• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

The God

I can officially say E3 is next week.
tumblr_o70xv6ilhA1t6xtc8o3_r1_400.gif

They really put the dab in U4???

Wtf

I always thought a way Sony could do their press conferences is separate it by the location of developers. Something like:

Europe

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dreams
WiLD
Rocksteady's new game (they're UK right?)
Something from Ubisoft

Asia

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy 15
Ni No Kuni 2
Knack 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Some Chinese developers new game
GT Sport

Americas

Destiny
Call of Duty
Watch Dogs 2
Dead Don't Ride
God of War 4

With some indies thrown in there of course.

RoKKeR

Man, also won't be able to watch this conference live either. Damn classes!

I'm excited to see Horizon again. That game is probably going to push me to jump on a PS4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I always thought a way Sony could do their press conferences is separate it by the location of developers. Something like:

Asia

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy 15
Ni No Kuni 2
Knack 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Some Chinese developers new game
GT Sport

"Asia" isnt considered a monolithic entity. All those nations, individual languages and stuff would be a pain to logistically put under the same banner. Same with Eurozone

SNURB

Not to get off topic but I missed it when they would have those giant balloons and statutes on display from years ago:
2f7eea2d7cfbf1ab177495bfcbba77b4-650-80.jpg

Not to get off topic but I missed it when they would have those giant balloons and statutes on display from years ago:

It's like a different lifetime. Four prominent characters on display and only one of them is realistic. And even that one (Sweet Tooth) was during the really comical run of TM when 989 took over.

Neo enabled games cannot be released until after 20th September. Read into that what you may.

Not sure where the specific date comes from but it tells me the announcement will surely be weeks and weeks before to allow devs/publishers to do all the PR etc?

What is your take?

Not sure, but Tokyo Games Show 2016 starts September 15th....

Thing is of course, if PS4 games can include a Neo mode from September 20th onwards, wouldn't they announce the new console before that?

Philippo

One thing about Neo i don't remember: do every game from this Fall onward need to have a Neo mode and take advantage of the console's power, or they can just have the same base version for both? Like, it's there going to be a contractual obligation?

The God

Tempted by the siren call of the Scorpio thread, I expect.
smh Unban my man
One thing about Neo i don't remember: do every game from this Fall onward need to have a Neo mode and take advantage of the console's power, or they can just have the same base version for both? Like, it's there going to be a contractual obligation?

supposedly games on Neo have to be 1080p and they can't be worse than the OGPS4 versions. Beyond that, the games aren't required to be upgraded.

kurahador

Considering how small the number of games supporting the New 3DS, I think Sony will make it a contractual obligation.

smh Unban my man

supposedly games on Neo have to be 1080p and they can't be worse than the OGPS4 versions. Beyond that, the games aren't required to be upgraded.

I feel like these are pretty minimal and possibly the least intrusive limitations they could have put.

But I suppose the issue is: is forcing devs to make a version for your iterative upgrade wise, no matter how minimal the effort required would be? I'm not so sure.

(I actually am not sure if Sony is actually doing the above.)

The God

I feel like these are pretty minimal and possibly the least intrusive limitations they could have put.

But I suppose the issue is: is forcing devs to make a version for your iterative upgrade wise, no matter minimal the effort required would be? I'm not so sure.

(I actually am not sure if Sony is actually doing the above.)

I'm wondering how they entice developers to put the extra work in since it's optional. First party devs will have upgrades, and probably the 3rd party games with long-term partnerships like CoD and Destiny. But what about everyone else?

I'm wondering how they entice developers to put the extra work in since it's optional. First party devs will have upgrades, and probably the 3rd party games with long-term partnerships like CoD and Destiny. But what about everyone else?

Exactly. I think they should just leave it alone. Let's devs do upgrades if they want to. Not even mandate the resolution stuff, atleast not for long.

If Neo takes off sales wise, the support will come.

I still have the (Spanish) PSM where this particular picture appeared. It was '99 E3 where there was a playable Gran Turismo 3 (Vision I think it was) demo. Good times, lots of crazy rumors back then.

In that particular PSM issue, there was a review of Omega Boost. And I don't recall ever been so mad at a review before.
Graphics 10
Sound 10
Playability 10
Overall 9

I mean what the fuck? Are you shitting me? And the reasons were: Lack of co-op mode and no saving.

Sorry for the derail, but I just remembered and I got mad again :lol

Pls no.

If Itsuno isn't working on DMC5, then it should be Dragons Dogma 2.

If we get DmC2 over or before DMC5, then we'll...

I mean, Capcoms in a mess for a reason. That would make sense.

