• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

Man, can't believe Sony delisted this thing, guys.

Completely anti-consumer, smh.

Also love the way their CEO is liking tweets saying "big deal, the Witcher was busted at release too". The man clearly thinks that practice is ok. It's not gonna disappear after this, especially as he clearly sees his company as the victims here.

OuterLimits

this is rich given how much Bethesda cock consumers gobble up without Sony punching them in the junk.

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying Skyrim on PS3. While most Bethesda games have many bugs at launch, the PS3 version was far worse than Xbox/PC in terms of performance and corrupted saves.

No Man's Sky was another I regretted buying Day 1 because of system crashes and false claims made by Hello Games. To their credit though they spent the last couple years adding free updates, and the game is pretty damn impressive now. I tried it again months ago and was amazed how much different it was compared to launch

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man, can't believe Sony delisted this thing, guys.

Completely anti-consumer, smh.

Also love the way their CEO is liking tweets saying "big deal, the Witcher was busted at release too". The man clearly thinks that practice is ok. It's not gonna disappear after this, especially as he clearly sees his company as the victims here.

LOL. Sounds like Skyrim on PS3. Same issue where if you dabbled with too many items in the world, the game crashed due to ram limits.

Gamezone

Gold Member
CDPR, we live in a world where your game is delisted but Life of the Black Tiger isn't

This put some perspective on how they fucked up lmao

- Was people expecting a AAA title with this?
- Did they promise stuff that weren't there in the final release?
- Did they remove every piece of leaked gameplay?
- Did they send out review codes for PC only?
- Was reviewers able to show their own gameplay footage in the first reviews?
- Was every pre-release gameplay from PC?
- Was it in development for 8 years?

(Yeah, I know that this was a Playstation exclusive).

Lot's of questions to put in perspective before comparing Cyberpunk to Life of the Black Tiger.

TheKratos

- Was people expecting a AAA title with this?
- Did they promise stuff that weren't there in the final release?
- Did they remove every piece of leaked gameplay?
- Did they send out review codes for PC only?
- Was reviewers able to show their own gameplay footage in the first reviews?
- Was every pre-release gameplay from PC?
- Was it in development for 8 years?

(Yeah, I know that this was a Playstation exclusive).

Lot's of questions to put in perspective before comparing Cyberpunk to Life of the Black Tiger.

Lmfao. Look all the footage shown was clearly mentioned to be PC. It's not like they didn't allow console versions to be reviewed after release.

Honestly the writing was on the wall, from all the footage it was clear consoles were going to struggle and it would be best not to pre-order and wait for reviews.

Consumers should do their fucking homework, it's freaking 2020, no excuses not to be properly informed before buying stuff.

DonJorginho

Banned
Lmfao. Look all the footage shown was clearly mentioned to be PC. It's not like they didn't allow console versions to be reviewed after release.

Honestly the writing was on the wall, from all the footage it was clear consoles were going to struggle and it would be best not to pre-order and wait for reviews.

Consumers should do their fucking homework, it's freaking 2020, no excuses not to be properly informed before buying stuff.
Not everyone spends time on gaming forums to find out every rumour and update on Cyberpunk development, people shouldn't have to do a Sherlock Holmes level investigation into a game to see if it actually WORKS before buying it, in the case of Cyberpunk you couldn't wait for reviews due to them hiding them in a shady manner when it came to any console information or bug reporting.

Consumers shouldn't have to do their fucking homework, Developers should do their fucking jobs correctly 👍🏼

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If those people ain’t even willing to spend 5 mins googling or reddit for reviews and opinions for a $60+ video game, they deserves it imo.

I am even pondering what discounted games to buy on Switch with this Christmas sales happening and thanks to the Switch community on reddit, I’m skipping Bloodstained on the handheld.

JLB

Banned
Yeah some people just aren't getting this point.

CP2077 was drawing probably at least 20x the complaints and refund requests any of those other games people keep mentioning.

So its a matter of quantity, not quality? If a game is broken in a close garden platform, the owner of such platform is the one to held accountable. Period.
Why so many people thought that the whole delisting was a “pro consumer” move by Sony is out of my mind. We are talking of the same company that was blatantly permabanning users asking for refunds. Let me put that in perspective: When my kid bought a shit ton of roblox credits on xbox a time ago, i call xbox and in 5 minutes i got my money back. No questions. When I bought a game on Steam that doesnt work or bores me, I ask for a refund and no problem.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So its a matter of quantity, not quality? If a game is broken in a close garden platform, the owner of such platform is the one to held accountable. Period.
Why so many people thought that the whole delisting was a “pro consumer” move by Sony is out of my mind. We are talking of the same company that was blatantly permabanning users asking for refunds. Let me put that in perspective: When my kid bought a shit ton of roblox credits on xbox a time ago, i call xbox and in 5 minutes i got my money back. No questions. When I bought a game on Steam that doesnt work or bores me, I ask for a refund and no problem.

