• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaine_ph

As much as I can't wait for No Man's Sky, please no more gameplay demo's. Throw it in a reel and call it a day. The people that want to play NMS no what they are getting at this point. It's no point in trying to explain the game any longer.

Shin-chan

I think you'll see No Man's Sky again but in a short trailer along with The Last Guardian and GT Sport and whatever else they have in terms of exclusives. Their 2016 lineup is actually pretty damn good.
Do you think TLG is 2016 for sure?

I suppose it makes sense that they would save the 2016 release dates for the conference but get the delays (e.g Horizon) out of the way beforehand to avoid an overall disappointing reception to the show. So this leaves me optimistic for TLG and GR2 ... maybe foolishly.

Spizz

Banned
Most I could see happening for No Man's Sky is it being in the sizzle reel they do at the beginning and that's it. I think they know people just want it out now and are tired of being shown more of it.

Horizon I could see getting some sort of demo, maybe showing more of the RPG mechanics or something like that.

Final predictions in no order of which they show up

Horizon demo
Gow(will they call it 4 if it's a new mythology)
Knack 2(get hyped)
Ffxv trailer
Indie montage
Dead don't ride
10 minutes of psvr talk
20 minutes of third parties(suck it up gaf,they're vital to the system)
RD3
Spider-Man(watch it be psvr)
Crash..is coming to sky landers
Crash reboot
Re7
Tlg release date trailer

I wanna say neir but Idk.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't think you appreciate how big VR will be for Sony! It's not Wonderbook. They have core studios making games for it!

And those making 3rd party games for the PCVR, will also be doing PSVR. They are all going to bolsters each other's success due to this.

Sony is going to be more than supportive than they already are now for Devs doing PC versions and vice/versa, since it ultimately helps them.

They will have the ultimate console 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party exclusives platform for at least a year.

Kyoufu

Do you think TLG is 2016 for sure?

I suppose it makes sense that they would save the 2016 release dates for the conference but get the delays (e.g Horizon) out of the way beforehand to avoid an overall disappointing reception to the show. So this leaves me optimistic for TLG and GR2 ... maybe foolishly.

TLG has been confirmed for 2016 numerous times already, including very recently in Edge magazine as well as IGN I think? Expect to see a trailer with a release date.

I don't think you appreciate how big VR will be for Sony! It's not Wonderbook. They have core studios making games for it!

It's also something they themselves have publicly stated is difficult to market on-stage, and have had an experience of fucking up a VR demo. (PSX)

Unless they've figured out the ideal way to market this through a press conference, I don't think they'll somehow change it up too much , which to this point has largely been regular reveal trailers + mutli-game montage trailer.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
VR is going to be huge. I'm surprised Microsoft isn't going in on it tbh.
They are per the Scorpio rumor!

I really don't think they will announce or demo Knack 2 on stage. Come on guys. It would just get shit on. If anything, Sony has shown over the past 3 years they know their audience.

SDCowboy

I'm not saying it won't be big for them (though I honestly don't know that it will). I just think dedicating a third of the presser to a technology that doesn't show well outside of actually using it, seems crazy.

FiggyCal

Banned
I don't think they'll give the next GOW a number. I think we'll see a reboot of the franchise of sorts.

I really don't think they will announce or demo Knack 2 on stage. Come on guys. It would just get shit on. If anything, Sony has shown over the past 3 years they know their audience.

This is the same company that thought a 10 minute demo of Wonderbook was a good idea though.

I need Knack 2 though. Just for Ben and Huber's reaction.

Kyoufu

I'm not saying it won't be big for them (though I honestly don't know that it will). I just think dedicating a third of the presser to a technology that doesn't show well outside of actually using it, seems crazy.

Not too crazy when you can go into your local store and try one for yourself. Plus there will be big IPs attached to VR so that will drum up excitement and interest by default.

Sony has shown over the past 3 years they know their audience.

Not really.

Adam Boyes has gone on record stating the FFVII PSX reveal was not a troll and is entirely unintentional.Shawn Layden thought Paragon was a "drop the mic" moment.

Unless PSX's planning are done half-drunk compared to E3, Sony has their gaffes.

Not really.

Adam Boyes has gone on record stating the FFVII PSX reveal was not a troll and is entirely unintentional.Shawn Layden thought Paragon was a "drop the mic" moment.

Unless PSX's planning are done half-drunk compared to E3, Sony has their gaffes.

We aren't the entirety of their audience. There are others that loved the paragon announcement and the FFVII is the stuff of legend

I don't think God of War is bigger than Horizon. Not in the long term, that is.

GoW has no future and a new IP is badly needed from SSM. If Horizon takes off it'll spawn a long healthy franchise for Sony, something they need now that Uncharted & Killzone are done.

SSM had a chance to make a new IP, Stig fucked the Pooch and ran off because he needs something made from him, hence his Star Wars focus. Barlog is the best director SSM ever had, I think GOW4 is going to be outstanding thanks to him and he can energise the franchise big time. I don't even know what will happen with SSM in the future, eventually they will need to make a new IP but god knows how it can go down differently compared to the last fuck up. The SSM directors always run off after 1 game, here's hoping they somehow keep hold of Barlog and have him head a new IP.

Now I'm as excited for Horizon as anyone else but come on, they have the pedigree of an intensely inbred dog. Killzone 2 was the only great game they've made and that was some 7 years ago, there is far greater likelihood that Horizon will be shit rather than good. Really hope I'm wrong because the game just looks better and better.

