• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Price easily seals the deal.

When they announced $299 for Slim I was SURE we were in for a $499 boom drop.

The variability of the improvements per game make it hard to get a full picture on all the benefits you're getting, but it's the guaranteed best PS4 experience, bigger HDD, $50 more than the previous price and same price as previous 1TB bundles... I'm quite surprised it's not a bigger gap.

Duxxy3

I was hoping for a new controller. Didn't get that. I'll stick to my regular old PS4, XB1, and hold out for scorpio.

It is a good price though.

CrxoZbQXYAAcQQk.jpg

The most expensive sandwich I'll ever buy.

Arex

when it was unveiled I got the ps2 vibe from the look, so pretty good imo, it has that light strip too!, so might just get this one instead of the slim :)

Swarna

30 FPS games aren't generally 30 FPS because of the GPU, but rather the CPU. In these cases the pro specs can't just double FPS. There will be exceptions, but expect higher quality assets and effects at generally the same (or more stable) FPS for games that receive updates for the pro model.

The slim could've been made to at least upscale + output content at 4k. I feel like the exclusion of this feature was to make the pro more attractive. The pro isn't looking very useful for regular 1080p displays.

Beck

Good price at $399 (probably $499 CAD), but I didn't really think they gave me a good reason to upgrade, especially considering I don't have a 4K TV and probably won't have one anytime soon. I might just upgrade my computer over this.

thenexus6

Huh, so the PS4 Pro is pretty much between what the Xbox One S is and what we expected the Neo to be.

Seems like a really weird stop gap.. I'm sticking with my vanilla PS4.

Harmen

Initially I was dissapointed, but the way they presented it made it clear the regular PS4 is here to stay. Furthermore, there will be a 1080p option (does this mean games like Battlefield will be 1080p instead of 900p? surely?) and that the pricepoint is in line with the PS4.

n0razi

I want the Pro internals minus the Blu-Ray drive in the Slim chassis... 1tb or 2tb digital only options.

monreader

Neo Member
Part way through, I was like nope, not getting one as I thought you would have no benefit without a 4k tv. Now I am glad that it will have advantages on both a 1080p and 4k tv. Count me in day one for that price.

I mean you can look at this as ps4 staying the same price but getting better specs..but damn this is underwhelming. I hope developers opt for 60fps updates

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also it's not true 4k so don't go thinking you'll get true 4k gaming for $400 on your newly bought 4k tv.

Top Bottom