• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony 4/10.

+ Horizon
------------------------------
- Trying to garner hype for a game 7 years overdue, not coming this year
- Final Fantasy 7 remake as one of the biggest events, not exclusive.
- Not a single mention of Vita except for a picture and a weak montage.
- Literally launching a kickstarter live on a E3 press conference, made me embarrassed for them.
- Uncharted 4 as their big showrunner, a game we have already been teased, had gameplay demos of.
- One (1) new exclusive game was shown.
- BETAS BETAS BETAS
- CONSOLE EXCLUSIVITY

Fp3Bvwq.png

i7LPaM7.gif

Although I'm not as down on it as you are, im in agreement with this summary. How are people excited for games that are 2-3 years off? Horizon looked amazing, but most of the rest of the announcements were just lip service to try and cover up the fact they have nothing this year...

Stay salty.

10/10 conference.

Sony won E3.

GG.

So much beautiful and salty posts! I love how Sony's conference was so good, people had to start redefining what an E3 conference was supposed to do! "If we're talking about hype, yeah it was good, but if we're talking about games I'm able to play soon, umm, MS 8/10"

Lol! These are the same people that would have said all three of those megatons were impossible! Sony delivers them in one show! Love the interwebs.

Sony 4/10.

+ Horizon
- Literally launching a kickstarter live on a E3 press conference, made me embarrassed for them.
- Uncharted 4 as their big showrunner, a game we have already been teased, had gameplay demos of.
- BETAS BETAS BETAS
- CONSOLE EXCLUSIVITY

image.php

(This post is made all the funnier by the fact that he wrote it before Nintendo's conference happened.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
18221787244_d8ac3f0c02_o.png

From OP

Legendary.

Don't think this E3 could ever be topped. Can't think of any combo that would. Maybe like Crash Bandicoot reboot, Colony Wars reboot, and Monster Hunter on PS4 might get close for me, but still not all the way. Just a shame that FFVII-R turned out to be a full on remake instead of just the original game with a current gen engine. That would have been legendary. With the current inability of SE to make a great FF game I worry that any changes to the original formula won't be positive ones.

We'll see though. Hopefully at PSX we get a gameplay trailer.

Neogaf was down for me from the opening all the way beyond the Shenmue 3 announcement. Think I was able to post a comment or 2 when the third party stuff was on, but it was sketchy even then.

This E3 will never, ever be topped. I still can't believe the above banner actually happened. I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT.

Ravage

It really was a magical conference, the equivalent of seeing 3 unicorns in flesh and blood. And to top it all off, NiER Automata was announced later in the day.

Yes, it was a ridiculously good day to be a gamer.

I couldn't believe when Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced. But when I heard the first second of Shenmue's theme music I just went insane.

I did a slide on my knees in my living room and was literally throwing money at the TV.
iC8yUV2.jpg

I was wearing shorts and scratched my knees, but I couldn't care less. In hindsight, I'm just glad there wasn't a coffee table or anything nearby at the time lol.

Kickstarter was down. Neogaf was down. There were people crying. It was beautiful...

Yeah, for me it just couldn't get any better than this LOL.

I was banned for the actual conference (that stupid DMC mobile thingy, I deserved it though), but thanks to this bump I can finally be a part of this thread.

Man it truly was magical. That night dreams literally come true. For the first time in a long time it felt great to be invested in the industry again. I really don't think any gaming event can ever come close to that conference.

Sony 4/10.

+ Horizon
- BETAS BETAS BETAS
- CONSOLE EXCLUSIVITY

If you think about it, this salty review shows how amazing the announcements were. Sony showed 2 long anticipated games, horizon, uncharted 4, street fighter V, dreams, multiplatforms and a kickstarter. The deal is that we are talking about the holy trinity of games, something that existed only in our hopes. They showed ALL toghether in a perfect pacing conference. Still can't believe it.

I know they make it for money, but Sony touched the hearts of the gamers and made our wildest dreams alive. They showed to the world they can do something others don't really care to do. I mean, Shenmue has nothing to do with Playstation. But they did it! It was a test of strength. Awesome.

Next is Crash Bandicoot. I can feel it.

The poll at the top of this thread is just bloody hilarious.

It makes everything more surreal.

And to top it all off, NiER Automata was announced later in the day.

Yes, it was a ridiculously good day to be a gamer.

The Square Enix conference was really cool. NiER was such a surprise. And by Platinum Games. Outtanowhere!

Kickstarter was down. Neogaf was down. There were people crying. It was beautiful...

Yeah, for me it just couldn't get any better than this LOL.

To me, NeoGaf crashed like 4 times. When i could get to the Kickstarter page of Shenmue, it had already a lot of backers.

The reaction video of this guy slayed me.

Greatest conference, I approve this bump.

Thanks!

I was banned for the actual conference (that stupid DMC mobile thingy, I deserved it though), but thanks to this bump I can finally be a part of this thread.

Man it truly was magical. That night dreams literally come true. For the first time in a long time it felt great to be invested in the industry again. I really don't think any gaming event can ever come close to that conference.

Well, we're late to the party but here we are!

If you think about it, this salty review shows how amazing the announcements were. Sony showed 2 long anticipated games, horizon, uncharted 4, street fighter V, dreams, multiplatforms and a kickstarter. The deal is that we are talking about the holy trinity of games, something that existed only in our hopes. They showed ALL toghether in a perfect pacing conference. Still can't believe it.

I know they make it for money, but Sony touched the hearts of the gamers and made our wildest dreams alive. They showed to the world they can do something others don't really care to do. I mean, Shenmue has nothing to do with Playstation. But they did it! It was a test of strength. Awesome.

Next is Crash Bandicoot. I can feel it.
The Salt was real, but overshadowed greatly by the hype. Check pages like 20-60 lol.

There's just pages of post that read like this.

Post # 0-100

"FUUUUUUUUUUUU"

"IT"S HAPPENING"

"NO F'N WAYYYY'

"OMG SONY"

"IS THIS REAL LIFE!!"

"WTF"

"WTF!!!!

"OMGGGWTF!"

"DEAD"

Ishida

Banned
This conference was truly the stuff of legends. Like if someone had found the magic lamp with a genie and wished for this conference to be true. It was like gaming's craziest fan fiction.

Every one in a while I still re-read this thread (Got it on my Subscriptions). I love to read the initial reactions to World of Final Fantasy. All the "lols", "what the fuck is this shit", "this is not FFVII", "we got trolled again", "this is crap", "well, there goes your remake, everyone" and the such.

And then gradually all those lols get replaced with "OMG", "IT'S HAPPENING", "NO WAY", "NO FUCKING WAY SONY", "THIS IS IT", "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT", "HOLD ME", "FFVII REMAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

It's freaking HILARIOUS.

farisr

This conference was truly the stuff of legends. Like if someone had found the magic lamp with a genie and wished for this conference to be true. It was like gaming's craziest fan fiction.

Every one in a while I still re-read this thread (Got it on my Subscriptions). I love to read the initial reactions to World of Final Fantasy. All the "lols", "what the fuck is this shit", "this is not FFVII", "we got trolled again", "this is crap", "well, there goes your remake, everyone" and the such.

And then gradually all those lols get replaced with "OMG", "IT'S HAPPENING", "NO WAY", "NO FUCKING WAY SONY", "THIS IS IT", "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT", "HOLD ME", "FFVII REMAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

It's freaking HILARIOUS.

This is demonstrated best in visual/audio form by gametrailers' reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1p8ZgvqYM

"VII is dead forever"
"what is this"
"no it can't be"
"it's gotta be a movie"

I still watch Huber's reaction to Shenmue III at least once a week. You can't put a price on the kind of pure, unadulterated joy that emanates from that man once he sees the petals falling on the screen. It's feel-good viewing, especially for a fellow fan.

I had the complete opposite reaction to seeing that reveal live. I just sat there dumbfounded, mouth agape, as if I couldn't believe it was actually happening.

shmoglish

My stepdaughter woke up for her bottle of Milk a few minutes before the conference started and I decided to watch it. Great to see shenmue and tlg, but when they showed FF7 ( the moment I saw Cloud) I really had tears in my eyes and my whole body shivered. This was really great...

And the gt reactionsvids are great. Love them for the emotions.

alterno69

Banned
I think time will only make us realize how one of a kind and GOAT this conference was, i mean, how could they possibly top THAT?

No fucking way.

Just rewatch the gametrailers reaction for the millionth time. Cant get enough of them feels.. So good :'-) . I remember watching the conference live myself and standing up and screaming HOLY SHIIIIIT HOLY SHIIIIIT HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT in front of my tv. So good.

Sony just gets it.

This conference. This was for the players

And yet.. next year Rockstar could announce RDR2, Gabe could come out and announce HL3 and Sony could announce return of Crash.

:)

To make it perfect Rockstar could just at the end quickly mumble while Sony isn't looking "Oh and the RDR PC port is on it's way guys".

Thanks for bumping this. I really needed to relive the joy of that day after all the stress... nope. Not going there. I'll just rewatch GT's reaction video and smile.

Watch the FFVII reveals from different theaters filled with Playstation fans for some pure, uncut emotion.

Theater 1
Theater 2

I wish the fans in Wisconsin had this kind of reaction. There was applause and cheering, but nothing like this.

It's definately A conference, easily one of the best but it could be topped. I'm in the killjoy camp that thinks the ''big 3'' wasn't actually really even the thing that made the conference great for me personally (outside of great reactions), Horizon and Uncharted are the ones that stole the show.

Shenmue 3 I am ready to admit I have absolutely zero personal interest in the series. I have never even seen anyone play the earlier games and the lack of HD collection for PC/PS platform just makes me not even try to get invested. Also while it definately was a brilliant move from Sony to have it on the show they shouldn't be put on a pedastal too much since it indeed is not their project. I'm glad Huber doesn't have to stress about it anymore.

Last Guardian I am more interested in and will play. But it is a game that was announced years ago and we already knew it was still being worked on (I don't see why Yoshida would lie about the project resets ect. The only weird thing was that one blurp from Tretton and I think they went back on it fast.) This was not a surprise and the gameplay demo was exactly as I thought it would look like, the same but little cleaner. I'm happy it showed but I ain't giving no bonus points for it.

Final Fantasy 7. Now this is an announcement that should really get to me but I just can't let myself be too hyped (OT but it kinda makes me feel like Resident Evil 2 remake. It has been my most wanted game for over 10 years but current Capcom just brings me down so much I cannot let myself be excited before they prove themselves). SE has so much to prove in both making it as charming as the original title and actually getting the damn game out. This just screams of a wayyy too early announcement unless they have a fuckin gameplay demo at PSX/JF. Now if they had shown cool gameplay and ''2016'' it would have been a totally different story. I'm happy this game is finally being made but this was not the way to announce it for this fuckin company. I do have to admit that the trailer was wayyyy classier than what I would have expected.

But even with all my critiques these 3 are still easily in the positive category. But you could easily top any of these for me even with a new IP with tangible release period and cool gameplay. Speaking of which...

Horizon is easily the highlight of the show as seen in the GAF game of the show voting. This is how you do a game reveal, setting the tone, gameplay, and perfect introduction. Compare Herman Hulst giving a 20 second intro for the trailer to David Cage spending 4 minutes bumbling on stage explaining the game that the following trailer fuckin explains. They let the game speak for itself and it was effective. The only sad thing is that the game was leaked, it would have been a real shocker I feel.

Uncharted 4. I'm a bit bummed about the fact that it was announced too early but it was an excellent showing for the title. 99% gameplay, looks fun, graphically impressive. And personally I'm a total sucker for any over the top object physics in games. Another game that just spoke for itself.

Man, if Ninty had a great show it could have easily been the best E3 ever but they really dragged the big 3 down. Can you imagine if they had the NX reveal at this event?

This E3 will never be topped in the history of ever. Because there are no 3 other games worthy to be called the holy trinity. Sony (or MS or Nintendo for that matter) could announce an exclusive GTA AND HL3 deal, it would still not be enough to beat this one. That said, Sony raised the bar for future conferences to a level they just wont be able to reach ever again...

This E3 will never be topped in the history of ever. Because there are no 3 other games worthy to be called the holy trinity. Sony (or MS or Nintendo for that matter) could announce an exclusive GTA AND HL3 deal, it would still not be enough to beat this one. That said, Sony raised the bar for future conferences to a level they just wont be able to reach ever again...

Yeah there's nothing that can beat the holy trinity. I mean... We have

Crash Bandicoot
Half Life 3
Agent
Red Dead 3
Chrono something
PT revival or Kojima exclusivity
ZOE3 (lol)
New Metroid
And many many more.

But we are talking about 3 games in a single conference (+ horizon) one after another.
Even if one or more of the games i listed will get announced, it will be a single announcement.

I mean, we already had Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV reveal in 2013 and it was nothing like this! It's really crazy if you think about it.

Edit: and the games in the holy trinity have years and years of expectation behind them. So, even some of the games i listed aren't in the same league.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could relive that week again, pure amazingness everywhere. The excitement was palpable everywhere. Heck, I wish I could've been in one of those theaters, that must have been bloody amazing.

Vinc

I was at the theater watching this, it pretty much put me in a good mood for days. It was incredible. I hope another conference can top it one day, I'm sure we can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom