• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Dusky

When they made Uncharted: Golden Abyss(2011) they had a core team of 55 people and they outsourced a lot.*
Since then they grew in size, I guess.

*According to the Uncharted: GA Post Mortem:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/181082/postmortem_sony_bend_studios_.php

From their site:
Founded in 1994, Bend Studio
is a team of over 40 veteran engineers, artists, designers, and support staff who are dedicated to excellence and innovation.

Not sure when it was last updated, but Bend have always been a fairly small studio and Sucker Punch are around 120 now. So no, they are not bigger than Sucker Punch.

Some Nobody

Now that we're like, a couple days off, I think the only thing I'm going to look for is more Uncharted. More than that might be setting my hopes too high.

EGOMON

I want something colorful and fun like Rachet & Clank or Jak & Dexter but new with multiplayer and shit ton of contents

Yup, I think a nice expansive RPG is just what the PS4 needs right now. I'd love to see a real breakthrough RPG series that has the potential for a new series of games:

We have many of the large categories covered:

- Shooter (Killzone)
- Platform (Knack/LBP)
- Third Person adventure/action (Order/Uncharted)
- Arcade (Resogun, indies galore)

- RPG (????)
- Fighting (???)

Salex_

Yup, I think a nice expansive RPG is just what the PS4 needs right now. I'd love to see a real breakthrough RPG series that has the potential for a new series of games:

- Fighting (???)

Guilty Gear Xrd will do a great job covering the fighters this fall. Can't wait to get it :)

- Shooter (Killzone)
- Platform (Knack/LBP)
- Third Person adventure/action (Order/Uncharted)
- Arcade (Resogun, indies galore)

- RPG (????)
- Fighting (???)

Bloodborne fits into the RPG category.

Kyoufu

Yah, sorta...

I guess I'm imagining something more expansive and classic. Something like KOTOR, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Fable (gag), etc.

GG's new IP fits that bill. Don't know if it's going to be at Gamescom though. Probably not.

I think Gamescom might leave many here disappointed. Does anyone remember if there were any major announcements at last years GC?
All I expect is new footage of already known games. I don't expect any major announcements but I'm fine with that.

delSai

I think Gamescom might leave many here disappointed. Does anyone remember if there were any major announcements at last years GC?
All I expect is new footage of already known games. I don't expect any major announcements but I'm fine with that.

They showed alot of Games last Year. Sure, most of 'em were smaller titles but Games like Rapture, Rime and so on could be considered "huge".

Rime, Rapture, Shadow of the Beast, Helldivers, and Murasaki Baby were announced at gamescom last year. They also announced R&:A4O and Resistance 3 at gamescom 2011. And Puppeteer and rain at the show in 2012.

Rand6

Same here, but I would love to see 1 or 2 new Vita game and a short trailer for Uncharted 4.

TimmiT

They've announced kinda big games at Gamescom before like Tearaway, Puppeteer and Resistance 3. Last year they had announced a bunch of downloadable games like Rime, Shadow of the Beast and Helldivers.

Can't wait

the-last-guardian-screenshot-1.jpg

Agent-game-logo.png

fixuis

In addition to knack 2 and an online enabled sports champions with table tennis intact, really want to see a MAG, Warhawk/Starhawk combo remaster as well as a new colony wars. Would make for some great surprises!

I just saw that Rushy tweeted that he's flying to Germany tomorrow. Would be a perfect opportunity for them to demo snow gameplay on stage.

In addition to knack 2 and an online enabled sports champions with table tennis intact, really want to see a MAG, Warhawk/Starhawk combo remaster as well as a new colony wars. Would make for some great surprises!

I actually enjoyed sports champions but it looked and felt so generic.

Would be great.
Sony need to step their 3rd party exclusive game up anyway.
Microsoft has Ryse, Dead Rising, Titanfall, PvZ, Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound.
Sony only has Deep Down.

Nah, they don't. Sony actually has a good first party to stand on, I'd rather they use their money for that. Third party exclusives will start drying up for MS anyways, given the current situation so it's probably not the best choice.

To put it in perspective, of all those "exclusives" you listed, only two are actually exclusive and for one of those two MS doesn't even own the IP. That's the problem.

Would be great.
Sony need to step their 3rd party exclusive game up anyway.
Microsoft has Ryse, Dead Rising, Titanfall, PvZ, Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound.
Sony only has Deep Down.
Isn't MS publishing Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound? Because that's not 3rd party. Titanfall and Dead Rising are.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hoping for some kind of Tekken 7 footage, but it's unlikely until TGS at the earliest.

Amir0x

Banned

There will be new games from Sony at Gamescom. That's a fact. Mark this post :)

I haven't heard anything about Microsoft, but there's pretty much no chance they won't have a few new things too.

Salex_

I'm so excited!!

No leaks or crazy rumors out there?

Here's new information from today.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124600667&postcount=885
The existence of the unannounced Japanese game info isn't new, but details and the part about the 45 minute demo for another unannounced game is.

Details about the JPN game
"This is pre-release information, so I can't write anything about it. I don't think it'll make the fall, so we'll have to wait a little bit longer than that."

"But I've seen actual gameplay, and it is really just breathtaking. I saw less than 10 minutes of the game, but I really have to take my hat off to the studio for their amazing work. Oh by the way, this isn't about Final Fantasy XV; I wonder when that one is going to be released…"

"But anyway, I am totally going to buy this!"
Doesn't that kind of hint towards a JRPG?

Top Bottom