I still believe TLG will be announced for October release. There was already a rumor about it.

Regardless of which month it is, they can't afford to show TLG on-stage and then say it's delayed to 2017. That would leave way too much of a sour taste.

If it's getting delayed, they would already say it imo.

Corpsepyre

Banned

Horizon demo
Knack 2(get hyped)
Ffxv trailer
Indie montage
Dead don't ride
10 minutes of psvr talk
RD3
Crash reboot
Re7
Tlg release date trailer

I think they'll definitely number GoW if it's a sequel. They need to drive home the fact that it's not a prequel.

_Ryo_

These "I don't care about VR, so I predict they won't show it" comments are silly. You personally do not have to care, but it is obvious that Sony (as well as other companies such as, Valve, HTC, Microsoft, and Samsung) and Major third parties do care and to ignore that fact is just weird. The device will be the most affordable and easy to access for end users High End VR solution out on the market, it is releasing in just a few months, it is without a doubt going to be at e3, and in a big way.

I don't think God of War is bigger than Horizon. Not in the long term, that is.

GoW has no future and a new IP is badly needed from SSM. If Horizon takes off it'll spawn a long healthy franchise for Sony, something they need now that Uncharted & Killzone are done.

I don't think Killzone is done.

FelipeMGM

I said something similar to this here, but people said that Knack 1 not beeing well received is exactly why they should show the sequel at E3 (???), to show them how much 2 has improved or how is not Knack 1 level or something like that.

I really dont agree with that, PSX on the other hand is an event made for Knack 2 level of stuff. Knack 2 wont be at E3

Javin98

Banned

Horizon demo
Knack 2(get hyped)
Ffxv trailer
Indie montage
Dead don't ride
10 minutes of psvr talk
RD3
Crash reboot
Re7
Tlg release date trailer

Now this would make an awesome conference. One megaton away from being Year of Dreams 2.0, but I'll enjoy it a lot. :p

FiggyCal

Banned
For the next God of War. I know people are talking about Norse mythology. But that's more than a little obscure. I would go to Roman mythology tbh. It's safe and familiar if they're going for a relaunch of the series.

FelipeMGM

I think Sony is handling Crash announcement like they did with FFVII Remake

Shawn Layden wearing a Crash shirt at PSX2015 is FFVII Hashimoto troll at PSX2014

Then Crash in Skylanders is the World Of Final Fantasy trailer that everyone wondered for a sec if that was the Remake

Then right after the hype deflated they drop the Megaton with a new Crash game coming to PS4

For the next God of War. I know people are talking about Norse mythology. But that's more than a little obscure. I would go to Roman mythology tbh. It's safe and familiar if they're going for a relaunch of the series.
Safe and familiar would be so boring tho. Norse has enough for them to massively shake it up. Something the desperately need to do. Well at least for me anyway

We aren't the entirety of their audience. There are others that loved the paragon announcement and the FFVII is the stuff of legend

I think the others who loved that Paragon announcement trailer - especially Shawn Layden of course - is all because of that song, "Outro" by M83. You know because that song has the title "Outro" and what that means is that it's the end of all press conferences; something epic and something emotional to make someone said, "Yeah, I think that press conference is over, you know it's saying? It's definitely over!"
Instead, we were all thinking, "Okay..." and we got a closing montage and most of us were like, "Is that it?" I hope their E3 conference doesn't have that appeal and I hope that those two guys who were at the PSX press conference last year who were sitting on a couch, talking about something... I don't know what they were talking about, but in my opinion, it felt like: "What?"

Shawn Layden wearing a Crash shirt at PSX2015 is FFVII Hashimoto troll at PSX2014

Then Crash in Skylanders is the World Of Final Fantasy trailer that everyone wondered for a sec if that was the Remake

Then right after the hype deflated they drop the Megaton with a new Crash game coming to PS4
Yep.

silva1991

I think you'll see No Man's Sky again but in a short trailer along with The Last Guardian and GT Sport and whatever else they have in terms of exclusives. Their 2016 lineup is actually pretty damn good.

4 damn years of E3 trailers/gameplay

this game better be at least 80 on metacritic after all those E3 conferences.

that would be perfect

I wounder if it would be tradition and maybe we see yet another troll at next PSX lol.

Briarios

Haven't you guys figured it out yet? About Knack 2, the title is going to be Knack vs. Crash.

Sorry, I shouldn't even joke about that. RIP little bandicoot.

I know some people will be disappointed, but I'm looking forward to a lot of VR stuff. I've been waiting my whole life for these kinds of games, and I'm allowing myself to get excited. I can't really afford to put together a new rig, but PSVR makes it within my budget, so I'm gonna be like a little kid Monday night. It's been a long time since I've really been excited for hardware, so I'm not letting anyone bring me down on it :D

Javin98

Banned

So is Agent going to be this year's version of The Last Guardian and Dino Crisis 4 this year's version of Shenmue 3? Would be amazing if so. :p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

God no!

They would not have remastered 3 on the PS4 if they were going for same mythology rebooting. Bring on the next Pantheons! My axe is ready.

Moreche

I'm really hoping killzone is done and dusted, awful franchise and I agree that the studio has a lot riding on it with horizon.
Also GOW going Norse mythology doesn't have me excited either.
Personally i find Sony and MS first parties underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom