• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is really pushing Horizon!

Jharp

Pretty excited for the game, but I'll probably be waiting for it to get cheaper in the next six to nine months. Between Nioh and Zelda, I gotta put off on Horizon, unfortunately.

February-March is fucking PACKED. Nioh, Zelda, Wildlands, and Mass Effect. All likely to be at least fifty hours.

Jesus fuck. Spring is the new Fall. Publishers need to pace this shit out better. Summer is still so dry.

JakR

Pretty excited for the game, but I'll probably be waiting for it to get cheaper in the next six to nine months. Between Nioh and Zelda, I gotta put off on Horizon, unfortunately.

February-March is fucking PACKED. Nioh, Zelda, Wildlands, and Mass Effect. All likely to be at least fifty hours.

Jesus fuck. Spring is the new Fall. Publishers need to pace this shit out better. Summer is still so dry.

Do not forget Persona 5 in April. :)

For me, Horizon is day one and have free days put into beginning of march.^^

It is a crazy time again and not enough time to play half of what will release in the coming weeks and months. Good times.

Krakin

From videos I found Aloy to move too slow and sluggish for my liking, horseriding seemed about as snappy as DA:I. I dunno game feel didn't look great, but if people are hype, I am hype.

Her slide is already ridiculous, you want her to run like the Flash as well?

I've Nioh, Horizon and Mass Effect Andromeda noted, I'd like to get Ghost Recon to play with my friends but I can't spent more than $60 each month (or I least I shouldn't).

I'm waiting for Nioh reviews, I liked what I've tried a lot but I'm not as confident to buy it full price. If it's well reviewed then I'll be there and fuck Ghost Recon (or my credit card). :p

I wish I was there. :(

More pictures:

C214E2aXgAAeTnx.jpg:large

C216kGsXgAAs1K_.jpg

C216kGwXgAAGwZn.jpg
Lol, the guy on his phone during the cutscene.

Krakin

Pretty much. Mock reviews have been very good. Internally I'm told the game is regarded as the best thing coming out of anything first party by senior PS leadership. They're extremely high on it.

I expect the game do well critically and commercially.

Oh my dayum

Servbot24

Banned
From videos I found Aloy to move too slow and sluggish for my liking, horseriding seemed about as snappy as DA:I. I dunno game feel didn't look great, but if people are hype, I am hype.

Hmm, to me the gameplay seems to be what raises this game above other open world games.

Comparing it to DA:I is obviously ludicrous though

Endo Punk

Guerilla really needs to big up Sony's EU branch which has been hit hard this gen with disappointments and closures. I really hope the game delivers, we need more successful new Ip's but most importantly we need good ip's. While the story trailer has me wary I still think it can pull off a quality gameplay experience which should help with reviews.

Are those lifetime sales? I find that kinda unbelievable

I'm probably low-balling it, but realistically up to 3 million sales is very good for a brand new IP on a single platform. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it sells considerably more than that over its lifetime, but I think it's good to keep expectations realistic.

I'm probably low-balling it, but realistically up to 3 million sales is very good for a brand new IP on a single platform. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it sells considerably more than that over its lifetime, but I think it's good to keep expectations realistic.
How much do you expect it to sell the first year?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

From the looks of it and the hands on previews seem to confirm this, but Horizon looks like it has a far more competent moment to moment controls than most other open world games come close to which is absolutely great to me. Geralt can be a major chore to move around the Witcher 3 especially if its something that has to be nuanced and his horse is even worse.

Now they put up new videos promoting it. This time about cosplaying aloy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIhH2RgKCA

Some of that footage actually looks new, or at least it looks like some longer takes on some quick shots we got in the past.

Loudninja

From the looks of it and the hands on previews seem to confirm this, but Horizon looks like it has a far more competent moment to moment controls than most other open world games come close to which is absolutely great to me. Geralt can be a major chore to move around the Witcher 3 especially if its something that has to be nuanced and his horse is even worse.

Some of that footage actually looks new, or at least it looks like some longer takes on some quick shots we got in the past.
Umm no they don.t,

Well, the last footage I saw was last E3, but firing arrows to pin down dinosaurs (with ropes you just ghost through) and sort of clumsy combat, I don't know, it just felt kind of laborious and soulless (not that Souls). I'm not sure what I was expecting, but what I saw didn't excite me.
can we stop using this word "soulless" plz...I see this way too often in gaming media, but it implies something is generic, and that's really the complete opposite of what GG's has done here. It's robotic dinosaurs with a fast-paced action game engine with shooter controls in a third person camera perspective.

it may not interest you, that's cool, but it's far from soulless aka generic.

can we stop using this word "soulless" plz...I see this way too often in gaming media, but it implies something is generic, and that's really the complete opposite of what GG's has done here. It's robotic dinosaurs with a fast-paced action game engine with shooter controls in a third person camera perspective.

it may not interest you, that's cool, but it's far from soulless aka generic.

Don't take me out of context, I was talking specifically about the combat. The premise of the game is exciting. As I said, the world looks great, the engine looks fantastic, but the combat doesn't have a fluidity to it compared to something like MGSV. Pinning down dinos with arrow ropes didn't look fun to me. Perhaps "soulless" is not the right word to describe the combat, and perhaps there is more versatility in how you can take down dinos that what I've seen or has been shown, but it just felt a bit like a checklist of things to do instead of something organic.

Concerning the story, I hope that they avoid cultural appropriation of indigenous cultures, as the characters are looking a bit more "native" than "caveman".

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just praying it runs properly on PS4, frame rate issues kill games for me and it's a beautiful looking open world game so I feel justified in being worried.

I'm not going to watch a second of it (I'm on media blackout), and I haven't even watched the latest story trailer.

I'm just looking forward to hearing impressions without giving many details. And if the open world design is as many people have been speculating.

Reaperssj

Im really starting to think that Guerrilla has done an excellent job of showing us next to nothing about this game besides the core combat mechanics which I feel might be ruined with this incoming round of press previews. We really know the bare bones and really I just want to know if we can change the spear for another type of melee weapon perhaps the swords that were shown in the latest trailer.

Gudji

Skill tree on the right screen, simple but seems to have a lot of options? The UI also got some love, looks much better now compared to the E3 build.

C27ksk-XgAEZGaF.jpg:large

Hoo-doo

Banned
Skill tree on the right screen, simple but seems to have a lot of options?

C27ksk-XgAEZGaF.jpg:large

I see
- Skills
- Inventory
- Crafting

So not really anything new. A good inventory and lots of varied items to find and craft is certainly interesting to me though.

Top Bottom