• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony drops giant Leviathan Axe in London as part of new PS5 marketing push

Gudji

Jillian Bell Workaholics GIF by hero0fwar

supernova8

Banned
Is the PS5 one even real? It somehow looks like CGI (genuine question, maybe it's just a really camera, looks too clear to be true).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Furiously mashing triangle in Ragnarok doesn't even do anything, with the axe at least. You have to hold it to charge up the frost power.

I guess they meant mashing attack, but then maybe the people writing these posts should learn how the games actually control.

/ Pedantic rant

The axe is pretty cool though, but the game is already "old". But I guess it's still selling, and more and more people are starting to get PS5s.

Mr Moose

Furiously mashing triangle in Ragnarok doesn't even do anything, with the axe at least. You have to hold it to charge up the frost power.

I guess they meant mashing attack, but then maybe the people writing these posts should learn how the games actually control.

/ Pedantic rant

The axe is pretty cool though, but the game is already "old". But I guess it's still selling, and more and more people are starting to get PS5s.
He's trying to call the axe back.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Wow, look at them, actually marketing like professionals.

No props from me u til they do another live showcase

Makese sense why they would pick up the marketing pace, al 3 major gaming systems there are very close together, less than 90k apart cumulatively.

StueyDuck

Banned
Out of curiosity... does this work... like do people see a big axe and go like yo... imma buy whatever game that is from

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ngl it's a dope ass commercial.

But Sony should drop some PS5s instead of an ad for a game you can only play on your PS4 because there's no ps5 in stock.

Mr Moose

Makese sense why they would pick up the marketing pace, al 3 major gaming systems there are very close together, less than 90k apart cumulatively.
For 2022, not LTD.
Ngl it's a dope ass commercial.

But Sony should drop some PS5s instead of an ad for a game you can only play on your PS4 because there's no ps5 in stock.
Amazon (UK/FR/US) has stock, but if you are in the US its invite only.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Axes being used as promotional material has to be a curse. Both games I was so beyond hyped for ended up being beyond disappointing (Warlords of Draenor and GoW:R).

Jaybe

They should have dressed a child actor up as Atreus and had him point out obvious shit to pedestrians

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They should have dressed a child actor up as Atreus and had him point out obvious shit to pedestrians

Should have just had Riverdale play on all TVs, sponsored by Sony/Santa Monica. Same quality and style of writing.

yurinka

This 'live from PS5' campaign is really good.

.....showcase/state of play..... announcement soon?
ramping up marketing globally before the next PlayStation showcase? (come on, we can dream)
In marketing terms it would be smarter to focus on TLOU tv show, PSVR2 and Forspoken releases instead, while also having this ads campaign to let people kwow that PS stock is available in the countries where it's the case.

It would be smarter to leave showcases for later, away from big releases.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Thats exactly why this ads are being made now.

The ad is ok. I miss the weird Playstation ads from the PS2 and early PS3. Those were my favorites.

Uh...
Dont really know what to say about that ad lol.

midnightAI

This 'live from PS5' campaign is really good.

In marketing terms it would be smarter to focus on TLOU tv show, PSVR2 and Forspoken releases instead, while also having this ads campaign to let people kwow that PS stock is available in the countries where it's the case.

It would be smarter to leave showcases for later, away from big releases.
Well I think the TV show is well enough known/established so as not to be a factor, if anything if there is any TLoU news (factions 2 or whatever it has become) then it can only benefit from the TV show being on air (separate mediums and all that)

Forespoken? I dont think Sony care too much about that really (in fact with all the negative press surrounding it they may even want to deflect attention away from it)

PSVR 2 could do with a showcase also in my opinion. Other than some blog posts and some hands on at shows we havent had a big PSVR 2 blow out, would be nice to know what PlayStation have in store for PSVR 2's future (other first party games especially)

Aenima

Top Bottom