This part is false. The platform holder isn't the QA department for these developers. Games have never really been held back because they were buggy or broken. There are so many games that ran like crap at launch that passed certification so actually working well has never been a requirement. I imagine that all they really care about is whether it's going to brick the system or compromise security of the platform.

wzy

This is the second full-price game I've purchased on PS4 that absolutely should not have been certified (the other was XCOM2). Why even have the process if it's just meaningless?

JLB

Banned
This part is false. The platform holder isn't the QA department for these developers. Games have never really been held back because they were buggy or broken. There are so many games that ran like crap at launch that passed certification so actually working well has never been a requirement. I imagine that all they really care about is whether it's going to brick the system or compromise security of the platform.

Platform owners do QA of games, thats a certainty.
But in any case, is there evidence of the bold part?

vpance

It’s not black and white, either or. But it’s usually just a numbers game with how big corps handle these unique situations.

It’s like that line from Fight Club. A x B x C = X. If X is less than the cost of a recall then we don’t do one. I imagine CP2077 lit up their charts like they never seen before with other buggy games.

But CDPR also thinks in the same way. When they released their broken game, they were counting on there not being enough complainers to cause a shit storm, but they calculated wrong.

JLB

Banned
It’s not black and white, either or. But it’s usually just a numbers game with how big corps handle these unique situations.

It’s like that line from Fight Club. A x B x C = X. If X is less than the cost of a recall then we don’t do one. I imagine CP2077 lit up their charts like they never seen before with other buggy games.

But CDPR also thinks in the same way. When they released their broken game, they were counting on there not being enough complainers to cause a shit storm, but they calculated wrong.

I kind of agree. Though Im still not sure that CDPR calculated wrong, we should wait for numbers.
Definitely there are calculations from both companies. And both are clearly not pro consumer on this situation.

Last edited:

vpance

I kind of agree. Though Im still not sure that CDPR calculated wrong, we should wait for numbers.
Definitely there are calculations from both companies. And both are clearly not pro consumer on this situation.

I think if CDPR factored in Sony pulling the game they wouldn't have released it. That part seems to be a safe bet.

Maybe once their stock prices dive ms will pull out the chequebook and buy them and put them together with Bethesda....they will cancel each other out so it will be the most glorious game of all time

TheKratos

Not everyone spends time on gaming forums to find out every rumour and update on Cyberpunk development, people shouldn't have to do a Sherlock Holmes level investigation into a game to see if it actually WORKS before buying it, in the case of Cyberpunk you couldn't wait for reviews due to them hiding them in a shady manner when it came to any console information or bug reporting.

Consumers shouldn't have to do their fucking homework, Developers should do their fucking jobs correctly 👍🏼

Nonsense. Consumers should ALWAYS do their homework. You're spending 70 fucking bux, can't be your mommy's money because the rating is not for kids.

ESPECIALLY if you preorder a new franchise at least be informed. If you want to go blind in then take the L, ask for refund instead of turning into a full Karen.

This has nothing to with spending time on forum or not, hell people on this very forum bought the console version too and are in shock and awe. Only one thing matters, DO NOT PRE-ORDER and wait for reviews.

Last edited:
Today being the last day for refunds, I think cyberpunk will be back on PSN store soon.
Today is not the last day for refunds, only for emailing the CDPR help email for physical copy refunds. Microsoft have said refunds are "until further notice" and I'd be very surprised if Sony were to re-list before the Jan/Feb patches to be honest.

MMaRsu

Banned
This is the second full-price game I've purchased on PS4 that absolutely should not have been certified (the other was XCOM2). Why even have the process if it's just meaningless?

Xcom 2 is a piece of shit on base consoles, you're right.

Sony obviously doesnt care bout that one

Last edited:

scydrex

I understand some comments of other games that have been broken at launch and full of bugs. Yeah they should have do something about it like Cyberpunk but the moment is now. Maybe the change is now.. from now on devs should be more careful with their games. Tomorrow maybe other thing change too and we have to accept that. Maybe tomorrow we may think differently from yesterday and we tell ourselves i should have done that but that is in the past. I know this game was going to run like crap in last gen... Decided to wait for next gen update. Shame on CD Projeck with how Cyberpunk turned out. Yes they are games that run like crap but what pushed Sony to do this was the public comment CD projeck did with the refunds. Sony do not refund digital games. To stop the refund madness they decided to remove Cyberpunk. Maybe with other games the case is different and not many people have ask for refund. This situation exploded like a bomb. Is bigger of what had happen with other games that run bad or full of bugs.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member

AFTER release being the operative word. Don’t try to defend it. Multiple actions by CDPR show they purposely engaged in trying to let the word out about base console performance as late as possible. So now it’s time for them to face consequences esp. since as late as last Monday they tried to play stupid and muddy the waters regarding refunds. Sony wasn’t going to play ball. Someone will take the fall for that but probably not the board or top management since they are at the same time major shareholders.

Last edited:

TheKratos

AFTER release being the operative word. Don’t try to defend it. Multiple actions by CDPR show they purposely engaged in trying to let the word out about base console performance as late as possible. So now it’s time for them to face consequences esp. since as late as last Monday they tried to play stupid and muddy the waters regarding refunds. Sony wasn’t going to play ball. Someone will take the fall for that but probably not the board or top management since they are at the same time major shareholders.

Well CDRED is already facing the consequences and not hiding from the issue. People are getting their refund, consumer trust took a hit, CDRED will take a financial hit.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm telling you as a consumer don't blindly pre-order. This isn't your annual COD/FIFA that you can just pre-order without much worry.

At the end of the day, the PC version (which was the one being showcased all the time) delivered IMO. Fantastic game, yes it has bugs but nothing gamebreaking (for me).

Console version will never be the same experience, we can only hope it runs on a solid framerate but it can never give you the same experience as on PC and no one should ask for or expect such parity.

Zog

Banned

Do you believe that a game with a PS4 label should be playable on the PS4 or do you think it's ok for for it to be a crapshoot?

Well CDRED is already facing the consequences and not hiding from the issue. People are getting their refund, consumer trust took a hit, CDRED will take a financial hit.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm telling you as a consumer don't blindly pre-order. This isn't your annual COD/FIFA that you can just pre-order without much worry.

At the end of the day, the PC version (which was the one being showcased all the time) delivered IMO. Fantastic game, yes it has bugs but nothing gamebreaking (for me).

Console version will never be the same experience, we can only hope it runs on a solid framerate but it can never give you the same experience as on PC and no one should ask for or expect such parity.
Lol! 🤣🤣🤪

Until Zen 3 is out and games running on it, PS5 and XSX are the most powerfull hardwares 99, 99% people will use to run it.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Is an explanation from an industry human good enough?

I can tell you from first hand knowledge thats not the entire story. Someone I know certified a game for a Nintendo platform, and they were rejected multiple times only based on the quality of the game.
Which is kind of crazy considering that Nintendo allowed games like Superman 64 back in time.
Anyways, let me follow your point: If the game is not bricking consoles, then why it got removed? Has certification process got all of the sudden more strict?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can tell you from first hand knowledge thats not the entire story. Someone I know certified a game for a Nintendo platform, and they were rejected multiple times only based on the quality of the game.
Which is kind of crazy considering that Nintendo allowed games like Superman 64 back in time.
Anyways, let me follow your point: If the game is not bricking consoles, then why it got removed? Has certification process got all of the sudden more strict?
Technically that's second hand knowledge but I get what you're saying. Not all companies have the same certification process, though. Simple deduction tells us that Sony and Microsoft do not certify based on quality of the software otherwise this game wouldn't have released in the first place. The bulk of the Wii shovelware phase shows that Nintendo doesn't use quality as a metric, either. They rubber stamped a truckload of terrible crap for the Wii.

The speculation around why the game was removed is because CDPR sent a horde of angry people after Sony to process refunds but didn't coordinate the refund process with Sony. Officially Sony hasn't commented on why they removed it but it's easy to guess that they didn't want it to affect their reputation so they took action to prevent more dissatisfied customers.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: JLB
Nintendo allowed The Letter on the wiiu eshop. They did that.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Technically that's second hand knowledge but I get what you're saying. Not all companies have the same certification process, though. Simple deduction tells us that Sony and Microsoft do not certify based on quality of the software otherwise this game wouldn't have released in the first place. The bulk of the Wii shovelware phase shows that Nintendo doesn't use quality as a metric, either. They rubber stamped a truckload of terrible crap for the Wii.

The speculation around why the game was removed is because CDPR sent a horde of angry people after Sony to process refunds but didn't coordinate the refund process with Sony. Officially Sony hasn't commented on why they removed it but it's easy to guess that they didn't want it to affect their reputation so they took action to prevent more dissatisfied customers.
The delisting of the game is essentially a band-aid solution to a fundamentally broken refund system on Playstation.

JLB

Banned

I mostly agree with your point. Only difference is that reputation was not what they feared to lose, but plain money.

Or to be more specific: Sony has a horde of customer reps trained to say “no” and eventually permaban those asking for refunds.
A game is buggy as hell, and people will as expected ask for a refund.
Connect A and B and you can see why this could have been a recipe for a disaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom