• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

and no indies.

ibuTFrcq4HjNBQ.gif

ReaperXL7

Well it's definitely not any game that sells any number of systems like the poster I responded to implied ("...it won't sell any systems?"). Every single game would basically be a "system seller" at that point.

My definition is something like a Halo or major Mario related game, where it sells millions of copies and continues to sell for a long time and you see an uptick of console sales for months and months if not a year after the game's release. Mario Kart would be the most recent example of that.

Not much coming out of Japan these days does that except for the aforementioned Mario games, which don't really count since there's no way that's coming out for PS4. Monster Hunter is another one but that's in the handheld space.

How many Wii Us did Mario 3D world sell again?

I'm not sure what I'm expecting to see from Sony's press conference to be honest. We know that GG and Media Molecule both have games that are under wraps still, as well as London. I'm pretty excited for the possibilities considering the industry seems to take Gamescom more seriously each year.

sn00zer

New Housmarque game title will be at least 14 characters
https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/498753674542206976

There current profile is 146 characters long without the 'more' included, thus there new title must be at least 14 character long.... and its time for bed

EDIT: Who wants to crowd source to fins recent Sony copyright filings for game titles that are at least 14 characters long? Cuz I dont
DBL EDIT: Hahaha holy shit... could it be The Hungry Horde

jwtsonga

Why does seth rogen hate indies??? Indie games may not have teh grafix, but they have better gameplay and sometimes better stories than most AAA games. Once you try one good indie game, such as Thomas Was Alone, AAA does not seem as impressive...
Heck, here is a browser flash indie game which is the most atmospheric thing I have played this year, everyone has to play it (takes 5 minutes):

http://timsoret.itch.io/the-last-night

I would give that a legit 9/10

(Use earphones/headphones to appreciate the amazing soundtrack)

jaosobno

Why does seth rogen hate indies??? Indie games may not have teh grafix, but they have better gameplay and sometimes better stories than most AAA games. Once you try one good indie game, such as Thomas Was Alone, AAA does not seem as impressive...
Heck, here is a browser flash indie game which is the most atmospheric thing I have played this year, everyone has to play it (takes 5 minutes):

What a coincidence, I finished this about 10 minutes ago! Great game, too bad it's 2 minutes long.

jwtsonga

Apart form the short length it's quite amazing for an indie game, everyone should play it, especially since it does not take long at all and is playable in browsers!

Nozem

Hah, i liked the 'Protoss Imba' in the background.

Gravity Rush 2
Ninja Theory's new game
MediaMolecule's new game
A release date for Grim Fandango HD
New footage of Rime and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Tarsier's new game Hunger
That PS4 JRPG from Japan Studio

Bring it. Tomorrow, it's all gonna happen.

jwtsonga

Europe. You know, where the history comes from.

E3 is the crap that's at an ungodly hour.

Lol actually MS is at 11pm here in Australia, whereas Sony is at 4am. Us Aussies get shafted for both E3 and Gamescom timings.... (ps what do u mean by the history)

JoshHood

New Housmarque game title will be at least 14 characters
https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/498753674542206976

There current profile is 146 characters long without the 'more' included, thus there new title must be at least 14 character long.... and its time for bed

EDIT: Who wants to crowd source to fins recent Sony copyright filings for game titles that are at least 14 characters long? Cuz I dont
DBL EDIT: Hahaha holy shit... could it be The Hungry Horde

Dead Nation 2: The Hungry Horde?

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Yeaaah. 10am here, so good.

My day off is on Thursday, I'll try to change it for tomorrow so that I can see it all at home :D

I also just got a new 60" Sammy Plasma, sogood.gif

Top Bottom