I think DMC5 is more likely, purely because I imagine it would be significantly cheaper to produce, although given the popularity of open world RPGs, Dragon's Dogma probably has significantly more long-term potential.

yurinka

I think DMC5 is more likely, purely because I imagine it would be significantly cheaper to produce, although given the popularity of open world RPGs, Dragon's Dogma probably has significantly more long-term potential.
They have Deep Down, RE2 Remake, SFV DLC, probably RE7 and different Monster Hunter games. Not sure if they have enough hands to announce a DMC5 made in-house.

There's Capcom Vancouver, who I bet are working in a DR4 or something else like an Onimusha (would be weird considering they aren't Japanese).

N.Domixis

Banned
I was surprised Battlefield is on Xbox panel this year. Makes no sense considering PS has a far bigger reach than X1. Yay for COD demo though, good time for me to get a drink or something. :
EA, I wonder if Sony will ever do anything about it, ms by default gets everything unless it's Star Wars. That's a big disadvantage.

Lucreto

I am hoping God of War IV is a working title not the next game. I hate the idea of a Kratos taking on the Norse Gods and would rather a new protagonist taking on their own Gods.

If it's Kratos again it would be a one of two huge disappointments for me, the other would be a Sucker Punch Spiderman game.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I could actually go for another God of War, it's been long enough. Ready for the GoW4 reveal, especially if Cory is behind it. It was a good decision to let that franchise rest for a while.

DJwest

I am hoping God of War IV is a working title not the next game. I hate the idea of a Kratos taking on the Norse Gods and would rather a new protagonist taking on their own Gods.

If it's Kratos again it would be a one of two huge disappointments for me, the other would be a Sucker Punch Spiderman game.
Why would a Sucker Punch Spider-Man game be a disappointment? I can't think of many other devs out there who could do it justice.

EA, I wonder if Sony will ever do anything about it, ms by default gets everything unless it's Star Wars. That's a big disadvantage.

Is Battlefield even bigger than Battlefront at this point? Plus Microsoft has almost always had more of EA's stuff at their press conference than Sony has. Sony had Battlefield for awhile and Dead Space, but that's about it. Microsoft has had Madden, Fifa, Mass Effect, Plants vs Zombies and Titanfall.

Lucreto

Why would a Sucker Punch Spider-Man game be a disappointment? I can't think of many other devs out there who could do it justice.

I would rather a new infamous or a new IP. It doesn't help that I have no interest in Spiderman. There are far better and more interesting Super heros out there. Just because Spiderman can take on some the mechanics of infamous doesn't mean they are the right people for the job.

Sucker Punch was also rumoured to be settings up for a new IP and the idea that it was dropped for a licenced IP annoys me. I don't see why they spend so much on motion capture studio for Spiderman.

Anyway Telltale Games and Marvel have a deal for a game this year and that could very well be Spiderman.

Honestly, I think Sony should just stick with the Star Wars/EA train right now. It may be looking a bit barren right now with just BF DLC and VR but I'll pay off with all those future SW games in the future.

J-Skee

Honestly, I think Sony should just stick with the Star Wars/EA train right now. It may be looking a bit barren right now with just BF DLC and VR but I'll pay off with all those future SW games in the future.

How awkward would it be though if Amy Hennig came on stage at a Sony conference? I know Naughty Dog gave her the most sincerest shout out in the credits of Uncharted 4, but rumors say she was pushed out.

How awkward would it be though if Amy Hennig came on stage at a Sony conference? I know Naughty Dog gave her the most sincerest shout out in the credits of Uncharted 4, but rumors say she was pushed out.

Even if it was true, it's business. If it truly deplores her, she can leave it to someone else to announce the game. EA representative, producer, or game director instead of her.

Have the streams been confirmed?

No, but there'll be streams because people will get to watch it live at cinemas.

I could actually go for another God of War, it's been long enough. Ready for the GoW4 reveal, especially if Cory is behind it. It was a good decision to let that franchise rest for a while.
Yeah, I don't like Kratos but I am willing to go on another escapade with him. There has been enough time between 3 and this one coming.

Hopefully it's Kratos in name and looks only.

I hope SSM take this opportunity to significantly add some depth to his character. I'd take GoW1 Kratos over GoW3 Kratos but I'd take a blank slate Kratos over all.

mejin

Nintendo fans get the best games though, so it wouldn't be fair to have all the fun. :p

jqvKL4O.gif

==============================

Last year, the big 3 were all japanese games. I really hope Sony continues to push more games from japanese developers. That's the real deal and difference I like from Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom