• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

I can't wait to hear some of the anti-consumer games media try to pretend that they didn't say that Sony will just follow MS's lead and that the twitter campaign was pointless.

kurbaan

Banned
I have a feeling that online is not paid. It said "Immersive online experience" maybe basic online is free but stuff like cross game chat, etc is paid.

Klocker

still have to wait until November to see if the publishers do their own thing or at least block 90 trade ins

Destiny looks good but this demo is boring

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do I like the idea of paying for multiplayer? Nope. But I think we knew they were prepping us for that with PS+ all along. The service is worth it now, if the price isn't changing and I still get all those free games, I'm not bothered by it.

The Used Games slides just destroyed Microsoft. That was pretty fucking clear about what direction they were going in. The perception is already in Sony's favor right now, if they launch anywhere under $499, it's game over.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Paywall online?

PS+ benefits or not, I'm out. I use PS+ as it's intended to be used as: a rental service. I don't use it to play online.

Free online is why I bought the PS3 in the first place. You remove that, you lose me.

No buy, sorry.

I already have plus but that's shitty.

Plus gives you tons of free shit but that IS shitty.

The No DRM seals it but what a way to fuck up your greatest moment.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
E3 conference day

Gaf connection timed out

Sony COnference

Gaf "down for maintenance"

FFXV and KHIII reveal

Gaf dead

megamerican

Was totally not interested in Destiny. Figured it was some sort of Planetside type deal. Pleasantly surprised looks more like Borderlands.

d1rtn4p

Welp. Next-Gen looks like a wait and see for me. I like that Sony isn't doing DRM, but I've been hoping that Sony would really impress me with a compelling exclusive. So far only some of the indie titles looked cool to me, the rest I can get on my PC.

edotlee

Destiny's lighting looks amazing.

And the paywall for multiplayer is annoying, but being rolled into Plus and still getting free stuff with it is great.

Microsoft gives you Assassin's Creed 2, Sony gives you DriveClub.

LOL.

Agreed. It sucks to be paying for online but PS+ is worth getting just for the free games they offer.

It's Borderlands without it's signature art style. Although I do like the style. It's very colorful and just a tad bit cartoony instead of simply being dark and gritty. Too bad it's yet another FPS and I got bored of Borderlands 2...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Was going to get PS4 at launch, now I think I'm gonna wait till maybe early 2015. Hopefully people really complain about paid online so they drop it! I don't want to support it. I may go Steam full time then...

Omiee

Paywall online?

PS+ benefits or not, I'm out. I use PS+ as it's intended to be used as: a rental service. I don't use it to play online.

Free online is why I bought the PS3 in the first place. You remove that, you lose me.

No buy, sorry.

shame for you :) stay on the ps3.

your already paying for plus so whats the big whoop.

YAY NO DRM! Still need to know of publishers are capable of their own DRM shit though, and which ones will do it.

Lame about Plus being required to play online, but with all the free shit it's a better deal than Live. I probably still won't get it though, I don't do MP at all except a little co-op.

Top Bottom