• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Knows

One man wanted to change the PS4 for the better. One man chose to endure ridicule and scorn in order for his voice to be heard, even though he may not have been allowed to come back home alive. That was the mission he took upon himself. And his conscience saw no choice but to carry it out... his death at Modbot's hands was a duty he had to fulfil to get Sony to listen. Out of duty, he turned his back on his own Sony comrades. A lesser man would have been crushed by such a burden. The taint of disgrace will follow him to his grave. Future gaffers will revile him: The Sony fans, as someone who publicly smeared the honor of the PS4 and laid out Sony's complacency for all the world to see; and the Xbots will recognize the threat he posed to their cause, as someone who wanted to increase the competitiveness of the PS4 even further. He will go down in official history as a console fanboy, and no one will ever understand him.. that was his final mission. And like a true warrior, he saw it through the end. But I think he wanted us gaffers, of all people to know the truth. He wanted to live on in our memory. Not as a warrior, but as a catalyst for change. And that's why he told me. Gaf, I realize that the majority of this forum will never know what he did. They will never learn the truth. His story, his debriefing... will endure only in my heart. Everything he did, he did for his console. He sacrificed his account and his thread creating privileges for his platform of choice. He was a real Playstation fan. He was a true angel

deoee

PSN-ID for the love of god

My man
Carl_6992b0_590676.gif

CHECK ALL THE BOXES.

In seriousness, folders, PS1/PS2 classics and avatars would be my biggest wishes right now.
Huh. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone want to remove a game from their library?
Because you should be able to have complete control over your collection of games, even including the ability to remove them.

There's especially no reason for alphas, betas and demos to remain in my library. It creates unnecessary clutter.
But I want to change my gamer ID to ButtSmasherr nooooow!
Heh. Forgot about that.

Jawmuncher

I don't see anything about organizing the home page. I'm tired of that long bar with games and apps all over the place.
Unless folders is supposed to be that.

I believe Sony is intentionally rolling out these "fixes" and "features" slowly, so they have some great bullet points every few months for their OS updates and everybody goes crazy.

Keeping people "excited" for their platform is more important than having a feature complete OS as a selling point for new customers. I expect folders in mid 2017 and the thread about it will have 100 pages
Not sure if sarcasm but this idea really is rather silly.

The main people who keep up to date with the features many here complain about like folders etc. Are people who follow the industry, not people who might be swayed into buying a ps4 because it now let's you gift games to friends.

Should Sony have had these features already implemented? Possibly, but the idea that they are holding these features back to drag out some good will is short sighted. Wouldn't it be better to just have these features out so you can promote the fact your machine can do all these things?

Can't you use custom backgrounds, appear offline or delete stuff from library? Really? I don't have PS4 so I can't check but sounds weird if these basics aren't there.

What annoys me is that literally 75% of those would be wanted by everyone and would probably take a developer about ten minutes to program and we've been asking for them from the PS4 launch.

Probs been too busy thinking about what remasters to make instead.

ps3ud0

Surely that means all those options while maybe not all for the first major update will be all addressed soonyer rather than later?

Though why some of them need to held back to a major update is another question...

ps3ud0 8)

Bishop89

Change PSN ID!

TICK IT EVERYONE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Also, if they are offering this option, surely that means its possible for them to do something about it, and they know it?

Can't you use custom backgrounds, appear offline or delete stuff from library? Really? I don't have PS4 so I can't check but sounds weird if these basics aren't there.

Backgrounds and themes on PS4 are appalling. They're the home screen. When you click into an option or hold the PS button, you go back to the bog standard blue. So themes are pointless as you are always dragged into the standard software menus.

Not sure if sarcasm but this idea really is rather silly.

The main people who keep up to date with the features many here complain about like folders etc. Are people who follow the industry, not people who might be swayed into buying a ps4 because it now let's you gift games to friends.

Should Sony have had these features already implemented? Possibly, but the idea that they are holding these features back to drag out some good will is short sighted. Wouldn't it be better to just have these features out so you can promote the fact your machine can do all these things?
You can promote your machine with folders and online notifications? No. But you can follow the model that Apple and Microsoft made popular by rejuvenating your system with software updates. That keeps the "hardcore" talking about it, which isn't completely insignificant. Every OS update is an event that makes the thing you bought more valuable.

I don't think it's a silly theory at all. Otherwise some of those features would've been implemented by now.

viHuGi

Banned
Got a PS survey (invite only). They ask for suggestions in a blank box but toward the end this popped up. Looks like they've been paying attention to what people have been asking about.

sonyknowskiz2k.png

Gift me a game if already posted.

edit: :sad face: at lack of gifting games tick box.

edit 2:
sonywhenmirkx.png

What should I tick for second one? xD

Give me all those features baby!!!

If Sony can give us all of that until 4.0 my mind will explode.

I would have chosen PS1 and PS2 classics, plus PSN ID change.

Good line items but bad survey. They should have made you rank them in order. Everyone saying to check all will mean nothing has any weight and they gain no new information.

I would have thought some people would be smart enough to realize this, and therefore only choose a few options.

Oni Jazar

Good line items but bad survey. They should have made you rank them in order. Everyone saying to check all will mean that nothing has any weight and Sony gains no new information.

Personally the only thing I'd like to see is PS1/PS2 and filtering options on game library. I think good filtering > folders.

Head.spawn

One man wanted to change the PS4 for the better. One man chose to endure ridicule and scorn in order for his voice to be heard, even though he may not have been allowed to come back home alive. That was the mission he took upon himself. And his conscience saw no choice but to carry it out... his death at Modbot's hands was a duty he had to fulfil to get Sony to listen. Out of duty, he turned his back on his own Sony comrades. A lesser man would have been crushed by such a burden. The taint of disgrace will follow him to his grave. Future gaffers will revile him: The Sony fans, as someone who publicly smeared the honor of the PS4 and laid out Sony's complacency for all the world to see; and the Xbots will recognize the threat he posed to their cause, as someone who wanted to increase the competitiveness of the PS4 even further. He will go down in official history as a console fanboy, and no one will ever understand him.. that was his final mission. And like a true warrior, he saw it through the end. But I think he wanted us gaffers, of all people to know the truth. He wanted to live on in our memory. Not as a warrior, but as a catalyst for change. And that's why he told me. Gaf, I realize that the majority of this forum will never know what he did. They will never learn the truth. His story, his debriefing... will endure only in my heart. Everything he did, he did for his console. He sacrificed his account and his thread creating privileges for his platform of choice. He was a real Playstation fan. He was a true angel

He got banned for your sins, you heathens.

Drencrom

OP, please tell me you checked EVERY SINGLE feature in that survey list.

PS1/PS2 classics support, folders and the option to delete games/apps from your library should've been in the OS since day 1.

cormack12

Gold Member
I hope change PSN ID doesn't become the number 1 requested feature. For most people it will be a 1 time use thing. I'd rather they prioritised stuff that is of actual real use to everyone first.

Trup1aya

There's no way that this survey could actually be helpful...

I mean, why wouldn't everyone just check every box? Each item is an obvious improvement over the current offerings...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just want a way to arrange all the icons and a way to play all the content I bought last gen I assumed would be playable on the PS4 (ps1 classics).

JP

Folders & Hide / Completely remove items from library (e.g. demos) are both the most important one.

Strange they have the Store wish list option when that's already active.

Top Bottom