• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Europe: PS3 is next gen, Wii and 360- "current gen"

FtsH

kevm3 said:
Sony just needs to shut up and show the games. They're getting whipped and STILL running their mouths. Pathetic.
If they had anything to show they would have shut up already.

HomShaBom

Banned
asiansoncoastertz3.jpg

So much spin.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is there a contest at sony HQ to see who can say the most stupid outlandish thing to the press?

No see, Sony is beating Nintendo and Microsoft to the punch where it matters: in the future. By launching a next-next-gen platform and skipping this gen, they're getting a 10 (?) year head start. Imagine how large their install base will be when the two losers finally catch up!

This is possible because the PS3 is capable of 4D, which naturally means it can manipulate the flow of time.

Also, lolz.

Wiitard

Banned
wonderfuldays said:
The end begins

No it does not. The end began at E3. Now the end ended.

Nothing they say, do or release from this point on this generation will have any significant effect on their fate or the fate of they competitors. This gen their will have a status of a mid-weight player, arguably less important than EA or Ubisoft.

Bildi

Laugh all you want guys, but catchy statements like this will sell consoles:

Maquire said:
I believe we've stepped over the current next-gen to create the real next-generation...

We're into a hi-def existence, we're into the next part of the entertainment world...

We're not hooked into a world which was technologically average two years ago...

If consoles had penises, PS3's would undoubtedly be bigger, and it would be real next-gen which is after the next-gen which you'll recall we're stepping over, puny humans
Sell consoles, I say.

Wiitard said:
Nothing they say, do or release from this point on this generation will have any significant effect on their fate or the fate of they competitors.

If that point hasn't been reached already, it never will. It will only take one or two highly-anticipated releases for the PS3 and suddenly anyone with the audacity to continue jeering at them will be "mindless fanboy drones" who don't like healthy competition in the industry and take gaming too seriously.

Pazuzu

Banned
The PS3 is an awesome console, but it's not a generation ahead of the competition, far from it. Everytime Sony says something stupid like this a little part of me dies...then laughs. :lol

dankir

JEEZ the bloody execs need to shut the hell up. Every month they say something exponentially more retarded than what was said the month prior? It can't keep on going like this, CLEAN UP SHOP SONY FIRE EVERYBODY BUT PHIL!

----

Banned
What happened to the healthy self-deprecating GDC attitude, I see Sony has shifted back into blind arrogance mode.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Seriously, why isn't there an official NeoGAF Sony PR drinking game yet?

EDIT: Though maybe that's a good thing, too many people would die from alcohol poisoning if someone made this.

Wiitard

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
If that point hasn't been reached already, it never will. It will only take one or two highly-anticipated releases for the PS3 and suddenly anyone with the audacity to continue jeering at them will be "mindless fanboy drones" who don't like healthy competition in the industry and take gaming too seriously.

Well, they are investing heavily in development, surely a couple of interesting things will come up (although I would expect them to start downsizing the operation sooner rather then later). Those thing will likely be copied and affect the industry path in the future. There will be some excelent games for the system. Extreme enthusiasts who buy PS3 are not gonna regret it. However, this does not change then fact that this generation they are not a significant player, period. Deal with it.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
PS3 is so next-gen that people won't begin buying it for at least another 3 years.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
COMEDY.........GOLD!

I used to try to get to a comedy club once a month, but not anymore. I get all my funnies from Sony PR nowadays.

Jiggy

XiaNaphryz said:
Seriously, why isn't there an official NeoGAF Sony PR drinking game yet?
Because we'd get drunk enough that we might all go so far as to pay $599+ for a game console?

Raistlin

It all makes sense now ... and explains why the system isn't selling all that well.

Basically, the best metaphor is K-Fed's music. People simply aren't ready for it. In a few years, they'll be able to handle and accept it's complete and utter awesomeness.

I'm sorry but i don't see anything wrong with this statement.

We already know Wii is outdated tech, though that is the niche nintendo is going for.

Xbox360 is coming out with an update just to counter the Ps3, which pretty much admits defeat for the original version.

It's quite clear that PS3 is simply miles ahead of the competition.

XiaNaphryz

My Chemical Mouse said:

We already know Wii is outdated tech, though that is the niche nintendo is going for.

Xbox360 is coming out with an update just to counter the Ps3, which pretty much admits defeat for the original version.

meowst1.jpg

Dracos

My Chemical Mouse said:

:lol

Wiitard said:
However, this does not change then fact that this generation they are not a significant player, period. Deal with it.

As if I had some emotional investment in the company's success. They deserve anything that happens to them at this point, as unfortunate as it might be for the fans.

XiaNaphryz

PhoenixDark said:
This means the PS3 is the best selling next gen console. Someone hit up my boy Chad
And getting slaughtered by "current-gen" and even "last-gen" sales!

Top Bottom