• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Press Conference 6/9/14 @ 6PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

Glad at the timing. It will give Sony time to repurpose their slides and information to counteract whatever Microsoft says.

/s

aravuus

Ah fuck, literally just realized this is going to start at 4am where I live. I really hope I don't have to work the next day.

DieH@rd

Banned
Ah fuck, literally just realized this is going to start at 4am where I live. I really hope I don't have to work the next day.

czyzgg.png

If you cant watch E3 live, you can jump into these threads and wait for links for later viewing/recaps.

Like I've said, I wanne see Sony Bends new IP ^_^

both syphon filter dark mirror and logan's shadow were really underrated. I was blown away by those games, i couldn't believe how good they were. but, golden abyss was rather poor...

they must have suffered a lot of staff turnover after finishing those syphon filter games. who knows how much talent is left at the studio? i am interested in their next game though

they must have suffered a lot of staff turnover after finishing those syphon filter games. who knows how much talent is left at the studio? i am interested in their next game though

Around 60+ people, assumed. It's extremely hard to pinpoint how many talent are at Bend, because a lot of them at LinkedIn simply tag their job as SCEA, not necessarily specifying their exact studio location of Oregon.

Glad at the timing. It will give Sony time to repurpose their slides and information to counteract whatever Microsoft says.

/s

Them CGI farms will be ready to churn out some sweet last minute retaliation in form of:

- Colony Wars Morpheus (if MS shows some kind of VR device or they team up with Oculus)
- Legend of Dragoon 2 and FFVII remake (if MS has some solid JRPG exclusives)
- GT7 (if MS shows Horizon 2)

Around 60+ people, assumed. It's extremely hard to pinpoint how many talent are at Bend, because a lot of them at LinkedIn simply tag their job as SCEA, not necessarily specifying their exact studio location of Oregon.

that is sad. i hope they retained the talented staff that worked on those two syphone filter games and hopefully they will get their time in the limelight once they show their PS4 game.

Guerrilla Cambridge is in the same boat.

that is sad. i hope they retained the talented staff that worked on those two syphone filter games and hopefully they will get their time in the limelight once they show their PS4 game.

Guerrilla Cambridge is in the same boat.

Cambridge and Bend are two studios that are somewhat in an identity crisis.

This might sound like a sad thing to both studios, but personally, I was hoping that Cambridge and Bend could 'inherit' Killzone and Uncharted from Guerilla/ND and use that as a platform to expand their studio on the back of established franchises that will at least be profitable on the back of the brand.

And then use that increased resources to pave the way and build their own studio brand, which right now, is neither here nor there due to years of being less relevant in the WWS family.

Cambridge and Bend are two studios that are somewhat in an identity crisis.

This might sound like a sad thing to both studios, but personally, I was hoping that Cambridge and Bend could 'inherit' Killzone and Uncharted from Guerilla/ND and use that as a platform to expand their studio on the back of established franchises that will at least be profitable on the back of the brand.

And then use that increased resources to pave the way and build their own studio brand, which right now, is neither here nor there due to years of being less relevant in the WWS family.

This is exactly what I was saying last year. ND should have handed Uncharted to Bend. Look at what happened at ND, the main person behind Uncharted is gone...they should invested in a new ip.

Great point though

This is exactly what I was saying last year. ND should have handed Uncharted to Bend. Look at what happened at ND, the main person behind Uncharted is gone...they should invested in a new ip.

Great point though

Well, to be fair, thinking back... ND needs to build those high-quality Uncharted PS4 assets first, no? =p

With that being said, I still hope that Bend's new game can deliver on its own. If Bend can pave their own destiny, that's even better than being forced to be an Uncharted factory.

Well, to be fair, thinking back... ND needs to build those high-quality Uncharted PS4 assets first, no? =p

With that being said, I still hope that Bend's new game can deliver on its own. If Bend can pave their own destiny, that's even better than being forced to be an Uncharted factory.
True. I hope their game is shown at e3.

To be honest with you I would prefer it if ND's debut on PS4 was a new IP.

I would take a new IP every time on a new platform, even if we are talking about devs of my favourite series.

It doesn't have to be something radically different each time. Just new story, setting, different approach to gameplay etc.

This is also the reason I am really hoping that SSM are NOT making their debut on PS4 with another GoW. Please!

Just rsvp'd for the Sony conference... Between MS in the morning and Sony at night, I'm not sure I'll be able to survive all of the hype.

If I don't make it, it was a pleasure riding the hype train with you all.

