• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to quit complaining about third party AAA titles showing up. Seriously, what's the problem? Sony will have their first party announcements as well. The third party stuff is not a snooze fest.

While I tend to hate any Call of Duty and sports game segments that might pop up, at the very least, they're dope demonstrations of their graphical horsepower. Worst case, they're a perfect opportunity to go use the bathroom and re-up on food lol.

But them being there doesn't mean less of the exclusive content.

sense

Maybe they are a snooze fest for those people. For a lot of GAF the exclusive content is the main course
Yea but it is kinda unfair to complain about them being shown or expect the entire conference to please these people when they have a console to sell to continue making their favorite games.

alemmon

People need to quit complaining about third party AAA titles showing up. Seriously, what's the problem? Sony will have their first party announcements as well. The third party stuff is not a snooze fest.

I think it depends on the exposure before hand. Last year, Call of Duty and Resident Evil 7 were awesome. However anytime I see Destiny and Star Wars Battlefront.... I mentally check out. Its not that I dont care about the games but by the point Sony has their show... I have seen enough of these games.

While I tend to hate any Call of Duty and sports game segments that might pop up, at the very least, they're dope demonstrations of their graphical horsepower. Worst case, they're a perfect opportunity to go use the bathroom and re-up on food lol.

But them being there doesn't mean less of the exclusive content.
The bold is the problem. People assume that for whatever reason.

Maybe they are a snooze fest for those people. For a lot of GAF the exclusive content is the main course

Of course but they should also know by now that the show is for everyone .
So complaining every year not going to change anything when it comes to big 3rd party games.
The show is also marketing and showing off your system is best for everyone .

RAIDEN1

I want to hear some news on if they plan to ramp up the amount of PS2 games they'd bring to the PS4....not likely I know, but in an ideal world it would happen!

Neonep

I really doubt we see anything Armored Core at E3. That series is very niche. No matter how respected FROMSOFTWARE has become, I think we see this game at a gamescom, tgs or psx if they are gonna announce it. Their next dark fantasy game will surely make the stage if they have anything to show. All other games u mentioned, sick!
Armored Core 6 definitely feels like a TGS announcement.

Eylos

Banned
For an available today announcement i would love ffix PS4 Port or Chrono trigger with trophies

Hell even ffviii that i hate half of the game i would enjoy

schaft0620

Not even Gaf, the millions and millions of people that bought Destiny, COD and Battlefront. It's Sony's bread and butter right now. Games like Shenmue are exciting but, COD is a Billion dollar franchise. Shenmue hasn't hit $10 million yet!

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'm going to continue to pray at the altar of Squeenix and hope that Nomura makes an appearance to show off KHIII and FFVII Remake :'(
Honest question: between those two games and Death Stranding, which do we think will release first/second/third?

Their presence (or lack of presence) at the show will obviously change the answer, so I'm curious to know what everyone's thinking now, and if it changes after E3

hopefully this two will reunite

Comic-Con-2014-Autograph-Session-Kojima-and-Nomura.jpg

The God

Of course 3rd parties are important but I'm not gonna say people shouldn't complain because of that fact. Nothing wrong with saying you hope to see less of X and more of Y

I think that's why I'm looking so much forward to this Presser. Considering what Sony has coming out, there's literally zero chance that this doesn't end up being an A at least. As I've said multiple times, Sony just seems to "get" E3 and has the press conference format down to a science.

Honest question: between those two games and Death Stranding, which do we think will release first/second/third?

Their presence (or lack of presence) at the show will obviously change the answer, so I'm curious to know what everyone's thinking now, and if it changes after E3

Pfft...gun to my head, I would go KHIII/FFVII Remake Episode 1/Death Stranding. DS was literally just announced last year at E3 and didn't even have an engine ready, so considering we've seen actual gameplay from the first two I'd say those have a better chance of an appearance. That said I don't think any of them are 2017 games, 2018 at the ABSOLUTE earliest for KHIII.

Elfstruck

I don't think anyone said that, just that they'd rather see more exclusive content than 3rd parties. I think that's fine even if it's unrealistic.

GAF isn't representative of everyone. E3 happens only once a year, and it gives devs the chance to show off their games. Most of the audiences won't care if it's multiplat, exclusive or indies being shown. Only on GAF where you see people complaining about multiplat games being shown at Sony and MS conf.

The God

GAF isn't representative of everyone. E3 happens only once a year, and it gives devs the chance to show off their games. Most of the audiences won't care if it's multiplat, exclusive or indies being shown. Only on GAF where you see people complaining about multiplat games being shown at Sony and MS conf.

