• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony @ CES: WOW Wear 4k smart content WOW underwater tennis with your dog WOW

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The keynote should be viewable here, yes? Looks like it. Now, that stream did suck horribly yesterday, but eh.

EDIT: Oh, according to the quote in the OP CNET will be streaming this one as well, and that stream was really stable for me yesterday.

The keynote should be viewable here, yes? Looks like it. Now, that stream did suck horribly yesterday, but eh.

wonder if CNET would stream the keynote like how they did the presser

of course that would mean that you'd have to see the official steam to see the slides that they are trying to present and the appropriate camera angles when presenting a new product as well
I'm on my phone, is there any website that will have a keynote for Kaz keynote?

ustream channel

jcracken

Banned
Is there a summary of the Jan 6th presentation. As much as I would like to I dont have the time to read 41 pages. thanks

4K TVs, smart devices, rebranded 4 mo. old smartphones.

Oh, and underwater tennis doge cams that defy the laws of physics.

soul

I am pumped for the keynote. I'm pretty sure Kaz wants to get all the glory, and glory we shall receive, in about an hour!

Elios83

So there was no PS4 related news?

Of course not, it was a Sony Electronics conference just like every year at CES :p
And Kaz keynote will be about Sony's global vision although he could mention a PS4 sales update as a bullet point to prove the investors and business audience that they're on the right path to recovery.

kami_sama

wonder if CNET would stream the keynote like how they did the presser

of course that would mean that you'd have to see the official steam to see the slides that they are trying to present and the appropriate camera angles when presenting a new product as well

ustream channel
Sorry, I don't know why I wrote keynote 2 times. Any liveblog?

satam55

Banned
Does the PS4 have a BDXL drive?

No. Maybe when they do a hardware revision, they'll upgrade the Blu-ray drive.

I really want that Xperia Z1s but of course making it affordable would be out of the question for Sony. Maybe one day they'll make a product that people can afford.

You do realize that NONE of the high-end flagship Android phones from Android OEMs are affordable off-contract (except for the "Nexus 5")?

guys this is likely just a talk about how we are evolving in tech

with just a little dabble on already announced products and Sony's view on their vision with these products

no new announced stuff, no VR

if anyone is expecting this then your in for a disappointment

DocGaf

Neo Member
No. Maybe when they do a hardware revision, they'll upgrade the Blu-ray drive.

You do realize that NONE of the high-end flagship Android phones from Android OEMs are affordable off-contract (except for the "Nexus 5")?

What sucks is that it they went with T Mobile. They shouldn't have made it exclusive. No idea why they'd make it exclusive to what has to be the least popular of the big providers in the US

Fnord

I don't understand Sony's strategy of releasing a NEW 4K media player for 2014. The PS4 costs $300 less than Sony's current 4K media player. Shouldn't Sony Electronics, Sony Entertainment, & SEN get behind the the PS4 & promote it as Sony's 4K media player?

Because there are more households out there that would not consider a game console as a component in their entertainment system. It's somewhat silly, but game consoles still have a stigma to them as a "toy." And if Sony can sell a more expensive, less capable box to those people, they should.

Radec

I expect something like this

WUOBfrc.jpg

you mean this one?!

xcrtOQz.jpg

Briarios

I expect we'll hear more about their gaming business in the keynote. I think the silence on PS4 numbers after the XB1 announcement was due to the fact they were waiting for the keynote. Anyway, we'll see here shortly, won't we :)

Top Bottom