• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Banned
Extreme lol.

Just imagine it with the console tech today.....

giphy.gif

Hate to say, I bought the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus remaster on PS3, started Ico first and found the camera to be very frustrating but fought through it, then got to Shadow of the Colossus and found the controls to be very frustrating. Packed it up and sold it after the second or third colossus. Theoretically I'd be down for a remake with refined controls.
It is one of my favorite games ever and I agree that the controls are frustrating. A remake would be excellent for that and other reasons.

Lingitiz

Ive been pleasantly surprised they have forgone sales talks since the PS4 launched.

Jack Tretton must be pissed lol

Nobody has really done sales talk at E3 since the MS press conference in 2009. That was really the first that went full spectacle and less of an actual "press conference."

Anything Destiny is anti-hype. It's any good conference's one weakness, like kryptonite

Eh, I'm interested in what they have to show of D2 even tho I usually groaned at the Destiny stuff post launch. Destiny was a fine game and the sequel has potential to be even better.

silva1991

Anything Destiny is anti-hype. It's any good conference's one weakness, like kryptonite

Funny you said that since I'm watching Smallville for the first time(yeah very late to the party)

I agree with you. CoD is one thing, but potentially both CoD and Destiny 2? Ugh.

UzukiDvog

Neo Member
Is GenDesign / Fumito Ueda working on a new game? Now that they've done with TLG. Imagine if they announce something like "Rise of the Colossus" a new colossus game in other universe not relationed with Trico series. That can be a megaton for sure.

AndyVirus

How big is the Destiny event on Thursday? If they show enough gameplay then maybe (hopefully) it gets limited to just a trailer at E3. Certainly seems bigger than the Call of Duty one the other week that had a trailer and the rest filled with just talk. CoD will obviously get 7-10 minutes in the press conference.

True Fire

I agree. If anything kills Sony's conference, it'll be the contractually obliged AAA borefests.

Microsoft and Nintendo both have new consoles to promote, so I imagine they're going to be showing off a bunch of new exclusives.

Sony still has to show off new trailers for Spider-Man, God of War, TLOU2, Knack 2, the zombie motorcycle game, Death Stranding, etc etc. Not a lot of wiggle room.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
You never know, Japan Studio may have something big in the oven after TLG and GR2 shipped.

In all seriousness since I think you mean Knack 2, it's a shame that Sony avoids first-party JRPG's now. They have a few IP's to work with, it's not like they'd have to start from scratch, but nope, nothing.

I agree. If anything kills Sony's conference, it'll be the contractually obliged AAA borefests.

Microsoft and Nintendo both have new consoles to promote, so I imagine they're going to be showing off a bunch of new exclusives.

Sony still has to show off new trailers for Spider-Man, God of War, TLOU2, Knack 2, the zombie motorcycle game, Death Stranding, etc etc. Not a lot of wiggle room.

They gotta pay the bills. There's millions of people waiting to see D2, including me. All we can do is hope that they make it interesting enough and not have demos on stage.

I would not mind a peek at Call of Duty's WW2 take on Doomsday. It should be a graphical showcase if you've ever seen one.

As long as they drop the bombs, I'm 😊 good

kevin1025

Banned

You're definitely right, but I think that was because every time after Destiny 1 released, it was add-ons and such that while substantial to the fans, it wasn't substantial to anyone else. A whole new game is something else, at least!

They gotta pay the bills. There's millions of people waiting to see D2, including me. All we can do is hope that they make it interesting enough and not have demos on stage.

I would not mind a peek at Call of Duty's WW2 take on Doomsday. It should be a graphical showcase if you've ever seen one.

As long as they drop the bombs, I'm 😊 good
This.

I wish people would get over the fact that third parties are going to be at the show. That doesn't impact other announcements. Either Sony has big, new announcements or they don't.

This.

I wish people would get over the fact that third parties are going to be at the show. That doesn't impact other announcements. Either Sony has big, new announcements or they don't.
Third party games will always present at E3 conferences. And not just Sony's. You'll still get your exclusive games. People need to stop crying about the same dumb shit every year.

Kyoufu

You're definitely right, but I think that was because every time after Destiny 1 released, it was add-ons and such that while substantial to the fans, it wasn't substantial to anyone else. A whole new game is something else, at least!

I thought The Taken King's trailer was great tbh. Bungie's Destiny trailers and presentations have been on point and I'm sure Destiny 2 this week and at E3 will be grand. Very excited.

Rainer70

I thought The Taken King's trailer was great tbh. Bungie's Destiny trailers and presentations have been on point and I'm sure Destiny 2 this week and at E3 will be grand. Very excited.

I'd rather not see Destiny on the main stage if what they plan to show is just more of what we're gonna get on Thursday. If gameplay world premiere was at E3, that'd be a different story.

Kyoufu

I'd rather not see Destiny on the main stage if what they plan to show is just more of what we're gonna get on Thursday. If gameplay world premiere was at E3, that'd be a different story.

It'll probably be a story/action trailer of sorts like the one that opened E3 2014. Maybe. Loved that presentation as well, especially with the galaxy map spanning across the giant wide screen.

Auctopus

Kojima will probably be there. But the real question is which actor has he made friends with this year and decided to add to the cast via a 4 minute cinematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom