• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

Go_Ly_Dow

untitled-31ibxt.gif
games-journalismaf8t.gif
untitled-33p9tl.gif

cripterion

I sure would have taken a refund on the last guardian on base PS4 before they patched the hell out of it too. Remember how terrible that game performed compared to the pro version. This isn't good guy SONY, as an earlier poster said, I think this is because of protecting their BS refund policy.

I don't give a fuck about Sony, not stanning for them lol : I could never get a refund for NBA2K11 old gen despite not having played or even downloaded the game but their refunded system with all the bot crap and waiting for a ticket is just so shot and while going throught all that I still couldn't get in touch with a rep. (US system)
The PS store sucks and I constantly have to reboot my PS5 cause it constantly gives me CE errors whenever you bring up anything store related.

This isn't about Sony, it's about CDPR fucking up.

CuNi

Absolute horseshit.

Everyone will buy the game when it's fixed.

So are people with no man's sky. You don't remember games that redeemed themselves, the internet and gaming culture only remembers the fall.

I obviously hope CDPR can fix the bugs and someday release a version which tells their original vision for the game, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a perfect and burning example of why "they made good games before, the next will also be a good game!!" is the gaming equivalent of the Monte Carlo fallacy.
Just because a studio or producer has a good track record so far, does not guarantee that the next game will also meet those standards.

Radical_3d

If you don't know the difference between "a pass" and a "second chance" I can certainly provide a link to enlighten you. Is a month long enough for you to reflect on what separates the former from the latter?
:pie_thinking:

It's almost as if a few people seem to be expressing a sadistic pleasure in the possible demise of CDPR. Sweet. Surely they won't mind people treating them with the exact same intransigence: one mistake, you're out the window.
This sounds like you like to give them a pass for this one. Maybe you are accusing the 4-5 million of console buyers (a conservative estimation of preorder numbers + day 1 buyers) of being too weak to endure a fairly advertised crap game that totally looks like the reviews they had under NDA. Maybe not. But it surely sounds apologetic.

That second chance you want for CDPR is something that their financial strength and the market may or may not provide. The responsibility from the press is to reflect on their mistakes and point out the CDPR practices and lies. And the right, at least in the western civilization, for the costumers is to ask responsibilities and refunds for this scam. We are just discussing that. If this triggers your loyalty to this corporation maybe you are the one who should think who is acting out of pure visceral feelings.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's almost as if a few people seem to be expressing a sadistic pleasure in the possible demise of CDPR. Sweet. Surely they won't mind people treating them with the exact same intransigence: one mistake, you're out the window.

I, for one, want to see CDPR bounce back. I want to see them learn from this mistake and come back stronger than ever. Their track record warrants a second chance and there's a number of values they stand for I don't see that many AAA developers adopting.

But hey!, if all you want is a circus fire so that the bore Covid has brought comes to a momentary halt, by all means pile on the sadism.

If it were just a buggy game, most people would have forgiven them. They could use COVID as an excuse and ask for more time. Most gamers would have supported them.

The problem is that they actively tried to fuck gamers by intentionally holding back base console footage, uploading fake PS4 Pro and Xbox One X footage, and preventing YouTubers from uploading their own recorded footage. They intentionally tricked their fans into buying a buggy, broken game. And then they have the audacity to say that "we didn't pay much attention to the console versions; PC was our main focus" [rephrasing].

Honestly, as much as I've loved them and supported them throughout the years, they brought it upon themselves and totally deserve the wrath.

RGB'D

So are people with no man's sky. You don't remember games that redeemed themselves, the internet and gaming culture only remembers the fall.

I obviously hope CDPR can fix the bugs and someday release a version which tells their original vision for the game, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a perfect and burning example of why "they made good games before, the next will also be a good game!!" is the gaming equivalent of the Monte Carlo fallacy.
Just because a studio or producer has a good track record so far, does not guarantee that the next game will also meet those standards.
I'm playing Cyberpunk on PC and it's incredible. This is a good game, it is just poorly optimized for consoles. It is a badly performing very good game on consoles.

Radical_3d

Publishers always sent the best version, a long with an nda

So?
I have certain familiarity myself with the NDAs delivered to the press and are nothing like this. And there is usually an array of versions to be tested. If what you said were true we wouldn’t had an Xbox review from 2013 to 2017.

Yeah, discharge your weapon on a rooftop and see where the police come from. lol.
It's not a perfect game. It's not GOTY. I've been critical of it here in various threads.

But it is a good and fun game.

And looks amazing and runs great on PC. Nobody should ever have bought this on old consoles.

No console simp-athies.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Boy, the potential legal challenges from XBox owners if Microsoft refuse refunds...

I saw multiple comments on Reddit that some people couldn't get refunds. Although MS's refund policy is clearly better than Sony's, it sucks to be those gamers right now. Hope they get a win!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's not a perfect game. It's not GOTY. I've been critical of it here in various threads.

But it is a good and fun game.

And looks amazing and runs great on PC. Nobody should ever have bought this on old consoles.

No console simp-athies.

They sold it on old consoles. Why shouldn't no one buy it on said consoles?

And there is NO next-gen-console version. So it is literally only for the old consoles right now.

Last edited:
They sold it on consoles. Why shouldn't no one buy it on said consoles?

And there is NO next-gen-console version. So it is literally only for the old consoles.
Why? Because it was clearly always going to run and look like shit.

THESE ARE 7 YEAR OLD WEAK CONSOLES.

Consumers need some responsibility and common sense.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I saw multiple comments on Reddit that some people couldn't get refunds. Although MS's refund policy is clearly better than Sony's, it sucks to be those gamers right now. Hope they get a win!

Oh... they will. Now Sony have basically set the precedent, there’s no way in hell XBox can refuse to do the same thing. They’ll be down in the weeds of consumer rights, and they don’t want that!

CuNi

I'm playing Cyberpunk on PC and it's incredible. This is a good game, it is just poorly optimized for consoles. It is a badly performing very good game on consoles.

People also buy hello games next game. I didn't mean to say it'll kill the company or so, or that the game is particularly bad. It's just that so far CDPR hat more or less very good track record with people salivating about announcements and already deeming their games GOTY before release.

We need to change that culture and take very game as a standalone instead of projecting past game success onto future projects, even more when it's a completely different genre than what the studio is known for.

It most certainly is a good game, but bugs can kill joy in the game and a game that plays like this on consoles just shatters the trust of console gamers into a company. If I were one of the unlucky console players, I'd make sure not to lore order at least the next 2 games from them and wait for reviews. Many will probably do exactly that. Stock has been falling for the company.

It won't kill them obviously but hat trust is quit damaged.

:pie_thinking:

This sounds like you like to give them a pass for this one.

Work on your comprehension then.

Maybe you are accusing the 4-5 million of console buyers (a conservative estimation of preorder numbers + day 1 buyers) of being too weak to endure a fairly advertised crap game that totally looks like the reviews they had under NDA. Maybe not. But it surely sounds apologetic.

I didn't say a word about console gamers and I am certainly not ascribing any blame whatsoever to them. They bought a faulty product. That's entirely on CDPR.

Work on your comprehension.

That second chance you want for CDPR is something that their financial strength and the market may or may not provide.

It also comes in the form of not making definitive pronouncements about he compony. At least potentially, people and companies can redeem themselves.

The responsibility from the press is to reflect on their mistakes and point out the CDPR practices and lies. And the right, at least in the western civilization, is to ask responsibilities and refunds for this scam.

Where did I say they shouldn't' be held accountable?

Do work on your comprehension.

They most definitely should be held accountable. Every single mistake they've made should be pointed out in the clearest possible fashion. That's quite different from cheering for their demise by next Wednesday.

We are just discussing that. If this triggers your loyalty to this corporation maybe you are the one who should think who is acting out of pure visceral feelings.

I don't get triggered. My opinion diverges from your opinion.
Earth shattering, I know.

An intensive year should just about do it.

RGB'D

I don't give a fuck about Sony, not stanning for them lol : I could never get a refund for NBA2K11 old gen despite not having played or even downloaded the game but their refunded system with all the bot crap and waiting for a ticket is just so shot and while going throught all that I still couldn't get in touch with a rep. (US system)
The PS store sucks and I constantly have to reboot my PS5 cause it constantly gives me CE errors whenever you bring up anything store related.

This isn't about Sony, it's about CDPR fucking up.
I'm not saying that CDPR doesn't entirely deserve the blame for the console mess. Im saying that the argument that SONY is being good or proconsumer seems flawed because they have A. Released even first parties in terrible shape and never delisted them.
B. Done nothing to affect physical releases.
C. Have a terrible digital refund policy that seems to be a key reason for the decision to delist Cyberpunk from their digital store.

CDPR should have delayed console release for everything except next gen consoles. But just as we shouldn't blame Sony for the mess CP is in, I'm not going to say that SONY deserves a kudos for this move either. It seems entirely self serving

I can bet they will fix the game in the follow months.

So the 7 years old weak consoles excuse will be only a excuse some here like to say.
"Fix" only to the point where some simps will find it acceptable.

Sub 1080p sub 30fps low settings.

Yeah have fun with that.

Get some standards plz console simps.

Last edited:

Ogbert

CDPR gambled.

The game probably should have been delayed for another 12 months. Then it would have been polished and released to acclaim.

Instead, they released an alpha and its backfired spectacularly.

It will still make insane amounts of money but they’ve taken a PR hit.

ethomaz

Banned
"Fix" only to the point where some simps will find it acceptable.

Sub 1080p sub 30fps low settings.

Yeah have fun with that.

Get some standards plz console simps.
If the game runs without crashes, bugs, at sub 1080p 30fps nobody may have asking refund lol

That is how it should be launched.

The issue is not the graphical quality... and nobody expected 60fps in game like Cuberpunk on base last-gen consoles.

There is no hardware issue with last gen consoles... they confirmed that worked very little on optimizations and didn’t have a QA team to track issues.

The game was rushed.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I’ll predict this now: Cyberpunk 2077 will be a PC only game very soon, and will remain as such for a good year.

It’ll probably get pulled from Xbox. No way they can just not follow in Sony’s footsteps at this stage. Way too much PR goodwill conceded otherwise, and the Xbox One version is even worse than Ps4.
The rare case of "brutal but fair". The game was too high-profile to be released in the state that it was. Will MS follow suit? I honestly see them hanging onto the game as a means of being the only console source for the game, even if that version suffers more than the PS4.
It’s be idiotic to do that. Why earn so much bad will from your player base?
Xbox HAVE to follow suit. At least in offering full refunds.

Seen comments on other sites where disc PS5 owners are trying to claim it's another reason not to buy a digital edition (even if all you buy is digital content, presumably) because you now have no way to buy Cyberpunk 2077. :pie_roffles:

Quite apart from the fact that any digital edition owners who really wanted this game have almost certainly already bought it and can keep access to it if they choose, it's a really bizarre flex!

Radical_3d

Work on your comprehension then.

I didn't say a word about console gamers and I am certainly not ascribing any blame whatsoever to them. They bought a faulty product. That's entirely on CDPR.

It also comes in the form of not making definitive pronouncements about he compony. At least potentially, people and companies can redeem themselves.

Where did I say they shouldn't' be held accountable?

Do work on your comprehension.

They most definitely should be held accountable. Every single mistake they've made should be pointed out in the clearest possible fashion. That's quite different from cheering for their demise by next Wednesday.

I don't get triggered. My opinion diverges from your opinion.
Earth shattering, I know.

An intensive year should just about do it.
You held a narrative in your original post and now you are running away from it. I may be not a native English speaker but I got that much. “Evil GAF is willing to burn lovely CDPR to the ashes”. You literally didn’t say that, but no narrative is that obvious, you hide it in a passive aggressive statement so you can infer it, but at the same time you can deny writing it. You just said that looks like some people wants them to fail (omitting the reason, that helps the victim narrative) and you want them to have a second chance (that may imply to give them a break pressure wise in one of the largest forums of video games). But you didn’t ask us to give them a pass. :pie_thinking:

What does English GAF thinks about this? Was I reading it all wrong?

You held a narrative in your original post and now you are running away from it. I may be not a native English speaker but I got that much. “Evil GAF is willing to burn lovely CDPR to the ashes”. You literally didn’t say that, but no narrative is that obvious, you hide it in a passive aggressive statement so you can infer it, but at the same time you can deny writing it. You just said that looks like some people wants them to fail (omitting the reason, that helps the victim narrative) and you want them to have a second chance (that may imply to give them a break pressure wise in one of the largest forums of video games). But you didn’t ask us to give them a pass. :pie_thinking:

What does English GAF thinks about this? Was I reading it all wrong?

I think 5 years of intensive work on your comprehension and down the line it just might be salvageable.

cripterion

I'm not saying that CDPR doesn't entirely deserve the blame for the console mess. Im saying that the argument that SONY is being good or proconsumer seems flawed because they have A. Released even first parties in terrible shape and never delisted them.
B. Done nothing to affect physical releases.
C. Have a terrible digital refund policy that seems to be a key reason for the decision to delist Cyberpunk from their digital store.

CDPR should have delayed console release for everything except next gen consoles. But just as we shouldn't blame Sony for the mess CP is in, I'm not going to say that SONY deserves a kudos for this move either. It seems entirely self serving

Maybe you're misquoting then cause I'm not arguing in their favor about that. I just said it's a good thing the game got delisted. If Steam and MS followed suit I would say the same thing.
Obviously we can't ask for GoG to do the same lol

EDIT : also hope this sends a message to Jim "greedy" Ryan with all his bs talk about believing in generations and then coming up with first parties games on both PS5 and PS4. It's all well for now cause no matter what anyone says, Spiderman is still a last gen game a its core, but clearly it can hamper future games, case in point, this mess with Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
This is a disaster for CDPR. I've got someone over doing some home repairs and he's listening to the radio while working in the bathroom. It has reached the mainstream news here - the radio station's news report just talked for 30 seconds about the whole thing.

thelastword

Banned
But but but, I was told by xbros that MS is pro consumer. Xbros wanna explain why MS hasn't taken this game down yet? Why is Sony leading the way if they're so anti-consumer?
Sony is the leader, MS will follow, just give it some time. You remember when Sony cancelled a gaming event because of the unrest due to Floyd and his funeral. Many XBOX fans pegged this as a bad thing, that Sony does not want to show games, events in the world should never cancel a gaming event.....but MS tweeted a day later or so that they would be doing the same......The irony...

-------------
I remember Arkham Knight got taken off steam, it was an awful PC port, though not as bad as Cyberpunk. Life of Black Tiger. nobody hyped Black Tiger, it was just a mediocre game from a developer who are purported several leagues below CPDR. Unity was playable and did not crash like Cyberpunk is, it did not look awful on consoles like Cyberpunk is, it actually did something unique with crowds on the Jaguars, so at least we could see where the processing was going to.....People saying this game was not taken out why cyberpunk are you going to refund the thousands who want their money back. CDPR is a rated developer and they release this on last gen consoles, it's their second time working on consoles, three if you count Gwent, there is no excuse for a developer like this to be releasing such awful console ports time and time again......Either do your PC stuff only and leave the console money alone...

mejin

Sony is the leader, MS will follow, just give it some time. You remember when Sony cancelled a gaming event because of the unrest due to Floyd and his funeral. Many XBOX fans pegged this as a bad thing, that Sony does not want to show games, events in the world should never cancel a gaming event.....but MS tweeted a day later or so that they would be doing the same......The irony...

-------------
I remember Arkham Knight got taken off steam, it was an awful PC port, though not as bad as Cyberpunk. Life of Black Tiger. nobody hyped Black Tiger, it was just a mediocre game from a developer who are purported several leagues below CPDR. Unity was playable and did not crash like Cyberpunk is, it did not look awful on consoles like Cyberpunk is, it actually did something unique with crowds on the Jaguars, so at least we could see where the processing was going to.....People saying this game was not taken out why cyberpunk are you going to refund the thousands who want their money back. CDPR is a rated developer and they release this on last gen consoles, it's their second time working on consoles, three if you count Gwent, there is no excuse for a developer like this to be releasing such awful console ports time and time again......Either do your PC stuff only and leave the console money alone...

You also have to consider MS is a master of deception. We are talking about a manufacturer that still use pc version to announce and describe what to expect from a series X version. CDPR is at home here.

But things are happening so fast, anything can happen.

But but but, I was told by xbros that MS is pro consumer. Xbros wanna explain why MS hasn't taken this game down yet? Why is Sony leading the way if they're so anti-consumer?

Taking the game down from the store is not pro consumer. It's anti consumer.
There is just one version of the game. People with a Series X, Series S or Xbox One X could not buy the game, just because it's running like shit on the original Xbox One or Xbox One S.

How is that pro consumer?
Sony just removed the game, because giving refunds will cost them money (more than a non sale) and the scale is the biggest ever, because the game sold millions.
Nothing is pro consumer about what Sony did. It's more the opposite.

Last edited:

ape2man

If CD Project RED is going down even further i'm going to buy me some nice project red stock. Its almost at high covid march levels.

Top Bottom