(-_-)7

Kssio_Aug

To be honest with you I would prefer it if ND's debut on PS4 was a new IP.

I would take a new IP every time on a new platform, even if we are talking about devs of my favourite series.

It doesn't have to be something radically different each time. Just new story, setting, different approach to gameplay etc.

This is also the reason I am really hoping that SSM are NOT making their debut on PS4 with another GoW. Please!

I wouldnt mind if ND came out with a new IP either. I mean, each new gen they brought new gems! But Im very excited for a new Uncharted game, that was my favorite IP last gen.

You're in luck, because they're debuting in a few months time with a new IP*!

*one-year old, released on last-gen.

Well er...yeah, aside from re-makes I mean :)

Listen, if it does transpire in the end that nearly all of Sony's major internal devs have been working on/worked on sequels for their PS4 debut (Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted 4, God of War 4) I will be seriously pissed. That's two sequels too many imo.

Surely this would be the first time that the transition from an old gen to a new has been so stuffed with sequels in terms of AAAA development from Sony WWS.

EGOMON

This E3 Sony can make it the best in history i know they have a lot projects but they keep them hidden for other conferences i for one would love a series megatons so the internet can explode lol

Well er...yeah, aside from re-makes I mean :)

Listen, if it does transpire in the end that nearly all of Sony's major internal devs have been working on/worked on sequels for their PS4 debut (Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted 4, God of War 4) I will be seriously pissed. That's two sequels too many imo.

Surely this would be the first time that the transition from an old gen to a new has been so stuffed with sequels in terms of AAAA development from Sony WWS.

Well, be concerned for Sucker Punch/Nate Fox at least... The dude seems to like inFamous a bit too much.

inFamous sequels could involve “any age, gender [or] time”, like Assassin’s Creed “spiritually”

As for the rest of the studios, I expect ND and GG to flex their creativity muscles soon. As for SSM... personally I suspect Barlog's project is still going to be a GoW project, but let's hope it's a huge departure enough that it's almost a new IP.

A Norse mythology take on GoW, borrowing from Valkyria Profile ( Einhenjar Kratos and a Valkyrie ) would be my ideal GoW reboot.

Well, be concerned for Sucker Punch/Nate Fox at least... The dude seems to like inFamous a bit too much.

inFamous sequels could involve “any age, gender [or] time”, like Assassin’s Creed “spiritually”

As for the rest of the studios, I expect ND and GG to flex their creativity muscles soon. As for SSM... personally I suspect Barlog's project is still going to be a GoW project, but let's hope it's a huge departure enough that it's almost a new IP.

A Norse mythology take on GoW, borrowing from Valkyria Profile ( Einhenjar Kratos and a Valkyrie ) would be my ideal GoW reboot.

Yeah I would have no problem with a different take on GoW at all. Would be quite exciting.

But slightly concerning about SP. Not saying the Infamous games aren't good, but why not try something else? They are quite the wizards utilising the PS4's power, why not create something new and incredible.

I keep saying this, but ND is a prime example. Despite having made the critically acclaimed Uncharted series and after having released an U3, what did they do?

They took a bit of a risk. They made a new i.p that went on the sell around 7 million copies (and counting) and won 200 GotY awards. Sure, they hit the jackpot with that game, but I don't buy this corporate nonsense about new i.p's being too risky. Fuck that.

Every gamer should always ask for new i.p's otherwise the life will be sucked out of the industry if you tolerate more of the same all of the time.

Pleeeeaaase let me in ! My body is ready !

add me to the train/submarine/any hype transport please!

really hoping for more Vita news good news

If there is a bird, then there should be a cat too. Rixa wants to Meeoow train too.

I'll join the hype train, I'm all sorts of excited to see what's in store.

A ticket to the hype train/sub/ship/etc please :D

Legendary gifs in this thread :)

Dont leave me here, i want to be onboard of the HYPE TRAIN !!!

I'm in - what hype vehicles have seats available?

Room for one more on that hype train???
All aboard! Welcome to the Helghast cruiser
knNJvzp.jpg

Going to go out on transit now

could post on mobile but sadly I won't be able to add more people for now

Dusky

I wish I knew wtf was going on with the camera at the beginning there.

Isn't it just because the screen is blank? All the audience can hear are the noises and there's no need for the camera to be on the screen at that point, unless I've misunderstood and you're questioning the weird panning shit?

afair, yosp was apologizing afterwards because the direction team did a pretty bad work.

That was Gamescom, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom