• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

Isendurl

I'm giving Sony till January 5th to refund Cyberpunk to my psn account or else I may have to gather gamers around the world and file a suite against Sony & CD PROJEKT RED
You better tweet them your deadline or something, I don't think they read GAF.

THEAP99

Banned
Literally I think the cyberpunk refund page is broken.

Every time I click on submit request, it says request submitted.
But then I go to reload the page or just exit it then go back in and literally it has me do that again. I don't even think it's gone through at all.

Has anyone else who got the game from psn gotten a refund yet? This is horseshit spaghetti code

Venom Snake

I'm giving Sony till January 5th to refund Cyberpunk to my psn account or else I may have to gather gamers around the world and file a suite against Sony & CD PROJEKT RED

If you want to sue CDPR, you must file a private claim. In the Polish court. Gathering people from all over the world won't help you here.
Waste of your time.

As for Sony, you need to check your e-mail. The request verification procedure may take up to 72 hours according to information from their official website.

THEAP99

Banned
If you want to sue CDPR, you must file a private claim. In the Polish court. Gathering people from all over the world won't help you here.
Waste of your time.

As for Sony, you need to check your e-mail. The request verification procedure may take up to 72 hours according to information from their official website.
i have family and connections over in poland.

And I requested the refund a day after sony put them up. I don't believe I got any email

Venom Snake

And I requested the refund a day after sony put them up. I don't believe I got any email

I understand, but you'd have to do it yourself. There are strict rules for granting powers of attorney to file a lawsuit on someone else's behalf.

Long story short, you will lose more money than you could gain. I advise against.

harlekin

Also, you might have to wait two years, because class action lawsuits arent a thing in european law (we do have stricter regulation to get something to market, but then you arent expected to get sued out of existence as a company).

Gamers vs reality, the fight continues.

OuterLimits

I agree. Fundamentally non-existent refund system.

I remember during the No Man's Sky launch debacle, Sony did grant refunds to quite a few people with the message pretty much "Ok, we will grant this refund this one time because we are so damn nice, but don't do this again."

of course I believe Sony was actually somewhat financially affiliated with No Man's Sky on PS4 and provided marketing(and publishing?) on the system. They quickly threw Hello Games under the bus in the following weeks and pretended they had no involvement with the game.

Like I mentioned earlier though, NMS is massively improved compared to launch. Perhaps Cyberpunk will be improved significantly as well. My guess is it will be, but I'm unsure how much better it will get on last gen consoles.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I remember during the No Man's Sky launch debacle, Sony did grant refunds to quite a few people with the message pretty much "Ok, we will grant this refund this one time because we are so damn nice, but don't do this again."

of course I believe Sony was actually somewhat financially affiliated with No Man's Sky on PS4 and provided marketing(and publishing?) on the system. They quickly threw Hello Games under the bus in the following weeks and pretended they had no involvement with the game.

Like I mentioned earlier though, NMS is massively improved compared to launch. Perhaps Cyberpunk will be improved significantly as well. My guess is it will be, but I'm unsure how much better it will get on last gen consoles.
I sure they'll make it better. NMS was a bit of a different beast because Sean Murray flat out lied about what would be in the game vs. CDPR releasing a broken mess on consoles. But it seems like CDPR has been putting in effort. Hopefully they can get a solid lock on 30 FPS for base PS4 and get their game live again.

Patrick S.

Banned

sopranos mafia GIF by HBO

No one got an email, this is how Sony gets around an EU law that states that refunds must be completed in two weeks of getting confirmation that the refund was accepted (a similar law may exist in the US).

The confirmation from the refund page isn’t enough and doesn’t count as receipt.

So Sony can drag this out for as long as they want. People on Reddit seem to be getting refunds/confirmation emails for a week now, though. My guess is that this is a completely manual process, add the holiday to that and you get long wait times.

Top Bottom