I didn't say or argue against any of this lol

aly

Of course 3rd parties are important but I'm not gonna say people shouldn't complain because of that fact. Nothing wrong with saying you hope to see less of X and more of Y

But whats the point of saying it repeatedly or complaining when you know its not going to change? I guess that's my line of thought every time someones hopes not to see some major third party game. It's like setting yourself up for disappointment.

est1992

I don't get why people don't want these third party games at the Sony conference. They're only gonna show what they have/want to show. Just because you take out a third party game doesn't mean that now Sony magically has another first party game they want to show, nor will it make them want to show more of their first party games.

Gurish

If the rumor in Destiny thread is true, Sony is clueless. A new PS4 that competes with Scorpio? Why?

No way is Sony gonna bother so much because a console that is 35-40% more powerful is coming out soon, they are selling more than 2:1 why would they go into panic mode it makes no sense.

orochi91

If the rumor in Destiny thread is true, Sony is clueless. A new PS4 that competes with Scorpio? Why?
That would be some stunning bullshit.

Releasing another upgraded PS4, barely a year after the Pro, would be such a dick move.

The backlash from the gaming community will be insane, and rightfully so.

Stealth50

The backlash from the gaming community will be insane, and rightfully so.
Oh no! How will I ever be able to enjoy a game again with the knowledge that someone out there is playing the same game with better settings? The Horror!

I really hope this is true and that we can put the ancient concept of generations behind us once and for all.

bombshell

What rumor? Can you post it here?

I think it's this post, point 3.

I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

DKHF

I don't like the idea of another graphically upgraded PS4 and especially not one releasing this year.

If anything, assuming this is legit (which I'm sceptical of) seeing the rumour I first thought maybe it could come in 2018 bridging the gap between PS4 Pro in 2016 and PS5 in 2020 and Sony are giving Bungie the specs now since Destiny 2 will still be thriving when that would come out. I still don't want that to happen but it would make a bit more sense than an upgrade over the Pro one year later and would be less likely to anger Pro owners. But if he says it's to compete with Scorpio then that definitely makes it seem like it would be a 2017 launch.

I don't think this is actually happening but if it is it's a bad move.

Oh no! How will I ever be able to enjoy a game again with the knowledge that someone out there is playing the same game with better settings? The Horror!

I really hope this is true and that we can put the ancient concept of generations behind us once and for all.

Well a new PS4 system every year is kinda ridiculous imo.
At least an upgrade every 3 years makes sense.

Would be interesting to see how market would react to such a new approach though.

Woodchipper

I can't help but feel this is gonna be a lame ass show compared to the last two years. I hope they prove me wrong, but it feels like they've already thrown every surprise they had at us, except Sucker Punch's new game, wich I don't think will be that big of a deal.

Laplasakos

I think it's this post, point 3.

Thanks.

Hmmm, i think that last month there was a rumor/prediction from an analyst that Sony will announce a new PS4 model this year. I wonder if it's true. A new PS4 model could mean anything. From a slimmer PRO version to a portable one.

Pennywise

I don't like the idea of another graphically upgraded PS4 and especially not one releasing this year.

If anything, assuming this is legit (which I'm sceptical of) seeing the rumour I first thought maybe it could come in 2018 bridging the gap between PS4 Pro in 2016 and PS5 in 2020 and Sony are giving Bungie the specs now since Destiny 2 will still be thriving when that would come out. I still don't want that to happen but it would make a bit more sense than an upgrade over the Pro one year later and would be less likely to anger Pro owners. But if he says it's to compete with Scorpio then that definitely makes it seem like it would be a 2017 launch.

I don't think this is actually happening but if it is it's a bad move.
It's someone posting rumors without being willed to reveal his sources (not to the public obviously, but to the mods).

We could all post any kinds of rumors out of our asses and fabricate stuff. Not necessary to even waste time to think about rumors like that.

DieH@rd

Banned
I can't help but feel this is gonna be a lame ass show compared to the last two years. I hope they prove me wrong, but it feels like they've already thrown every surprise they had at us, except Sucker Punch's new game, wich I don't think will be that big of a deal.

Surprises are not all that is needed for a good show. Gameplay showcases of God of War, RDR2, Spiderman, Dreams, Days Gone, Detroit... Plus, we don't know what Sucker Punch is doing, and there is a chance StudiosJapan/FROM have some projects in the pipeline also.

They have so much quality games that are yet to be released, they can easily fill up 1hr of presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom