were directly a response to focus testing with children.

Be careful what you wish for.

Well, it seemed to go fine with this game.

Sega sees it's audience in a very narrow and odd view. Sonic 4 is for the fans, Sonic Colors for the kids. Take advantage of this view.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
The Nunchuk-Drift decision was the first indication to me that someone on this team had a clue. Before that it looked good, but they might have just been pouncing on the fact that the Daylight stages seemed to work.

Sciz

Suzuki Yu said:
this game involved people from both Unleashed and SR/BK team, even lizuka came back from SEGA U.S studios to lead the team in Japan.
Iizuka came back when his studio got axed for NiGHTS 2 being a tremendous flop. He's been mostly stuck on Mario & Sonic since.

Suzuki Yu said:

Hey whatever it takes to get a good Sonic game out of them, man!

Top Bottom