• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

Boo paywall. Having more people jump into PS+ might be good for devs who get money from their games being there though.

Yay, the rest of this crazy good conference.

The restrictions of the PS4 vs the restrictions of the XBONE are no fucking contest, but Sony could have had a clean sweep if not for the multiplayer as a premium service thing. Seems strange for them to do that.

Tamanon

Banned
Destiny's lighting looks amazing.

And the paywall for multiplayer is annoying, but being rolled into Plus and still getting free stuff with it is great.

Microsoft gives you Assassin's Creed 2, Sony gives you DriveClub.

LOL.

Azrael

There is an expectation for a higher quality of service for online multiplayer when it is behind a paywall, and I am skeptical Sony will deliver it.

Chakan

Been paying Plus since day one. Don't care about needing that to MP.

Plus is way more worth it than anything u get on Live Gold.

What I wanted was no DRM and own the games I bought and do whatever I want. I got that, so I'm ok.

Anyone click the names of hte people that keep making negative comments and find twitter accounts that have only been used for this conference?

Sony won not on their games/exclusives, but by treating their customers with respect instead of like criminals. Looks like I'll be going the PS4 route even if I'm not overly impressed with anything shown thus far.

iammeiam

I'll be curious to see if any third parties enact their own DRM. Good on Sony, though, honestly didn't expect them to go balls-out against MS.

And then use the goodwill to sneak in the multiplayer paywall. Genius!

Poona

Are people really going to give up on PS4 for having paid online multiplayer?

Come on folks, Xbox 360 did that and we were okay with it. So it's no longer free. Big Deal. Just buy a year subscription and get on with it.

I was never ok with it. I did most of my games on the 360, but I wasn't paying a paywall to access what I already purchased on disc.

It should be like the PC. Dang this. This was a selling point Sony used for ps3.

Cardigan

Damn, Destiny is looking pretty bland. Was hoping to see some gameplay innovations but this looks like a Halo and Borderlands mix.

Top Bottom