• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference (PART 2); June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

How the hell am I supposed to fall sleep with all this hype?

ibf1hHjzinurwg.gif

jiggle

also remember what famousmortimer said
sony may bust out DS2/KH3 early if needed

i just hope they are not anchoring with old news like FFversus(XV) and/or TLG!

I-hate-u

timed exclusive announcements(LOL) are but a facade

Yeah but the immediate effect of timed exclusive announcements are pretty big. Think about it:
-MS wins best of show due to having games that are seemingly exclusives more so than Sony.
-The media raves how MS were able to have a strong showcase of games plus various media services that were previously announced. Best of both worlds scenario.
-Due to the media, people are get caught in the immediate hype therefore shifting the tides in MS favor.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If they have secret stuff saved up for gamescom or TGS, it would be good if they can have it on standby depending on how strong MS' conference is

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
But if what people are saying is true, MS could reverse the situation due to a stronger line-up than Sony.

If people have issues with Microsoft's DRM policies, they should have issues with them no matter what games are shown. The games shouldn't make their policies any more/less acceptable. Gamers are a fickle bunch though and Microsoft know it, so they will throw money at people to show games and people will buy the system and in a couple of years people won't be bothered by these DRM issues.

I fully expect Microsoft's show to be more impressive, it kind of has to be, but I think 90% of things worth showing will be on PS4 too. The same will probably apply to Sony's show (maybe slightly better first party showing).

As someone who fully expect to buy both systems, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the shows, I just hope money-hats on either side don't cockblock meaningful content on either platform. I don't give a shit about exclusive DLC, but artificially holding back a whole release on a rival platform is shitty.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna be intense seeing this live at 3am... already tired ._.

Where the hell is all this talk of MS having Sony beat games wise coming from? Is this some darkest before the dawn effect where people are getting worried at the last minute Sony wont deliver or is this just wishful dreams that Microsoft can counter their terrible reveal so far? Everything i have read so far doesnt scream they have anything major, maybe DR3 exclusive, TitanFall possibly exclusive/timed exclusive, some dlc from Capcom. What else?

Ugh, I'm in Switzerland today and tomorrow for business, that means 3am-5am. Man it's going to be an early night for me and then I'll wake up at 3am for the conference.

It's 9am. :/

The first conference, Microsoft's is at 5:30pm for us. Sony's at 2am.

it's 4:05am here in New Jersey and I can't sleep, already decided to tough it out, think I might go on a bike ride, the city is sleep at this time and it's quite cool outside

this is going to be one long ass wait

AngryMoth

It has 100% to do with The Last of Us. Nothing to see, really.
Ok thanks. Well I'm still hopeful for a new IP

This so much. I waited for those games for too long, I was done being excited about them a long time ago now. It will be nice if they do show up since clearly a lot of people still care, but I really hope those aren't their biggest surprises

checking in... looooonnnnng day ahead, my missus got her shopping list to bring me loads of energy drinks, doritos and smokes... for when she finishes work lol

neos

Just got a call, i have to do a drug test @8 am 40km away from my house.
If the conference ends at 5 am looks like i'll have 2 hour of bedtime, in which i'll probably have wet dreams about ps4.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
My day is fully planned...

9:00 - 5:30 work (ocassionally checking GAF)
5:30pm MS conference
eat
9pm Game of Thrones
10pm Catch up on highlights of EA conf
11pm sleep
2am Sony
4am sleep

What a day!

Where the hell is all this talk of MS having Sony beat games wise coming from? Is this some darkest before the dawn effect where people are getting worried at the last minute Sony wont deliver or is this just wishful dreams that Microsoft can counter their terrible reveal so far? Everything i have read so far doesnt scream they have anything major, maybe DR3 exclusive, TitanFall possibly exclusive/timed exclusive, some dlc from Capcom. What else?

Nothing else don't know why people getting all sort of crazy .
Guess everything gone back to being Xbone exclusive .
MS going to show some 3rd party games but most of the big ones already had there coming out party IMO .

Saberus

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.. MS has Sony beat? how did someone pull that one out? well, guess some are trying to keep the dream alive.

If people have issues with Microsoft's DRM policies, they should have issues with them no matter what games are shown. The games shouldn't make their policies any more/less acceptable. Gamers are a fickle bunch though and Microsoft know it, so they will throw money at people to show games and people will buy the system and in a couple of years people won't be bothered by these DRM issues.

Day1 for Xbone was out of the question since the reveal, the closer we were getting to E3 and the more Infos/leaks about the Xbone and its DRM surfaced, the further down it went on my to-buy list. Today it's gone, I'll never buy one as long as this DRM shite is active. Don't care about MS exclusives, many will be on PC anyway and there will still be enough games on WiiU/Vita and hopefully DRMfree PS4.

Mario007

Ugh, I'm in Switzerland today and tomorrow for business, that means 3am-5am. Man it's going to be an early night for me and then I'll wake up at 3am for the conference.
There's a spoiler free thread for all of the conferences here on gaf. I'm in Shanghai at the moment so there is no way I can watch them all, so I'll be watching the repeats and avoiding gaf tomorrow.

Ugh. Gonna have to watch the conference on my iPhone (if its possible. Is it??) or my ps3. I recently lost my laptop. :(

Anyway, are there any confirmed reveals? Are people assuming we'll see second son or is that a fact?

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
It's 4:15 (Philly) and I cannot goto sleep because I keep thinking about today's conference's. Wth hell is wrong with me??? Lol!!!

slider

eat
9pm Game of Thrones
11pm sleep
2am Sony
4am sleep

What a day!

Wish I was as organised as you. I'll struggle through somehow I guess.

eat
9pm Game of Thrones
11pm sleep
2am Sony
4am sleep

What a day!

This is my exact schedule, to the point that I'm occasionally checking Neogaf as we speak

My boss refused my request to take tomorrow off.... so I have to stay up all night till the time of Sony conf which start at 4 A:M in my country then head to the work like a zombie :(

Microsoft could have 100+ games ready to be announced at E3 for all I care; it doesn't change the fact that all those games will still be on the Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom